• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Suggestions for natural remedies for dry eyes?

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My optometrist says I have dry eyes and prescribed eye gel and eye drops that have lots of chemicals and preservatives in them. I did some quick research online for natural remedies. Coconut oil, olive oil, and castor oil drops were recommended but I don't know if any of these will help and not hurt my eyes. Anyone have any experience with treating dry eyes naturally? What worked and didn't work?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have allergies and use Opti-Con. Probably has those chemicals you are referring to. I know there are some drops that people with contacts can use. I stopped wearing contacts for this very reason (dry eyes). Just wasn't worth it to me. Things kept getting temporarily stuck in place on my eye and stuff.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My optometrist told me to take fish oil (orally). There's a certain kind, I don't remember what she said. Maybe if you Google fish oil and dry eyes it will come up though.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My optometrist told me to take fish oil (orally). There's a certain kind, I don't remember what she said. Maybe if you Google fish oil and dry eyes it will come up though.

Actually, my optometrist recommended the same thing a few years ago. I take it every day. I had forgotten that.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Actually, my optometrist recommended the same thing a few years ago. I take it every day. I had forgotten that.

I haven't tried it because I don't actually have that many problems with dry eyes. I don't know why but my optometrist kept recommending treatments for them last time I was there. :D

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

EddieJohnson

I have personally used omega 3 fatty acids as a tablet in past (Taken from Sports Inside website) and it does help. Talk to your doctor before you start any new supplement. Just make sure it would not affect any conditions you have or medicines you take.