• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Helpful Hints for Nausea/IBS

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll probably see a doctor sometime if it continues to persist as it has been. It does frustrate me because I pay money to see them only to never get any answers in return, even after switching millions of times. Oh well, it's something I've learned to live with.

^ This right here is why I am pretty darn skeptical of Western medicine and the medical industry (at least in the U.S.). When a patient is in real, chronic pain that affects their life, and proper tests aren't administered, that's just medical negligence. Sorry, but this angers me. You shouldn't have to just live with this. Nobody should have to.

^ This right here is why I am pretty darn skeptical of Western medicine and the medical industry (at least in the U.S.). When a patient is in real, chronic pain that affects their life, and proper tests aren't administered, that's just medical negligence. Sorry, but this angers me. You shouldn't have to just live with this. Nobody should have to.

Thank you. And I totally agree. Eventually that's why I was done with even bringing up this subject matter because I knew it would just be a large waste of time. I had to find ways to combat other crap without them too. Thank god for the internet.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Okay! Best of luck. I think nuts have these in large. I was also going to mention that not everyone can absorb minerals from suppliments really well. Especially things like iron. I googled some top magnesium rich foods for you.

7a4d63b87103ced629750516b95378a0-magnesium-foods-benefits-of-magnesium.jpg

Being vegan is tough!

Magnesium is amazing. I get as much of it as I can.

A few years ago I was diagnosed with acute Athsma. Eventually a friend suggested juts eating a lot of magnesium-I did and have had no breathing problems at all since.

gudjohn

Hello all... Here are my tips for curbing nausea. :sick: I hope they work for you.

1. Put a few drops of peppermint oil in ice water and drink it (alternately, make some peppermint tea)
2. Go for a walk
3. Slowly chew on some pickled ginger root
4. Smoke some herb
5. Listen to some meditation tracks or ambient music (like this one)
6. Deep breathing
7. Heat some water, soak a small towel or washcloth in it, and use it as a hot compress on your abdominal region
8. If you can, turn the AC up or turn on a small fan to cool down

If you have some tried-and-true tips for dealing with stomach aches and digestive woes, post 'em below!

You are a girl who loves life, you love tea, you love misic, they are elegant, i think you are a elegant girl.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Magnesium is amazing. I get as much of it as I can.

A few years ago I was diagnosed with acute Athsma. Eventually a friend suggested juts eating a lot of magnesium-I did and have had no breathing problems at all since.

I didn't know it would help with that!

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I didn't know it would help with that!

Yes! It is, as my friend put it, a ‘ muscle lubricant’.
If you have too little magnesium your lungs will have a harder time expanding and contracting resulting in a ‘fish out of water’ sort of condition.

At least, that is the laymen’s explanation I was given.