• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Beat chicken salad recipes....

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
And ....go!

I plan to make everyone's best chicken salad recipes over the next month or so depending on how many contribute and then I'll decide which is the best.

Or if others want to be judges and we meet in the middle

I was thinking maybe do a 20 dollar Amazon gift card for first prize, 15 for second, and 10 for 3rd. Bad idea ? Who would be interested?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Anyone want to come up with an objective judgement sheet with me? I was thinking doing a Google sheet and doing category and a rating of 0-5 for each one then average then average every judges sheet together per person. This isn't gonna take off

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My chicken salad is lame but I made it for a church luncheon once and people were impressed.

You need...……..
-Canned or diced chicken, whichever you prefer.
-Mayonnaise
-Broccoli
-Actual bread loaf slices
-Pepper
-Thousand island sauce is optional but nice additive.

I usually use a can of chicken, draining all the liquid from it, it's a 12.5 oz can. Put this can in a bowl or amount of cooked diced chicken in. Take about 2 1/2 teaspoons filled with mayonnaise, or depending on how shredded you like the chicken. The less mayo, the more chunky it tends to be, plus how much you like the taste of mayo as well... I recommend doing 1 teaspoon of the thousand island before adding anymore. Too much will overtake the entire flavor so be easy with it. But if you hate the taste of mayonnaise, it can counter it entirely if you desire so. I usually use frozen vegetables so I may put in like a 4th of a bag of frozen broccoli, steamed nicely, and completely diced up stem and all. I usually use 2 slices of bread, uncooked, and I mixed it together in after I do the first mixing of broccoli, mayo, island sauce, and chicken. Then add pepper as desired and it makes a nice mush. You can put it on a sandwich too. I am aware this is the weirdest directions ever but I never really thought of measuring out what I do... whoops. XD

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
-Chicken breast ( Not canned)
-Mayo
-Apples
-Walnuts
-Crainsins
-Maple syrup
-Cinnamin

I never measured but basically in descending ratio

Novella

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
Single Serve

100 grams Chicken and 100 grams green beans.
Chopped tomato, quarter avocado, cucumber, capsicum, onion, garlic.
40 grams low fat greek yogurt mixed with Lemon Juice, Turmeric, Cayenne pepper and 5 chopped walnuts. Tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar.
Parsley to sprinkle.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm impressed people are interested I'll start testing the recipes in order next week.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Rotisserie Chicken
Celery
Radish
Green Onion
McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning
Pepper
Mayo (Hellman's)

I usually start with 2-3 green onions, 2 celery sticks and 3 regular size radishes. Quarter the radish, same with celery and maybe inch piece green onion. Process until somewhat fine, not too much though. Empty mixture into a paper towel in a fine colander or bowl and squeeze out as much water as possible. Set aside.

Remove the meat from the chicken in decent sized pieces and into a bowl. Maybe 2 cups of meat - that allots for the inevitable grazing that happens while removing the meat. Add the processed drained veggies, mayo (about 1/4 cup to start), seasoning and pepper. Mix well. Taste. Fridge. Adjust seasoning to taste if needed. I like this on thin white sandwich bread like Pepperidge Farm.

rav3n

Pass on any prizes, not that I'd necessarily win.

Mix curry powder and brown sugar, then use it as a rub for grilled chicken breast. Dice grilled chicken breast.
Plump up some golden raisins with some rum. Reliant on how dried and shriveled, this may take an hour or a few days in the fridge.
Dice up some crisp apples and add some lemon juice so they don't brown. If you're into something a bit more exotic, substitute with young, diced jicama. I love jicama whether raw or stir fried.
Finely dice up some red onions or slice some spring onions on the diagonal, whichever you prefer.
Mix some real mayo (miracle whip sucks balls) with some lemon juice and lemon zest. Add some curry powder if you want more curry flavor but if you're like me, thenthitive to texture, grind the hell out of the curry powder to a fine powder so it's not gritty.
Dice up some ripe mangoes.
Mix everything together and garnish with coarsely chopped cilantro.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
If anyone wants to be a judge PM me. You get to eat chicken salad and they all seem to be different so....