• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What exercises do you do?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really do "exercises" (sooo boring), but I do
-bike 12 or 24 km every weekday, depending how lazy I feel (to/from work)
-soccer once a week (where I usually push myself until I can't push anymore)
-hour or two of volleyball once a week, and often for half a day on the weekend (not really physical, but so fun!)
-pilates for 1/2 hour once or twice a week at work
-long nocturnal walks occasionally, when I need to get out
-and I walk or bike pretty much anywhere I go in the city

And I am probably going to start martial arts in the fall if I can justify the price to myself. And maybe yoga or pilates too, to replace the pilates at my work. Maybe rockclimbing too. Or tennis or squash. I'm back in school in the fall, so I won't be biking much and I want to be more active, I'm always so much happier when I'm doing stuff.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Well ever since I injured my foot running, I've been indoor cycling 5 days a week. I bought the cycling shoes for my classes and they seem to be giving me a better work out than my aerobic shoes. My hips are getting smaller and my butt is becoming a nicer shape so I can't complain. My heart rate monitor watch also says I am burning around 600-800 calories per class so there's another positive reason to cycle. :)

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
I just do 30 push ups and sit ups every day, do a run 1-2 times a week depending on what the weather is like when I have time. It's not to keep in really good shape, just to keep flab low.

O

Oberon

I made a deal with my 14-year-old nephew that I would buy him a car on the day that he can do more push-ups in a minute than I can.

After a flurry of initial attempts, he's now waiting for the day when I sprain my wrist...

G

GirlAmerica

Walk the dog through my 'Leave it to Beaver' type neighborhood....or the elliptical, which I actually purchased and have in my bedroom. It indeed is a wonderful piece of equipment!

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I've been doing hip hop abs... the guy's kinda goofy but it makes me sweat.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
This isn't the bootcamp where the guy died because the instructors didn't want to give him water, is it? :huh:

No, it wasn't. That was at an outdoor survival school in Utah - one that I've been to. As someone who's been there and gone through one of the wilderness survival courses, I saw that incident as a tragic lapse in judgment. The courses are designed to push you beyond what you think you can do (and everyone there is very, *very* up front about this) - but I can't imagine why the instructors on that course didn't see what was needed in time.

Personally, I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about my personal experiences there. A life-changing experience for me, in all of the right ways.

Anyway... my personal exercising... usually I try to walk, jog, or ride my stationary bicycle 5 times a week, and work out on a bowflex machine 3 times a week. Not really looking to get in super shape, but hey, I'm not getting any younger :p.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I'm going for a bikini bod... I don't know if it will ever arrive but I am trying. As of late I have taken a bit of a break but have gotten back into my 30-50mins of cardio 5-7times a week along with some pilates and weights. I have a friend making a nutritional guide for me as we speak. That is gonna be the tough part for me *sigh* damn food!

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
running season 3 months/year: 15-30min 3x/week
swimming season 2 months/year: 1km (3/4 of a mile) once per week
cycling, 9 months of year, 10-30min, 5 times a week
resistance training, 6 moths of year, once..twice a week.

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
excersise

in the mornings, before your day, stand upright and begin to bash yourself with your fists and wrists, all over your body with loose wrists, not force, then stand there and just observe for a few minutes your own energy. you may like to close the curtains when performing this, or you may end up being branded a sadist.
its very refreshing, its the zen way out of excersise.:yes:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
running, lifting weights, a lot of hiking, rock climbing, walking almost everywhere, the occasional bar fight....
got to keep in shape somehow!

Heero

MBTI Type
ITNP
I took up my roommate's fitness program. Whenever I play Counter-Strike, every time I die I do 20 situps and 10 pushups.

Except when I play gungame...:}

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
^That I could go for. Lately, I've just been exercising my thumbs.

:party2: Halo 3....

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
well I caved and joined a gym... I went for the first time today and i ran oh did I run and oh did I love it *sigh*

I can run for about 5mins or so before the pain hits my shins but it's so nice yup so nice..... YAY cardio......

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I did a Centergy Class this morning that was 60mins, it's a combined yoga/pilates class.... mmmm so nice. Then 30mins on the treadmill mostly within my fat burning range. Ya I feel good.

Now if I can just get rid of my head ache *sigh*