• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What exercises do you do?

sdalek

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I've found Pilates, particularly the 100's to be a good start to the day,

Along with push-ups, side-to-side rib-cage/torso slides, and modified hip-lifts (or snaps - good for strengthening and building support for the knees, too) (the last two learned from my SO from her belly-dance days) to give the core a good warm up for the day. I've taken up walking, about 30 minutes a day or as much as possible. All this has been to get my blood cholesterol under control, too.

What do you like to do?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Most days I cycle about 12km on an exercise bike, or if the british weather lets up long enough I run for about 20 mins. Of late, it has mostly been the bike.

-Geoff

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
This isn't the bootcamp where the guy died because the instructors didn't want to give him water, is it? :huh:

um what??? I don't think so. We stop for water all the time, and while we have what we're pushing for if we don't make it that's alright. We're working on getting better at it,, not at killling ourselves

R

RDF

What do you like to do?

I work in a 12-story high-rise building, so every weekday in the early afternoon I walk up and down the stairs a few times as a workout and a break from work. I try to get in at least 30 floors, sometimes 50. (It's in an enclosed stairwell, so I have the stairs pretty much to myself.)

A couple times a week, after work and on weekends, my wife and I go to the gym. We do upper-body weights and then put in some time on the treadmill. I run 2.5 - 3 miles depending on whether I want to run fast or slow.

A couple times a week in the evening, my wife and I also go out to a couple ballrooms in the area and do some ballroom and Latin dancing. I suppose that's recreation more than exercise, but I always work up a helluva sweat so I also consider it part of my exercise regimen (albeit with alcoholic beverages for refreshment).

All this has been to get my blood cholesterol under control, too.

I'm borderline on cholesterol and blood pressure (especially since they tightened up the numbers considerably in recent years), but so far a vigorous exercise routine keeps me under the limits so I haven't had to go on medication for them.

FL

darlets

Wheel chair basketball once a week for about 90 minutes
Swim 2-3 times a week.
In summer I replace a swim with a bike ride.
On and off I do chin ups and push ups as well as some balance exercises.
I like to go for one hour long walk once a week, but that doesn't always happen.
Typically in summer I'll go for a walk around dusk, there's lots of birds around and you can quite often hear Kookaburras laughinng. (You didn't think I leave out a segway to posting a picture of wildlife did you?)

kookaburra0850.jpg

JungleWalk - Links to thousands of animal multimedia sites

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
I do zero exercise.:blush:

I just can't be bothered, I bought a yoga mat and a dvd and it's sitting there, tried it once, found it too hard, gave up, story of my life.

I was even reading a medical report of me from 9yrs ago, and the doctor said "Avoids all types of physical activity and exercise", I was so ashamed.

Oh well, it's on my to do list, my epitaph. :D

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't describe my exercise routine without violating censorship laws...

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Predominately leg stretches
Bench press
Leg/calf press
Sit-ups at an angle + medicine ball
Walk/jog/run
Bicep isolator

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
This may sound weird, but walking in circles is my thing.

I just really enjoy walking in circles around my coffee table and I love it.
I get a good exercise from it and do it an hour at a time. I basically walk while I reflect on the past, present, future and the meaning behind everything and all the possible social contigencies,lol. It works out my mind along with my body and I actually get a really good workout from it because once my mind gets going I walk at a good fast pace. I am a natural pacer- I love pacing and am glad to have made a workout out of it.

It also helps that I don't get motion sickness one bit and don't get dizzy. It's also good that I do it alone as watching someone pacing really drives some people crazy.

sdalek

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I just really enjoy walking in circles around my coffee table and I love it.
I get a good exercise from it and do it an hour at a time. I basically walk while I reflect on the past, present, future and the meaning behind everything and all the possible social contigencies,lol. It works out my mind along with my body and I actually get a really good workout from it because once my mind gets going I walk at a good fast pace. I am a natural pacer- I love pacing and am glad to have made a workout out of it.

It also helps that I don't get motion sickness one bit and don't get dizzy. It's also good that I do it alone as watching someone pacing really drives some people crazy.

Cool! Kinda like a home-made treadmill. And, the way you do it, give your brain a workout in addition to your body. Neat! :smile:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
get up off my bed
walk to the fridge
walk back to my bed
eat
:D

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I play a shitload of different sports, soccer basketaball cycling going to the gym dancing