• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Finding culinary potential in the automotive realm

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

This is why I have a problem with the modern day foody/hipster movement. It has so little to do with a joy of food and more about ‘hacks’ and proving that classic or traditional methods and recipes are bad or wring and that they can do it better.

I’m typically a fan of progression, I am not the type be stuck in the ‘old ways’ but as a fan of both the culinary arts and anthropology, I find this way of thinking to be very anti-human. So many recipes which exist now have their roots in ancients cultures and traditions passed down and modified by not only generations and cultures, it’s one if the most basic of human expression and to make it all about gadgets and ‘hacks’ takes all of that humanity out of it.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*NT speaks compellingly to SJ about how “gadgets and hacks” are ruining tradition and taking the humanity out of things*

Life is beautiful.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know this is satire, but if someone actually did this...Do you know how quickly you can poison yourself using these materials? Most metal used in cars is galvanized, which can release toxic chemicals at certain temperatures, on top of whatever oil and road dust is present with other contaminates. Even if you clean them.

If you got an oven, you can easily make clay cooking materials. Wood is easily used for plates, or even rocks are decent cooking materials. If you are scavanging, all you really need to be able to do is boil water.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is not that far from how I solve problems and live my life. Hyperbole in this case, but I tend to use whatever is available to fix stuff. It feels good to use something weird for a salad bowl instead of a half-spherical object labeled "salad bowl" by the powers that be.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is not that far from how I solve problems and live my life. Hyperbole in this case, but I tend to use whatever is available to fix stuff. It feels good to use something weird for a salad bowl instead of a half-spherical object labeled "salad bowl" by the powers that be.

Anything is a salad bowl if you're brave enough.

rav3n

I can't get by a post apocalyptic scenario where only pots and pans vanish but an entire car lot loaded with metal sits idle, magically awaiting dumpster divers. Galvanized steel is food safe, if you avoid acidic foods. As far as oil pans are concerned, depends on what they're made of. Many are made of 304 steel which is the most common type of steel used in the food prep industry.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
In the wasteland how you eat isnt as big a question as is what will you eat. The rest is just the semantics of starvation... :shrug: