• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Healthy Holiday Habits Challenge 2018

Metis

It's time for Typology Central members north of the Tropic of Cancer to start fattening up for the winter, and in anticipation of starting the Healthy Habits Challenge again in January, all over from the beginning.

Here are my plans:

1) Eggnog

2) Pumpkin pie with "homemade" whipped cream

3) Hors d'oeuvres

4) Let acquaintances talk me into eating at milkshakes-burgers-fries joints with them

5) On that note: Sweet potato fries!

6) Skip martial arts & other exercise activities due to a feeling of bloatedness and general malaise

What are you going to do to put on weight this autumn?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hot buttered rum.

Who says lots of butter, sugar, and booze isn't good for you?

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
My plan was just to blend all my favorite winter goodies (sugar cookies, gingerbread, various kind of processed deli meats, eggnog in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic variants) into a high-fructose, trans fat cocktail of pure of liquidified Christmas gluttony cheer. I say blend versus several rigorous gorging sessions simply to maximize the amount of calories I can intake at any given time.

I plan to fulfill this new regiment starting from tomorrow until either Christmas eve, or until my resting breathing sounds begin to mimic those of a heavy-duty Dyson vacuum cleaner suction hose left flailing around on the floor -- If I don't reach a weight in which I begin having to actively think about the logistics of how I'd enter a narrow doorway, I've failed both this forum and myself.

Metis

Hot buttered rum.

Who says lots of butter, sugar, and booze isn't good for you?

My plan was just to blend all my favorite winter goodies (sugar cookies, gingerbread, various kind of processed deli meats, eggnog in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic variants) into a high-fructose, trans fat cocktail of pure of liquidified Christmas gluttony cheer. I say blend versus several rigorous gorging sessions simply to maximize the amount of calories I can intake at any given time.

I plan to fulfill this new regiment starting from tomorrow until either Christmas eve, or until my resting breathing sounds begin to mimic those of a heavy-duty Dyson vacuum cleaner suction hose left flailing around on the floor -- If I don't reach a weight in which I begin having to actively think about the logistics of how I'd enter a narrow doorway, I've failed both this forum and myself.

You might both like this recipe. I invented it myself about 20 years ago, and successfully tested it once:

1) Dump Oreos in a blender
2) Add enough Kahlua to cover Oreos
3) Blend until blended

If you don't like Oreos because of all the artificial shit, I'm sure you can find Oreo substitutes at the health food store.

Here's a similar recipe that I've just come up with off the top of my head and have never tried. Let's see which of you two will be the first!

1) Same as above, but with Nutter Butters & rum
2) Add raisins if you want

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You might both like this recipe. I invented it myself about 20 years ago, and successfully tested it once:

1) Dump Oreos in a blender
2) Add enough Kahlua to cover Oreos
3) Blend until blended

If you don't like Oreos because of all the artificial shit, I'm sure you can find Oreo substitutes at the health food store.

Here's a similar recipe that I've just come up with off the top of my head and have never tried. Let's see which of you two will be the first!

1) Same as above, but with Nutter Butters & rum
2) Add raisins if you want

Alternatively, you can mash the Oreos, mix with cream cheese and sugar, form into balls, and dip into chocolate. Eat all of them and wash them down with sweetened condensed milk. Excellent snack. I plan to do this midmorning and afternoon.

Metis

Alternatively, you can mash the Oreos, mix with cream cheese and sugar, form into balls, and dip into chocolate. Eat all of them and wash them down with sweetened condensed milk. Excellent snack. I plan to do this midmorning and afternoon.

Why not also snack on them...

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
What are you going to do to put on weight this autumn?

Fudge, cookies, eggnog (with Jameson), heavy carbs, far more meat than I eat the rest of the year and these......

cornflake-wreaths-12-400x400.jpg

Cornflakes, butter, marshmallows - decorate with red-hots. :wubbie:

But I will visit the gym 3 days a week at minimum.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm just gonna go with the flow, I'll be in germany. but also i read this as hobbit habits

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Fortunatly for me I'm not a big fan of dessert.

I do however LOVE eggnog. I make soooo much of it every year.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fortunatly for me I'm not a big fan of dessert.

I do however LOVE eggnog. I make soooo much of it every year.

Ooh, I've been wanting to try making homemade eggnog.

Metis

Tomorrow, I'm going to stop sleeping until afternoon, and start getting up in the morning around 8.

110207142625_1_900x600.jpg

That way I won't be exhausted when I have to go back to an earlier schedule on Monday.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tomorrow, I'm going to stop sleeping until afternoon, and start getting up in the morning around 8.

That way I won't be exhausted when I have to go back to an earlier schedule on Monday.

Good luck.

Metis

Yeah, right. I'll get some work done tonight and take a nap in the car at some point tomorrow so I don't sleep a full 8 hours during the day.

sleep-disorders-signs-symptoms.jpg

Good luck.

Thank you. :doh:

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

I always get up at six in the Goddamned morning. Even when I stay up till 2. On occasion, It'd be nice to sleep till noon.
...I say that, but I'd be SO Pissed if I did.

Good luck!

Metis

I always get up at six in the Goddamned morning. Even when I stay up till 2. On occasion, It'd be nice to sleep till noon.
...I say that, but I'd be SO Pissed if I did.

Good luck!

That's amazing.

Metis

Yeah, right. I'll get some work done tonight and take a nap in the car at some point tomorrow so I don't sleep a full 8 hours during the day.

sleep-disorders-signs-symptoms.jpg

Both plans failed. I need to look into some kind of solution to this problem.