User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Default How much weigh did you lose by skipping dinner?

I feel as if I have gotten out off shape and I want to be thin again. I weighed 189 pounds right now. I have been fasting and skipping dinner for a week and I have lost 3 pounds so far. I just hate myself for getting out of shape and almost weighing close to 200 pounds. I never realize how in shape my 16 coach potato self was compared to my 24 year old self. I am going to try to get up to 130 pounds like I was when I was 16. My 16 year old self was able to at least run a mile in 8 minutes compared to my current self that takes 13 minutes.

Has anybody ever tried skipping dinner? If so, how much weigh did you lose? How many months did it take you?
    5w4,4w5,1

The Researcher

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx

Research intermittent fasting.
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Hello, I lost 10 pounds already. I was wondering if anybody would mind sharing how many pounds they lost from fasting. Fasting is by far the easiest method I have ever tried to lose weight.
    5w4,4w5,1

The Researcher

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
    Research intermittent fasting.
    That's what I did. Stop eating at 8pm, eat again at 1pm the next day. 28 lbs total.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

pretentious poetess SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

The thing is, skipping meals can lead to snacking. There is also a greater risk of overeating at other meals. Not to mention, malnutrition.

What I am trying to do is make one meal during the day a protein shake. When I drink one of those at the start of the day, it usually keeps me full for a while.
    Remembering "Jacques" and Jane Doe of Sumter Co., SC
    We will fight for you.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Watch some of Dr. Jason Fung's lectures on obesity on youtube and read some of the comments. It's the insulin level that determines obesity, not the amount of calories. Keep the breakfast meal small. Intermittent fasting is the way to go but Dr. Fung mentions fastings that last 36 hours so if you skip dinner but have a snack later on, that's not going to help much.

Snacking is bad because snacks usually consist of sugary foods that raise your insulin levels.
    Congress is a mess because it's run by scumbag lawyers.

IBleedPumpkinJuice thepumpkinpot's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Intermittent fasting has helped a lot when I wanted to lose weight. In the end that kind of diet was very similar to just skipping dinner - I just skipped lunch instead, as I felt better having breakfast in the morning and taking in nutrients I needed to get me going and then a healthy plate of foods in the evening, when all the stress was over and I could actually enjoy my meal. I hate eating when stressed/under time pressure. I lost about 10 kg (22 pounds) that way.

On afternoons I walk the graves
    The rusted cars, the mine shaft caves
    I'm away for weeks
    Arrive at night
    It's just me among the weeds
    Among the ghosts, among the leaves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please ignore certain spelling and grammatical errors, English is not my mother tongue.

MBTI
    yupp

so when there's food in the house i have a problem with not not eating. so i decided i'm only gonna buy meal food and fruit to snack on because when i do that i lose weight. but when i have cheese and chips and crackers i gain.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    idk sx/so

Oh.. don't do that. You should get your levels checked at the doctors: Hormones like estrogen and testosterone, vitamin deficiencies, insulin, triglycerides, blood sugar, food allergies and sensitives, etc. Get yourself some quality food-based vitamins from a health store. Many a times, we get bigger not because of just the food we eat, but because of mysterious medical causes.
    The tale of a snake and a frog.
    And a joke.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

I would never skip dinner all together.

I have cut down on food in general and lost about 12 lbs in two months.

Keep in mind no single tactic will work for everyone.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”