• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Food and mood

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I swear, the brain can tell when you aren't eating properly. I've felt in a torpor for the fast few days, but I just had some sweet peppers (the small kind) and now I feel much more awake. Has anyone else found this to be the case? What other correlations have you noticed?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being dehydrated = lethargy, headache.

Not eating enough calories/protein = dizziness, grouchiness, mind fog, lethargy, loss of period, loss of hair, loss of libido.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Sometimes when I get hungry, I find myself transformed into a famously angry or aggressive caricature. But, when a concerned citizen provides for me a Snickers bar, I am magically transformed back after taking a bite. :shrug:

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have found that eating explosives tends to put me in a bad mood. Other than that, my mood and food are as independent of each other as any two variables can possibly be. It never even really occurred to me to link them together until I saw this topic.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Being dehydrated, even mildly, can wreck havoc on my mood. I don't usually crave sweets but carbs if I'm feeling low on energy. I do try to eat them with something to slow the blood sugar spike - like a wheat tortilla and nut butter.

á´…eparted

passages
It is extremely difficult for me to connect feeling physically bad to mentally bad. It usually takes it to be pretty significant and sticking around for a few hours before I will notice. Throughout my life I became very good at ignoring hunger until it is quite strong and I can't seem to undo that. I also generally appear to be chronically dehydrated and while I have gotten much better about drinking water, all it takes for me to neglect that is to be mentally engaged in something and those bodily signals will fail to reach me.

It sucks honestly. I already can't stand needing to tend to bodily needs, and the fact that I naturally tune out those signals makes it all the much harder to do and also less appealing to fight against.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can easily forget to eat if I'm really wrapped up in something. The only time my mind seems to be directly affected by what I eat rather than by how my body feels is when there is a period of deprivation followed by reward, like cheat meals or that first bit of food after a fast. I do notice that certain foods, even non-junk foods, cause my body to feel more sluggish and bloated, to varying degrees, and this always has an effect on my mood.