• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much weigh did you lose by skipping dinner?

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I feel as if I have gotten out off shape and I want to be thin again. I weighed 189 pounds right now. I have been fasting and skipping dinner for a week and I have lost 3 pounds so far. I just hate myself for getting out of shape and almost weighing close to 200 pounds. I never realize how in shape my 16 coach potato self was compared to my 24 year old self. I am going to try to get up to 130 pounds like I was when I was 16. My 16 year old self was able to at least run a mile in 8 minutes compared to my current self that takes 13 minutes.

Has anybody ever tried skipping dinner? If so, how much weigh did you lose? How many months did it take you?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Research intermittent fasting.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Hello, I lost 10 pounds already. I was wondering if anybody would mind sharing how many pounds they lost from fasting. Fasting is by far the easiest method I have ever tried to lose weight.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The thing is, skipping meals can lead to snacking. There is also a greater risk of overeating at other meals. Not to mention, malnutrition.

What I am trying to do is make one meal during the day a protein shake. When I drink one of those at the start of the day, it usually keeps me full for a while.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Watch some of Dr. Jason Fung's lectures on obesity on youtube and read some of the comments. It's the insulin level that determines obesity, not the amount of calories. Keep the breakfast meal small. Intermittent fasting is the way to go but Dr. Fung mentions fastings that last 36 hours so if you skip dinner but have a snack later on, that's not going to help much.

Snacking is bad because snacks usually consist of sugary foods that raise your insulin levels.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Intermittent fasting has helped a lot when I wanted to lose weight. In the end that kind of diet was very similar to just skipping dinner - I just skipped lunch instead, as I felt better having breakfast in the morning and taking in nutrients I needed to get me going and then a healthy plate of foods in the evening, when all the stress was over and I could actually enjoy my meal. I hate eating when stressed/under time pressure. I lost about 10 kg (22 pounds) that way.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so when there's food in the house i have a problem with not not eating. so i decided i'm only gonna buy meal food and fruit to snack on because when i do that i lose weight. but when i have cheese and chips and crackers i gain.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh.. don't do that. You should get your levels checked at the doctors: Hormones like estrogen and testosterone, vitamin deficiencies, insulin, triglycerides, blood sugar, food allergies and sensitives, etc. Get yourself some quality food-based vitamins from a health store. Many a times, we get bigger not because of just the food we eat, but because of mysterious medical causes.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I would never skip dinner all together.

I have cut down on food in general and lost about 12 lbs in two months.

Keep in mind no single tactic will work for everyone.

rav3n

Intermittent fasting works. It's not starvation. IMSO, three meals a day is too much food unless you're doing a hard manual labor job.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Intermittent fasting works. It's not starvation. IMSO, three meals a day is too much food unless you're doing a hard manual labor job.

That actually depends upon portion size. I eat fairly often but small portions, so I am not suffering from hunger and the caloric value is on right levels for me.

But ok, I am not a couch potato.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Skipping the dinner is the only diet that has ever worked for me, but losing the weight depends on how much you control yourself during the day as well. At my first try, when I wasn't too harsh on myself and sometimes allowed guilty pleasure food I lost 10 kg (22 lbs) in 3 months. Afterwards I got a little more controlling and rejected everything fat, sweet, high in calories etc and I lost 7 kilos (15 lbs) in 2 months.

After the last 15 pounds my weight got stuck and is just going higher and higher. I don't get it how I could've eaten so little in the past. I couldn't bare not eating dinner now.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I've lost 20 lbs since the last time I posted. Still eating dinner.

Lib

Permabanned
I skip a lot of meals because, first, restaurants/diners/fast food are disgusting and the food there is rarely meeting my standards, and second, I hate to cook mainly because of all the dirty dishes left to clean (hate dishwashers as well). My solution - no breakfast but a homemade large latte, a good lunch and a salad or fruits for diner - never actually thought to skip diner. That is when I care to eat at all. I look and feel great btw. Overeating intensifies aging ;)

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did this last summer and I'm not sure how much I lost, since I don't have a scale. But it works. :)

My problem is that I eat when bored or stressed. :(

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't eat dinner unless I go out because I don't get hungry at night. And I only eat when I'm hungry.

I eat pretty healthy overall. I lean vegetarian, solely out of preference.

Recently I've lost 3 lbs for seemingly no reason. Maybe I'm dying? I don't know. I blame it on stress and being sick for the last two weeks.

I'm short, so, on my small frame one pound makes a visible difference. Granted, my metabolism has been so nice it almost makes me want to cry since I hit 21, so I don't gain weight very often or easily it seems. But given what I just said about being petite, gaining weight usually freaks me out enough to go in hardcore. Though I never go as extreme and one step away from anorexia the way I did as a teen.

As a kid, I was always told I was fat (mostly by my father) and to be honest that certainly plays a role in my fear of getting or being fat. Though at this point I do like my body, despite how fucked up it can be sometimes and how flawed/hideous I can feel due to certain things, which I guess is a little bit of a feat given what I just mentioned. I'm finally learning to invest in it again, trying to fix the damage I've done after getting so screwed over. It's not perfect, but it is the only body I get, I suppose and I want to take care of it as best as I can.

To be honest, I actually kind of loved the borderline anorexia "diet" teenage me engaged in. I loved that it hurt and was difficult. It was like a test of power, my mind versus my body. And my mind always won because it is harsh and intense. It made me feel so in control yet so all in and unfortunately that is the sort of thing that makes me tell the stars to put out their fires. I'm not crazy Patricia, I'm just goal-oriented.