• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Annoying last 7 pounds.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Alright so I set a goal for myself to lose my "baby fat" before 19 or 18.
I work out around 3 times a week and unfortunately I was "blessed" with goodies from my father's family.:D
I'm big-boned (No I actually really am, it's not just to use the expression :shock:) and I tend to not lose fat easily, first because I'm a female and second of all because of my "heritage".
So any advice on how lose 7 stubborn pounds?
I'm currently rather healthy except for asthma when I was younger and other little "goodies":
17 yrs old
136 lbs
5'4
~24 % body fat
- I don't work out especially hard because I don't want to do it too hard and hurt myself or something. Basically I want to take my time and make sure the "effects" last, yoyo dieting and weight gain are out of the question.
I'm willing to work hard and well for this...I just need some "guidance".
So basically it's not that I'm unhealthy but I'd like to get in better shape:D
- Dwigie.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
It's probably a little dangerous to ask anyone who's not familiar with the specifics of your body and its condition (and who's not a physician or dietitian) to give you advice on weight loss, but in general I know that simply reducing caloric intake helps me lose bits of weight here and there. But as I'm no expert, I have no further advice to offer. And even what I've just said may be bum information, so take it with a grain of salt.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm a huge health fanatic Dwigie...
let me know what a typical diet in the life of Dwigie is like :)

Something I do on a daily basis is to write down every single piece of food and liquid that enters my mouth down onto a piece of paper and record it daily. The columns for my list go in this order:

Food(name of it)/Amount(serving)/Calories/Fat/Carbs/Fiber/Sugar/Protein.

Amount is in cups
Fat, carbs, fiber, sugar, protein are all in grams.
And at the end of the day I add it all up and see where I am.

A general tip that doesnt't effect certain health conditions;

If you 'feel' hungry, drink a glass of water and wait 15 minutes. The hunger pains you feel are also the same as 'thirsty.' Most Americans are dehydrated and don't know it.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
^^Well a lot of people neglect to keep track of their calories and wonder why the walking isn't working. But yeah, it is obvious.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
^^Well a lot of people neglect to keep track of their calories and wonder why the walking isn't working. But yeah, it is obvious.

That's the biggest issue with today.

Luckily for me, I never have had a weight issue.. I'm the skinny ectomorph. But it is so simple to buy.. let's say a McDonalds Hamburger. A person could consume that in 3-4 bites(generous bites), and BOOM 250 calories. And a person could easily not be satisfied and down a couple more of those. Of course, that's not the worst thing possible to eat.

Anywhere that you go out to eat is going to offer;
Large portions ~ resulting in:
High fat content(most likely)
High carbohydrate
High Sugar
Possibly good protein
Most likely low fiber

And most Americans will eat the large portion. Which is probably equivalent to half a daily's recommended caloric intake.

And it doesn't apply to everyone, there are lots of health conscience people out there, but I'd say a majority don't even worry about it.

Oh yeah, and then they'll want to walk for 30 minutes to burn, equivalent to roughly 2 miles, and is about only 160 calories burned(going at a 3mph pace). And theoretically it only takes 3,500 calories to add a pound, so you can see how quickly that will add up:huh:

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm a huge health fanatic Dwigie...
let me know what a typical diet in the life of Dwigie is like :)

Something I do on a daily basis is to write down every single piece of food and liquid that enters my mouth down onto a piece of paper and record it daily. The columns for my list go in this order:

Food(name of it)/Amount(serving)/Calories/Fat/Carbs/Fiber/Sugar/Protein.

Amount is in cups
Fat, carbs, fiber, sugar, protein are all in grams.
And at the end of the day I add it all up and see where I am.

A general tip that doesn't effect certain health conditions;

If you 'feel' hungry, drink a glass of water and wait 15 minutes. The hunger pains you feel are also the same as 'thirsty.' Most Americans are dehydrated and don't know it.

Every morning: soup/cereals + a fruit+ green tea+ yogurt
snack: a chewy bar usually.
lunch: it varies, it's either a "health" sandwich (organic,lots of soy), rarely:pizzas, pasta.(I don't like pasta, overdid it as a kid). Restaurants (I make sure they're healthy usually:)) or cafeteria food (bo-ring >.>)
dinner: I don't really eat dinner or I keep it light, salad + fruit+ green tea.
I eat pretty healthy, one treat per week .(big ass chocolate cake or what not.)
To show what I mean when I'm saying my family does have a lot to do with it cousins on my father's side:
- a 5 year old who is heavier than me
- a 18 year old who weights over 170-80 lbs and is no taller than I am.
A big number of the girls are overweight but on my mother's side it's the opposite:
- 12 year old and somewhere between 90-110 lbs.
- A pregnant woman who weights 125 lbs 5'7-8 after the baby was born! I'll let you guess her weight before.:shock:
I'm not "exactly" sure on my intake of nutrients.