• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to refinish cast iron?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So my friend gave me a really nice cast iron lodge skillet the only issue is there is some rust spots on it does anyone know do to fix that ie refinish. Or will seasoning it really well work? I'll take a pic in a moment and post it

20191121_090517.jpg

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
remove all corrosion and reseason is the way to go...

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
This is my guy
( until he became a douche with his ‘ I bought my brother a Telsa’ video.)
YouTube

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If you have a gas grill use it, this guy is on the money. I've used this method for pans, dutch ovens and griddles.

YouTube

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
thanks! I sent a pic to my mom and she said to bring it home. so we're gonna fix it over thanksgiving. I've been wanting that size cast iron for awhile. first thing it's gonna be used for is to make a cast iron vegan pizza

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll ask my wife. She has experience repairing and seasoning old cast iron pans. I've seen her clean up worse looking ones than in that picture.