• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Delicious drinks

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't know.

====================

Does anyone have a delicious sangria recipe?

NCentral, after a few people made a huge stink about the S vs N bashing, started doing similar things to their profiles--labelling themselves ESFJ, ISTP, ESTJ, etc. changing the type every few days. At first it was amusing, then it was retarded. :)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Does anyone have a delicious sangria recipe?

Here's the one I used when I made it last. It was the first 5 star sangria recipe I found on allrecipes.com. :) I thought it was pretty darn good, but I've only ever had sangria one other time and that was basically just cheap red wine and fruit and 7-up.

* 2 navel oranges, thinly sliced
* 2 lemons, thinly sliced
* 2 limes, thinly sliced
* 1 pear, cored and chopped
* 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
* 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
* 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup Cointreau or other orange liqueur
* 1 cup white rum
* 1/3 cup coconut-flavored rum
* 2 cups orange juice
* 2 (750 milliliter) bottles dry red wine, chilled
* 1/2 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons lime juice
* 1 cup lemon-lime soda, chilled

DIRECTIONS

1. Place the oranges, lemons, limes, pear, kiwi, strawberries, pineapple chunks and juice, and white sugar into a large bowl. Pour the Cointreau, white rum, coconut-flavored rum, and orange juice over the fruit. Stir gently to dissolve the sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Add the red wine, pink lemonade concentrate, lemon juice, and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
3. Before serving, add the chilled lemon-lime soda. Serve over ice, spooning the fruit into the glass with the liquid. Garnish with an orange slice or maraschino cherries.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
That looks quite good, Ivy. I think I would leave out the soda, though; I don't like my sangria fizzy. Damn, a lot of booze goes into that recipe. :yum:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That looks quite good, Ivy. I think I would leave out the soda, though; I don't like my sangria fizzy. Damn, a lot of booze goes into that recipe. :yum:

I KNOW! That's why I picked it! :party2:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
So what is everyone's favorite drink? A little of topic, I know but i hate to see a good thread die.

Mine is either a good Gin Martini or Greygoose and cranberry. i'm also a big white wine fan, love pinot grigio ...

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Jack and coke. Or just Jack if there isn't any Coke.

I drink a lot of Screwdrivers too.

Beer - Shiner Bock

I used to like white russians until they beat a hasty retreat one evening by way of my mouth and setup home on my bed comforter/floor.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
rum and gingerale with lime juice
Hendrick's gin and tonic w a cucumber sliver
white russians ;) (not having had meta's experience with them! :laugh:)
fernet and coke
chartruese
chambord w/ limoncello and vodka
a good bloody mary
dry red wine :drool: esp a good malbec or shiraz! :wubbie:

note Meta- sold some shiner bock special order to a texan customer the other day! :laugh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:cry: I can't drink beer! :sad: it contains gluten- I used to love beer though.

lager or ale? and light or dark? :huh:

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
:cry: I can't drink beer! :sad: it contains gluten- I used to love beer though.

lager or ale? and light or dark? :huh:

dark lager...i suppose

very smooth, though, not bitter at all

nothing like, say...guiness or something

Cowboy cool, for the win.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:huh: more like Negra Modelo?

:)boohoo: I loved Negra Modelo so much that had it been human I would have made passionate love to it :wubbie:)

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
:huh: more like Negra Modelo?

:)boohoo: I loved Negra Modelo so much that had it been human I would have made passionate love to it :wubbie:)

I've never actually had Negra modelo. I assume you mean the dark one? But I used to sell a shit load of it where i used to work. It's on my -to try- list.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Budweiser, straight from the bottle, cheap, tastes good to me, and gets the job done.
Whiskey and coke is a close second, has anyone had/heard of "Jim Beam Straight Rye Whiskey"? (Only for those who want to get completely plastered)

MBTI Type
INTJ
Jameson whiskey
Patron Silver tequila
Grand Marnier
Limoncello
Bourbon and Coke
Irish coffee
Champagne with a bit of Chambord
Red Hook ESB
Guinness
Negra Modelo