• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Geoff's Garden - a lurking cat and some strangeness.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Hello loyal readers.

For your enjoyment today, two pictures from my garden...

Firstly, my cat, lurking rather suspiciously :

755004478_b3777b4393_b.jpg

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Secondly, my chilli plant for the year, with the fruit growing upwards A new one on me, any ideas why - or seen it before?

754998850_8301bd1474_b.jpg

-Geoff

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Your cat looks like a Beatrix Potter cat! (My daughter says it looks like Mittens. I thought Tabitha Twitchet but I'm not the expert here.)

No help on the upside down peppers, I'm afraid. That is bizarre looking.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Secondly, my chilli plant for the year, with the fruit growing upwards A new one on me, any ideas why - or seen it before?

-Geoff

Chili plants that grow under a blue moon invert their seed pods. Scientists have been unable to determine why this happens, but it does seem to be a documented fact. June had a blue moon. All the local chili plants have inverted seed pods as well.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
I was kidding, btw. I have no idea why your chilis are upside down. I did notice that the chilis used for landscaping decoration all have inverted seed pods, and I did wonder why, so I made up a little story... ;)

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I was kidding, btw. I have no idea why your chilis are upside down. I did notice that the chilis used for landscaping decoration all have inverted seed pods, and I did wonder why, so I made up a little story... ;)

Perhaps you've hit on the truth by accident. Or maybe I ought to ask my cat why she is looking so suspicious.

-Geoff

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, I was thinking "Strange, my bell peppers do not seem to be growing upside down. Maybe it's because they aren't chilis. Hmmmm . . . "

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
what i imagined that cat thinking while watching a geoff get all up in his business with a camera cracked me up.

let's just say the words, "any closer and i'll shove your precious chili straight up your... yeah, you better back the hell off" came to mind.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
what i imagined that cat thinking while watching a geoff get all up in his business with a camera cracked me up.

let's just say the words, "any closer and i'll shove your precious chili straight up your... yeah, you better back the hell off" came to mind.

Well... I was about 10 feet away, with a zoom lens, so I dont think I was quite as close as you think. In any case, you are quite right on the nervy/grumpy/lashout approach - for the last while, she has regular trips in the car in the cat carrier, and she *hates* it. She associates me with the evil car monster so treats me with the utmost of suspicion at all times*

*probably not a bad idea

-Geoff

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Well... I was about 10 feet away, with a zoom lens, so I dont think I was quite as close as you think. In any case, you are quite right on the nervy/grumpy/lashout approach - for the last while, she has regular trips in the car in the cat carrier, and she *hates* it. She associates me with the evil car monster so treats me with the utmost of suspicion at all times*

*probably not a bad idea

-Geoff

Heh. We inherited a cat once who was pretty much unvetted (my parents take a Darwinian approach to pet care) so she had never been in a cat carrier or even a car for that matter when we got her. Noah tried putting her into a carrier one time, and only one time. The lacerations he got on his arms all the way up to his shirtsleeves discouraged him from repeating the attempt. It was much easier to lure her into the car with some food and then drive quickly to wherever we were going, with her panting in the floorboards.

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
Noah tried putting her into a carrier one time, and only one time. The lacerations he got on his arms all the way up to his shirtsleeves discouraged him from repeating the attempt.

She kicked my ass so bad I'm not sure it even qualifies as an attempt. I picked her up just fine, pet her some, then moved to put her in...her face was a good foot from the door when she realized what was up. Over the next several minutes, the only time I got her in the crate at all, I grabbed the back of her neck in my left hand, her back legs in my right hand and stuffed them in...she promptly sank her front leg claws into my right arm and pulled herself out of my grip, and the carrier. She then twisted around and attacked my left arm with fangs and all four paws. She had a ninja-like sense of leverage and balance, of lightning strikes and strength power moves...it was uncanny.

It was much easier to lure her into the car with some food and then drive quickly to wherever we were going, with her panting in the floorboards.

Except that time I took her in the truck, and she crawled up into the back window on top of the seat. She forced herself behind my head, then got claustrophobic or something, freaked, and did her Scrambling Claw Frenzy of Death to get out. Nearly killed us both, the biyatch.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
She kicked my ass so bad I'm not sure it even qualifies as an attempt. I picked her up just fine, pet her some, then moved to put her in...her face was a good foot from the door when she realized what was up. Over the next several minutes, the only time I got her in the crate at all, I grabbed the back of her neck in my left hand, her back legs in my right hand and stuffed them in...she promptly sank her front leg claws into my right arm and pulled herself out of my grip, and the carrier. She then twisted around and attacked my left arm with fangs and all four paws. She had a ninja-like sense of leverage and balance, of lightning strikes and strength power moves...it was uncanny.

Except that time I took her in the truck, and she crawled up into the back window on top of the seat. She forced herself behind my head, then got claustrophobic or something, freaked, and did her Scrambling Claw Frenzy of Death to get out. Nearly killed us both, the biyatch.

*sniff* I miss her... Sylvia's just not the same. (I'm sure after Sylvia's gone we'll be saying the same thing about her in relation to the next cat.)

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
She sounds great. Like a crazy windmill of death.

I am surprised it doesn't happen more often; a cat realising it has more than enough weaponry to outgun us...

-Geoff

mystery

MBTI Type
xSFJ

754998850_8301bd1474_b.jpg

-Geoff

hey hello:hi: how strange looks cool ....hmmm myst thinks obvious reason are that they reaching for light ...reaching for something ...something lacking

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
hey hello:hi: how strange looks cool ....hmmm myst thinks obvious reason are that they reaching for light ...reaching for something ...something lacking

God? :blush:

Lol just kidding, Geoff your cat is lovely and your chilli's look good even upside down. :)

still water

MBTI Type
infp
That's a great cat shot. And I do believe the conservative term for your peppers is "excited". Well, they ARE hot, right...LOL