I am but a dream--
    Your dream,
    A creature of your imagination...

We're all Faery Tales; after a fashion,
    Our stories unfolding around us...
    and through us...

In a moment you will have realized this,
    then you will banish me from your visions
    and I shall dissolve into the nothingness out of which you made me...

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Mysterious Stranger's Avatar
    MBTI
    EXXX
    Enneagram
    479 sx/so
    Socionics
    Mad

Kyle has begun to show some signs of new growth. It's tentacles are coming in nicely. Soon it shall need a new host pot. I must take to the benighted fog and search for a new vessel...

I am but a dream--
    Your dream,

and through us...

Tempbanned

I ordered a frozen in time African violet, but it was mostly dead on arrival. Got a refund. my mother decided to order it for me from somewhere else. I appreciated it.

My other semiminature violet is a glacier bay. We have named her Latoya. Yes I name my plants. Yes I am weird. She is blooming and I'm excited. it has been slowly opening for 3ish days now. Almost all the way open now!
    My flapjack is experiencing some stretching so I have moved it closer to the window. Stretching in succulents means they are not receiving enough sun.
    I was worried I'd kill my wandering jew, but so far it is actually very happy. When I had to get new stakes for my orchid I have lots of extras, so I put one on the jew since it is a vinier plant.
    My bear claws are having much better luck this time.
    My star plants are doing well. My red one is almost completely red now. Excited. my pink one was pretty rough shape when I got it. I've nursed it to health, kind of rewarding. It is now got enough fresh growth it is looking like a plant again and the edges are finally getting pink as they're supposed to.
    I finally got the new zebra haworthia. The seller only had the mother plant left so I accepted. I read up on how to chop the babies off otherwise it could hurt the plant to have too many. 3 weren't quite good for rooting but one was perfect. Put it in a little cup and seeing if I can propagate a baby from it.
    I'm also seeing if I can propagate another African violet from a leaf. I don't play with propagation too much so new experiments.

I've now spammed you with plant updates. Holla.
    Likes The Mysterious Stranger liked this post

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn Silverfrond View Post
    My Seedum moss...

I call it Kyle.
    aw for fucks sake it IS the same sedum I had. :P

In gratitude it looks so much happier than mine ever did. Just don't throw water directly on the thing - it'll act like you murdered it.
    (small tip though, sedums and generally a lot of succulents have roots right on surface level or close to it, they prefer pots that are shorter but wider, and well draining. sedums especially. they're kind of like short rooted grass in a lot of ways. they spread, not get deeper. when you feel ready to experiment. Transplanting a plant is a little less traumatic if you mix the old dirt with new dirt rather than entirely repotting it with new.)

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Don't ever use the ice cube method. It's not enough, and these are tropical plants... so don't use icy water.
    who tf…

yes I agree totally with your orchid stuff. I remember my poor first orchid, I thought putting it in potting soil was okay until a month later. Amazing it lived tbh. XD

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Mysterious Stranger's Avatar
    MBTI
    EXXX
    Enneagram
    479 sx/so
    Socionics
    Mad

Last night, my dreams were fitful. I stood alone in my neighborhood. It was daylight, but it had that quiet peace that comes with night. The wind was blowing through the leaves, and that's when I noticed. Everything was overgrown. The grass in all the yards was tall enough to lay over, vines were creeping up the walls kudzu and wild grape were over the power lines. Moss was everywhere. It was a world, consumed by growth. It was beautiful. The smells were electric. The colors dazzling. And I heard a voice; felt it pressing into my head on the buzzing drone of cicadas. Iä! Iä! Kyle fhtagn!

I awoke. My eyes snapped open and I flew up in bed. the blankets tangled around me like creeping vines. At the foot of my bed. Kyle favored me with an enigmatic expression.
    "Hey buddy, can't sleep either?"
    Kyle is not very chatty, but quite expressive, I dont know if this is common in Seedum mosses, but it's how we met. Kyle was gorgeous. electric green, seta tentacles rising towards the sky covered in tight little succulent leaves, and mmm, so many stamens... I was coy at first, but Kyle's presence permeated my thoughts. The next thing I knew we were laughing together on our way home.

Kyle has been a fantastic roomate. Its very motivated; and some of that energy has been contagious. I'm putting it to good use. The dream was clear. Kyle wishes to eventually be an outside plant. One day in the distant future, I shall plant Kyle outside; once we determine the optimal spot, and then Kyle shall spread accross the dryer sandier parts of the yard, and in time produce flowers that will attract butterflies. Kyle liked butterflies, it says they are essential to its plans. I don't know anything about that, but I think I've found Kyle a new vessel until it is ready to spread its essence across the yard...

Kyle is in the window now, ever so slightly brushing it's adorbz little tentacles against the glass, patient, yet eager. I like that. Kyle is wise.
    I am but a dream--
    Your dream,

and through us...

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn Silverfrond View Post
    Last night, my dreams were fitful. I stood alone in my neighborhood. It was daylight, but it had that quiet peace that comes with night. The wind was blowing through the leaves, and that's when I noticed. Everything was overgrown. The grass in all the yards was tall enough to lay over, vines were creeping up the walls kudzu and wild grape were over the power lines. Moss was everywhere. It was a world, consumed by growth. It was beautiful. The smells were electric. The colors dazzling. And I heard a voice; felt it pressing into my head on the buzzing drone of cicadas. Iä! Iä! Kyle fhtagn!

I awoke. My eyes snapped open and I flew up in bed. the blankets tangled around me like creeping vines. At the foot of my bed. Kyle favored me with an enigmatic expression.
    "Hey buddy, can't sleep either?"
    Kyle is not very chatty, but quite expressive, I dont know if this is common in Seedum mosses, but it's how we met. Kyle was gorgeous. electric green, seta tentacles rising towards the sky covered in tight little succulent leaves, and mmm, so many stamens... I was coy at first, but Kyle's presence permeated my thoughts. The next thing I knew we were laughing together on our way home.

Kyle has been a fantastic roomate. Its very motivated; and some of that energy has been contagious. I'm putting it to good use. The dream was clear. Kyle wishes to eventually be an outside plant. One day in the distant future, I shall plant Kyle outside; once we determine the optimal spot, and then Kyle shall spread accross the dryer sandier parts of the yard, and in time produce flowers that will attract butterflies. Kyle liked butterflies, it says they are essential to its plans. I don't know anything about that, but I think I've found Kyle a new vessel until it is ready to spread its essence across the yard...

Kyle is in the window now, ever so slightly brushing it's adorbz little tentacles against the glass, patient, yet eager. I like that. Kyle is wise.
    Please. Write. A book.
    Puh-laese.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself