• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fried Chicken Fight (Popeye's vs. KFC)

Popeye's or KFC?

• Popeyes

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • KFC

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What if you're on the interstate and the rest stop doesn't have a Subway? My recent travels along Interstate-80 established that Popeye's isn't bad for what it is. It's certainly not healthy, but it's tasty enough. So much better than KFC. Kentucky should stick to Bourbon.

On the East Coast, there also used to be Roy Rogers. They still have a few along Interstate-80 (but they were way more common in the 90s). I think I last had some when I moved to Chicago, and I wasn't impressed; though I liked it as a kid.
I generally bring food with me on road trips. If I want to buy food along the way, I don't get it at highway rest stops. I get off at a town and find something there. I have been known to stop at a grocery store and get some yogurt, fruit, bread/crackers/etc. I won't eat at fast food places, and prefer not to eat in restaurants at all while on the road.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
gonna say KFC

Because I have never been to popeyes. there isn't one in my town.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've only had KFC (the super crispy is good), but there's Popeyes here and I have friends who speak highly of it and like it better.

Just saying.

Jaguar

Never had Popeye's. For some reason it conjures up images of cockroaches on the kitchen floor. I haven't had KFC in years.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How can anyone vote Popeye's? That's ridiculous. Original recipe. No comparison.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
How can anyone vote Popeye's? That's ridiculous. Original recipe. No comparison.

FragrantWildIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif

Seriously, there are few things in this world that rival the deliciousness of Popeyes that was just taken out of the fryer...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FragrantWildIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif
Seriously, there are few things in this world that rival the deliciousness of Popeyes that was just taken out of the fryer...
Seriously you have compared the two?

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seriously you have compared the two?

In comparison to Popeyes, KFC tastes more salty and is packaged in such a way that the chicken gets soggy and the skin on it looks like failed plastic surgery after 30 minutes.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Neither, the best fried chicken is at the Kroger deli. Super 1 has good chicken too.

Popeyes had a better recipe on the breading, but lacks in meat quantity. KFC has better quantity, but is too greasy. Popeyes has the best fucking biscuits though.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Popeyes. Spicy :flame: Only had it once at a rest stop, but it's the best.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Neither, the best fried chicken is at the Kroger deli. Super 1 has good chicken too.

Popeyes had a better recipe on the breading, but lacks in meat quantity. KFC has better quantity, but is too greasy. Popeyes has the best fucking biscuits though.

Albertsons actually has the legit best fried chicken I've had. I know not everyone has an Albertsons near them though.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Albertsons actually has the legit best fried chicken I've had. I know not everyone has an Albertsons near them though.

Yeah, pretty much any supermarket has really good fried chicken. Its way cheaper too. I have been to Albertsons before! def don't see them outside of the west coast though.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, pretty much any supermarket has really good fried chicken. Its way cheaper too. I have been to Albertsons before! def don't see them outside of the west coast though.

except Walmart

at least my Walmart I worked at

the dude always like burned it so it was dry af.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh god wallmart, I don't even consider them a supermarket xD Same with meijer/fred meyer

Kroger actually bought fred Meyer's. they've been changing the one up here a great deal.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kroger actually bought fred Meyer's. they've been changing the one up here a great deal.

Oh they did? :0 I only go to meijer when I dont want to go to wallmart lol. I think Kroger does a decent job, so maybe that was for the best.

Tater

My girlfriend once ate the spicy chicken tenders from Popeye's and within 15 minutes she got the runs and unleashed an explosive load.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
My girlfriend once ate the spicy chicken tenders from Popeye's and within 15 minutes she got the runs and unleashed an explosive load.

As you do when you ingest those minced chicken logs of death and diarrhea.