• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2019 Healthy Habits Challenge

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
A lot of things in my life derailed me. It's been a rough month for me overall.

I'm not adjusting any of my goals at this time, and despite everything I've done well with IF and maintaining at least half of the week with healthy meals and being conscious of how many vegetables I'm taking in. Diet wise I'm doing pretty well, but exercise wise I have a lot of reaching to do still. Part of this is discouraging from my physical limitations, but I'm going to get in contact with my PCP and see if there's something I can do about my allergy to exercise because it has not subsided.

Im working on Feb being a better month for me with happier results. Feb/Mar is also when SAD hits me the hardest, it's the home stretch before the crawling, slow spring-time weather starts to come forward and I literally just wanna rip my pants off and wear shorts and not freeze somehow.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A lot of things in my life derailed me. It's been a rough month for me overall.

I'm not adjusting any of my goals at this time, and despite everything I've done well with IF and maintaining at least half of the week with healthy meals and being conscious of how many vegetables I'm taking in. Diet wise I'm doing pretty well, but exercise wise I have a lot of reaching to do still. Part of this is discouraging from my physical limitations, but I'm going to get in contact with my PCP and see if there's something I can do about my allergy to exercise because it has not subsided.

Im working on Feb being a better month for me with happier results. Feb/Mar is also when SAD hits me the hardest, it's the home stretch before the crawling, slow spring-time weather starts to come forward and I literally just wanna rip my pants off and wear shorts and not freeze somehow.

Perfection is the enemy of progress. :) Focus on what you're doing well at the moment (just diet in itself is hard for most people!), and for the exercise aspect of it, don't worry so much about goals/results until you feel better. If there are exercises that help with your SAD that you can do indoors where it's warmer, try to do a bit of that - and focus on the fact that you are trying, not on the arbitrary outcomes. Even doing a little bit will help you to ramp up for the months ahead, when you're in a better place emotionally. All of us go through periods when we're derailed, the important thing is to be forgiving, focus on the positive and do small things to get back on track.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
tonight we did an indian food cooking class which was my first nonhealthyesque meal that i've had all month. was really fun and delicious. i was concerned about portion control since me + bread is an unholy concoction but everything worked out well.

i've been taking long walks with weights this week and that has really helped make it a real workout wherein i feel fatigued at the end of my hour.

progress feels a bit slow... but this is the side effect of me not weighing or measuring myself beforehand. might do that this weekend for the new month and then make it a monthly thing.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm really out of shape, so I went to the Y and did an hour of fast-ish walking on the indoor track. I should have counted my laps, but I figure it was roughly 3-3.5 miles. I'm embarrassed to say that my hip abductors (gluteus medius) were actually sore afterward, but it felt pretty good nonetheless.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am getting better at this, but need to continue working on it: I want to be in good shape so I can be healthy and comfortable, not so some certain person will desire me. Doing it for the latter reason is not healthy for me.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been working out 4 - 5 days a week and getting slimmer. Lost I suppose around 12 pounds in the last two months. Not making progress tonight though. In a bad mood and very discouraged about other things.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Still doing cardio and weights 4-5 days a week. I'm down to two days a week eating meat, the rest are vegetarian meals, sometimes vegan but I'm not planning to completely eliminate meat or animal products from my diet. I do feel better overall and finding new ideas and foods is the best part.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so because i am a child i have a calendar whereupon i place star stickers for various activities i want to be doing for my healthy challenge 2019. oh the glory at the end of the month seeing the rainbow. oh the terrible blankness of the new month unfolding and saying, go buy some cake!

it doesn't help that i have picked up a cold bug from working at clinics the past few weeks. so yesterday i slept all day and today is feeling similar.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
A merciful break in the cold this week. I've been more productive and woken up as a result. Definitely looking up!

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My parents said there's a Chinese saying about eating til you're 70% full. Why they never mentioned this to me before is a big question.

I like that concept and am going to abide by it. I saw myself in a full length mirror the other day and was shocked. Not good... it's a great motivator.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
lately I've been trying to make sure I have one meatless meal a day.
i am a 3 square meals a day person , I don't snack and I don't eat dessert typically.
I loooooove bread so I can't commit to no carbs
But i also looooooove steak & butter nomnomnom so I'm just trying to ensure one meal is totally veggieful and high in fiber.
Thats it! That's all I can commit too.