• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Random Pictures ~Cakes Takes

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Thanks. My whole life is a picture story. When I take a photo and the look at it later; I can remember what the weather was like, how I was feeling that day, where I was standing and at what angle I took a particular picture at.

*Has a photographic memory*

Right! Me too.. perhaps it goes hand in hand with the photography.

Remind me later (when not at work!) to find some pictures on a similar theme, I have some that might be interesting too :)

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Right! Me too.. perhaps it goes hand in hand with the photography.

Remind me later (when not at work!) to find some pictures on a similar theme, I have some that might be interesting too :)

Thanks for the reminder, Miss Cakes. Ok here we go (a couple of these were posted somewhere before, but not here I think..?)

Anyway... on the theme of mist covering a mountain, I offer you morning fog burning off an iron age hill fort. So, you have to imagine you are defending a prehistoric fort near stonehenge.

First of all... mist rolling from around the base :

301316997_cfb1406056_b.jpg

Secondly, the view from the fort.. with the mist just shrouding the villages below.

301318500_ba2d5a42fc_b.jpg

Thirdly, the cows on guard duty

301319428_149bcf018a_b.jpg

Finally, the sky with the clouds burned away

301317829_0e03640fdc_b.jpg

These resulted from a hike up the hill fort that started in heavy fog, and ended up with a descent in clear sunshine.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
VERY nice Geoff. I envy your adventures. :dry: I especially like the cow pic ^^ Where are you going next?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Gorgeous pics, Geoff!!!

And Miss. Cakes, you are looking especially lovely in your avatar, today.

:wub:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Lol. Thank you chica :smooch: I was about to change it as a matter of fact. I took a nice pic of me smiling for once. Those are rare.
Hmm, I don't know, I really, really like this one.

I love the lighting, the angle of your face and your beautiful ringlet curls!!!

:)

Either way, you are beautiful. ;)

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thanks. My whole life is a picture story. When I take a photo and then look at it later; I can remember what the weather was like, how I was feeling that day, where I was standing and at what angle I took a particular picture at.

*Has a photographic memory*

Photography is a great form of personal expression that can truly show someone's creative side. Upside/Downside, everyone and their brother can get a digital camera and go to town.

I personally like to tell a story or make personal meaning in some of my "attempts" at artistic shots. Course I don't share them very often for who knows why. I just take them.

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Photography is a great form of personal expression that can truly show someone's creative side. Upside/Downside, everyone and their brother can get a digital camera and go to town.

I personally like to tell a story or make personal meaning in some of my "attempts" at artistic shots. Course I don't share them very often for who knows why. I just take them.

LOL @ brother/mother expression. I find it hilarious every time I hear/see someone use it.

That's very true, but not everyone takes good shots.
I doN'T claim to be a professional photographer.
I have only done a few amateur gigs. *Am awaiting word on one atm*
It is mostly recreational though.
I also prefer to shoot pictures of people, but most photos that I have regarding that are personal and I will not post them here.
Everyone is going to have their own sense of style.

I like telling stories with my pictures as well. It's like a photo documentary of my life. Example. I also know what you mean by telling a story with a single picture. But what means one thing to me will/might mean something different to another. So, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Btw. I like your "attempts." So innocent looking this one.

Here's a sunset for CC.

sunsetvienna.jpg

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really nice photos in this thread. I kept searching for a Teletubby in Geoff's photos.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
VERY nice Geoff. I envy your adventures. :dry: I especially like the cow pic ^^ Where are you going next?

Canada, next week! I wouldnt mind if there was some photogenic snow.

Gorgeous pics, Geoff!!!

Thank you!

Really nice photos in this thread. I kept searching for a Teletubby in Geoff's photos.

He wouldnt stay still, and when I got a shot it didn't come out due to the glare from the scary baby in the sky.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Btw. I like your "attempts." So innocent looking this one.

I took like 15 pictures and waited 20 minutes to get shots of that guy. I find them to be exceptionally cool. Here is another one of his "brothers":

IMG_1946.jpg

Anyways, as I stated earlier, I take several shots as the leaves change around my house. I will share some of the beautiful colors of the Sandhills of North Carolina with you all:

Notice from my older picture of the change in color:
IMG_2252.jpg

Here is one from my front yard:

IMG_2251.jpg

Less spectacular but another angle of the woods bordering my place:

IMG_2255.jpg

And here is another shot I have stored up from ABQ. Can you guess where Cakes? Hint: It's a trail!

IMG_0248.jpg

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
128705403134127837.jpg

Awesome pics btw. :)

(Pic built by but not submitted to ICHC; ain't my pic to be submitting)

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Sorry to quote such a huge picture, but, where was this taken? This is an excellent example of glacier movement. The U-shaped valley, the hanging walls. Beautiful!

Haha, I guess it would be a good example of glacier movement, it was taken in Glacier National Park :D

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I took like 15 pictures and waited 20 minutes to get shots of that guy. I find them to be exceptionally cool. Here is another one of his "brothers":

IMG_1946.jpg

^_^ Awwww.

Anyways, as I stated earlier, I take several shots as the leaves change around my house. I will share some of the beautiful colors of the Sandhills of North Carolina with you all:

Notice from my older picture of the change in color:
IMG_2252.jpg

Here is one from my front yard:

IMG_2251.jpg

Less spectacular but another angle of the woods bordering my place:

IMG_2255.jpg

And here is another shot I have stored up from ABQ. Can you guess where Cakes? Hint: It's a trail!

IMG_0248.jpg

^_^ Pretty. That's one thing I miss about the east coast; lots of trees and green. I don't miss the cold though, nope, not one bit. It looks beautiful there.

Ummm...could it be La Luz trail? That tree is wicked. :D

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
301317829_0e03640fdc_b.jpg

Finally, the sky with the clouds burned away

Oh wow, these are all so cool. The squashed bug resulted in some interesting facial contortions on my part.

My favorite picture would probably be the above and the one with the gray canyon/mountains and trees.
It just seems so vast and clear-- very refreshing.