• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

When my depression and brain fog are worst, I invariably have a higher fever.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The worse the fever, the worse I feel.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So the lower you feel, the hotter you feel?

Jupiter the planet is quite like that!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So the lower you feel, the hotter you feel?

Jupiter the planet is quite like that!

When its really bad, too, I might only do a couple of marks on a stack of paperwork in 5 hours when I should be able to do the whole thing, but its like I just can’t think straight. I can usually talk if you confront me about it, but theres a barrier like “no, I won’t let you do that”

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
If you are getting literal fevers, often, then you should probably go to a doctor. Regular fevers arent normal, and even if it is psychosomatic its probably best to talk to someone who has a greater knowledge base and would be better able to help you than us.

Go get this stuff checked out. You are an adult, yout have regular transportation and a stable income and since you work in a school... cheap to free healthcare I would expect.

There is no reason NOT to get this stuff checked out. Help yourself, help you help yourself.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you are getting literal fevers, often, then you should probably go to a doctor. Regular fevers arent normal, and even if it is psychosomatic its probably best to talk to someone who has a greater knowledge base and would be better able to help you than us.

Go get this stuff checked out. You are an adult, yout have regular transportation and a stable income and since you work in a school... cheap to free healthcare I would expect.

There is no reason NOT to get this stuff checked out. Help yourself, help you help yourself.

Already working with a doctor and therapist, but nothing really helps.

Lark

I've read that there's a new theory that depression may be caused by inflammation, I dont know a lot about it besides that headline (I think it was a title of a book or something like that) but its one possible avenue to consider given what you are saying.

Opinion's divided on this one, there's different models of mental illness/health, like they dont all agree that its organic, there's some interesting social/network models, the best explanations that I've known personally are interdisciplinary and consider multi-factor causation but from what you are saying that sounds like a potential organic issue, then again there's chicken and egg issues maybe, does the depression cause the fevers or vice versa, I guess.

Hope you get some relief man, appreciate this is not an academic question for you.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've read that there's a new theory that depression may be caused by inflammation, I dont know a lot about it besides that headline (I think it was a title of a book or something like that) but its one possible avenue to consider given what you are saying.

Opinion's divided on this one, there's different models of mental illness/health, like they dont all agree that its organic, there's some interesting social/network models, the best explanations that I've known personally are interdisciplinary and consider multi-factor causation but from what you are saying that sounds like a potential organic issue, then again there's chicken and egg issues maybe, does the depression cause the fevers or vice versa, I guess.

Hope you get some relief man, appreciate this is not an academic question for you.

Not many options in my area.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that's normal. Fever make us feel bad which is only compounded by the depression.

Sorry my dude :(

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you take anything for the fever when you have it?

Metis

Ibuprofen treats inflammation too, which is interesting considering the other thesis.

"NSAIDs aside from (low-dose) aspirin are associated with a doubled risk of heart failure in people without a history of cardiac disease.[48] In people with such a history, use of NSAIDs (aside from low-dose aspirin) was associated with a more than 10-fold increase in heart failure.[49] If this link is proven causal, researchers estimate that NSAIDs would be responsible for up to 20 percent of hospital admissions for congestive heart failure. In people with heart failure, NSAIDs increase mortality risk (hazard ratio) by approximately 1.2–1.3 for naproxen and ibuprofen, 1.7 for rofecoxib and celecoxib, and 2.1 for diclofenac.[50]"

"NSAIDs are also associated with a fairly high incidence of adverse drug reactions (ADRs) on the kidney and over time can lead to chronic kidney disease."

etc.

Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug - Wikipedia