• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Delicious drinks

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
A delicious drink I made up at new year's (didn't bother to make a name -- though it's very likely that someone's already thought it up...there are only so many combinations!)

1/2 oz melon liqueur
1/2 oz banana liqueur
1/2 oz blue curacao
0-1 oz vodka, as desired
fill with lemonade

It is pretty sweet though. But delicious, and has an awesome neon green colour.

Another one I like is

1 oz irish cream
1 oz creme de cacao
1/2 oz butterscotch schnapps
0-1 oz vodka/rum, as desired
fill with milk

Both in tall glass-sized objects. Quantities estimated as I prefer the eyeballing method. :D

Ahh yes, the eyeballing method. When I cook I often eyeball many measurements. Naturally, this make my family very nervous. :devil:

I know of a very tasty and potent drink that is made with peach schnapps. Unfortunately the name of the drink is escaping me at the moment.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:sick: peach schnapps gives you the WORST hangover! (and I hate peach flavored things that aren't actual peaches! :laugh:)

added to my list: Licor 43 :drool:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
:sick: peach schnapps gives you the WORST hangover! (and I hate peach flavored things that aren't actual peaches! :laugh:)

added to my list: Licor 43 :drool:

Well I guess I know who I won't be sharing the recipe with if I remeber it? And, no I didn't forget about the limoncello recipe. It has been a busy week ... :tongue10:

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Irish Bulldog:
1 1/2oz Frangelico (Hazelnut liquor)
1/2oz Kahlua
1/2oz Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka
4oz Half & Half
splash of Pepsi (specifically)

Whiskey and Coke:
Xoz of Whiskey (well or better)
Remainder of glass w/ Coca-Cola (specifically)

Tea:
Bring teapot/pot/etc. full of water to boil
Turn off stove (do not burn your tea)
Add teabags to water as directions suggest
Fill a pitcher with 1 1/4 cups Sugar
Wet a paper towel, wring
Lay paper towel over the pitcher's opening
Pour Hot tea (after letting it sit) through wet paper towel into sugar
Stir. (with wooden spoon if possible)
Add cold water and ice until pitcher is full.
Stir.
After pouring a glass notice that the tea is perfectly clear (of debris from teabags) when held up to light.
Drink. :drool:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I just made chocolate-banana smoothies for me and my son with bananas, almond milk, a Fudgesicle, and Ovaltine. I couldn't help but think how much better it would be with some hooch in it. I'm thinking Baileys or Kahlua or both.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Ovaltine > Quik

I've heard many a person say "yuck" when Ovaltine is mentioned. I don't understand it. The stuff is delish.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
ovaltine is the shiz. chocolate malt ftw!

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

I just had this the other day for the first time. I don't know what to say really other than it was one of the best-tasting things I have ever had.

The heat-tickle of ginger, the fermentation bubble-texture of Champagne, the astringency of tea, the gentle bite of a dark berry skin, sweet yet with very little sugar, a scent to make my mouth water - it was as engaging to my senses as the best Trappist ales, Champagnes, and single-malt scotch whiskys.

:blush:

wanting it now,
Ian

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
- Lime juice.
- Amaretto coffee sweetener.
- Vanilla coffee sweetener.
- Water.

You can substitute lemon for lime juice.

I like to mess with Starbucks baristas with this one...

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Here are two great raspberry-flavored drinks.

Not the most representative lambic in the world, but so damn tasty:

Lindemans - Framboise

A little-known (at least in this day and age) but very delicious cocktail, the blinker:

2 ounces rye whiskey (Crown Royal works, but try to find a real majority rye Canadian)
1 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
1 teaspoon raspberry syrup (I prefer the Smucker's stuff you'd put on ice cream)

Shake well with ice in a shaker, strain, and serve cold. Add a garnish if you so desire. The sweet-and-tart flavors mix so well, and the rye gives it a slight peppery, woody bite. A great twist on the tired old whiskey sour (which I think is a fine drink, but sour mix is usually junk, and well whiskey doesn't help).

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I just had this the other day for the first time. I don't know what to say really other than it was one of the best-tasting things I have ever had.

The heat-tickle of ginger, the fermentation bubble-texture of Champagne, the astringency of tea, the gentle bite of a dark berry skin, sweet yet with very little sugar, a scent to make my mouth water - it was as engaging to my senses as the best Trappist ales, Champagnes, and single-malt scotch whiskys.

:blush:

wanting it now,
Ian

I had kombucha for the first time a few months ago. I picked it up from the local health/organic/raw foods store here, and it really was like nothing I have drunk before.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Found a drink at a coffee house up in Gettysburg PA- The Nutty Jasper

~1.5 cups coffee, ~1.5 cups chocolate milk
Four tablespoons peanut butter
About 2 cups ice

Blend until smooth

Optional: 1/2 cup peanuts, chocolate chips or peanut butter chips.
A friend made this for us last night and she put nutmeg on top; it was good.

Just made 2 batches of these this morning, had 2 cups of it... it filled me up. I recommend brewing the coffee very strong since it's diluted by the other stuff; wonder how it would do with shots of espresso instead...

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Found a drink at a coffee house up in Gettysburg PA- The Nutty Jasper

~1.5 cups coffee, ~1.5 cups chocolate milk
Four tablespoons peanut butter
About 2 cups ice

Blend until smooth

Optional: 1/2 cup peanuts, chocolate chips or peanut butter chips.
A friend made this for us last night and she put nutmeg on top; it was good.

Just made 2 batches of these this morning, had 2 cups of it... it filled me up. I recommend brewing the coffee very strong since it's diluted by the other stuff; wonder how it would do with shots of espresso instead...
That's a meal replacement right there. Sounds tasty though.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Try my strawberry-limonade. It's soo DELICIOUS!

Ingredients:
-1 small lime
-1 8 oz. glass
-Sugar
-3 rinsed strawberries..
-1 spoon
-H20
-Ice

1.) Roll lime to release juices. Cut/squeeze into glass. Set the squeezed lime aside. Add sugar about 2/3s of the amount of lime juice in glass, eyeball it. Place squeezed lime back into glass again, using the spoon, mush the lime with its flesh faced downwards into the sugar, mush 5 times to release the oils from the skin (this gives it a flagrant smell!).

2.) Add strawberries/mush with spoon into the sugar/lime mix. Add water about 3 times the height of the sugar/lime in the glass. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add ice. Enjoy..