• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Delicious drinks

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Post any delicious beverage ideas you have in here :D :party2:
(alcoholic and non-alcoholic)

My new favorite, as of today-

Italian soda: dark chocolate.
Used Monin Dark Chocolate flavored syrup, about 5-10mm thick layer in the bottom of a tall glass, filled the rest with unflavored seltzer water. For extra pizzazz, add some milk or cream :)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
empty 2L bottle
iced tea crystals
concentrated lemon juice
grenadine
whiskey
water

put the right proportions into the bottle, cap and shake

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The classic martini:

Freeze a bottle of gin, buy some dry white vermouth. Chill a cocktail glass.

Pour gin into a cocktail glass, roughly 2/3 high. Pour vermouth to desire--some don't use any, I personally use a lot. It cuts the harshness of the gin.

Either stir, or toss into a cocktail shaker, shake, then pour back into the glass.

Gin is similar to vodka, in that it has a very high alcohol content, so this will get you drunk (unless you really are a heavyweight...), but it has a more "botanical" flavor to it, one of pine trees (juniper berries) and other spices.
The vermouth doesn't really add any flavor, it just reduces the harshness.

Add 1 or more pitted olives to taste. (The nearby Wegmans carries a "Mediterranean Olive Bar" with a wide variety of large, plump, tasty green olives stuffed with different treats--gorgonzola cheese, anchovies, almonds, garlic, citrus fruits, etc.) It's a great treat to enjoy at the end of your drink; it cleanses the palate.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Dirty little minkey

Dirty Monkey

Swirl chocolate syrop around inside of a glass.
1 shot of kahlua and vodka each, 1/2 cup of milk, half a frozen banana and ice in blender until slushy; pour into chocolate coated glass.

Tastes best when enjoyed on beach along the shore of the caribbean.

Opivy1980

MBTI Type
INTJ
Real Sangria:

Get a good bottle of champagne, and some fresh fruit.

Marinate fruit in champagne for a day, the fruit enzymes will break down in the champagne and flavor it, eat the fruit too with some sugar on them they also will have champagne in them.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Dirty Monkey

1 shot of kahlua and vodka each, 1/2 cup of milk, half a frozen banana and ice in blender until slushy; pour into chocolate coated glass.

That sounds PFG, Nat...

Here's a nice one for fireside sipping: The Cocoa Leprechaun

Hot chocolate
Bailey's to taste
Whiskey to drunk
Whipped cream on top
Garnish with cocoa

I think that's all, but I might've forgotten an ingredient or three.

If alcohol is taken out of the equation, I have a weakness for Sonic diet cherry limeades. Although, I suspect they would be even better with gin.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Diet Mountain Dew. I love it!!! It's better for you than regular, and since it's diet, it'll help me grow that vagina in the back of my knee that I always wanted...

Oh, and Mike's Hard Strawberry Lemonade!

And an Iced Cookies and Cream Cafe Mocha with whipped cream and chocolate chips.

And of course, my blood.

MBTI Type
INTJ
This drink is very refreshing and perfect for hot summer days when you want to cool off without getting too tipsy.

Mexican Beer Cooler

1 12 oz beer (preferably Mexican, even more preferably Pacifico)
1/4 cup lime juice (or juice of one lime if you're using real limes)
Ice

Fill a very tall beer glass halfway with ice. Pour in the beer, and then the lime juice. Lime juice is heavier than beer, so if you put it in first it won't get off the bottom of the glass.

Some variations are to add two or three drops of tabasco or a splash of 7-Up on top.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I have a problem--I bought that bottle of Monin chocolate syrup last Friday, and it's down to 1/4 full. Plus I've nearly exhausted my supply of seltzer water.

I need to stop that. That whole bottle of chocolate syrup accounts for 2500 calories in total :shock:

R

RDF

A big glass of 101 proof Bourbon (Wild Turkey) and a large splash of Sambuca (84 proof licorice liqueur), with lots of ice. Maybe 4-to-1 bourbon to sambuca. It tastes like nail polish remover at the first sip, but it grows on you quickly after a few more sips.

Same thing, but change the bourbon to gin and use less sambuca.

Beer drink: Pour a shot of gin into a cold 12 oz. full-bodied beer. It makes the beer taste crisp and refreshing. But don't drink more than a couple of them. I've heard the drink referred to as a "Crawl-and-go-naked."

For very slow sipping: Grand Marnier (80 proof orange liqueur). No ice. It's sweet as candy and has a nice burn to it.

FL

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ooo, I just received my 9 bottles of Monin syrup today :D

Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Gingerbread, Chai (concentrate), Strawberry, Blackcurrant, Coconut, Irish Cream (sugar-free), Raspberry (sugar-free)

The sugar-free ones (at least Irish Cream) definitely taste like sugar-free crap, and it takes around 2x the syrup to express a good amount of flavor. I was kinda expecting that though. The syrup contains Eritex and Splenda--and I can tell. Many ask me "How can you tell the difference between splenda and sugar?" but I can tell... there's a distinct anomaly with the taste of splenda, or any artificial sweetener, that I can pick up even in tiny amounts. It's kind've a metallic, or maybe "tap water" flavor I notice with splenda/aspartame/etc. sweeteners that I don't notice with sugar (high fructose corn syrup or sucrose; I honestly have trouble telling the difference in flavor between those two)

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I find the SF Davinci's too sweet - also made with splenda. I have 6 or 7 bottles sitting in my pantry that have been there for 7 years. Bleh.

I take it the nonSF ones are better, spirilis?

Zhash

Dirty Monkey

Sounds fabulous. Will you make one for me, take a photo of it and post it here? Yummy.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Berrylicious Smoothie

fresh or frozen berries
vanilla soy milk (I like Silk Very Vanilla soy milk)
Stonyfield Farm Lotsa Lemon yogurt (or any flavor your prefer)

Combine all ingredients in a blender.

I prefer this type of smoothie to the traditional ones because they put to much ice in them and they become a watery mess towards the end.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
XXX

My friends and I made this one up last year with some stuff we had in the fridge. We call it a cumshot (I know we're bad;) )

Coconut milk (sweetened or unsweetened)
Mango syrup
Sprite
Rum or vodka

When the Sprite and coconut milk combine it tends to froth over hence the name. Tastes pretty good and I'll leave the dirty jokes to the more witty of the group.