• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you like French bread pizza?

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not my favorite kind of pizza, but it's an okay occasional thing. And only in oven, not microwave.

What other sorts of food fads do you remember? Findus Crispy Pancakes was another I remember, I loved them too and still occasionally eat them.

The other day I ate a chocolate protein bar from Costco and it reminded me of something my mom used to get us when we were little. It drove me crazy for several days, until I figured out what it was. Behold:

sfsticks21.jpg

Originally called Space Food Sticks (they were marketed as the kind of 'food' astronauts bring into space). I loved these things.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to your own definition, that Ruben pizza would not be a pizza. You didn't use virtual air quotes, either. I wouldn't consider rye dough to be pizza crust.
Why not? Pizza doesn't require only bleached white flour in the dough. It does require yeast-based dough that rises and can be rolled or tossed out into the appropriate shape before filling. Besides, "virtual air quotes" are for when you don't have access to proper quotation marks because you aren't using a written medium.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They used to serve us a monstrosity called a 'taco pizza'. It was neither pizza nor taco. Utterly disgusting. You could hold your spork down in the center and watch it fill with grease.

Ick that sounds disgusting!

I have always had a habit of degreasing my pizza before I eat it. When I would try to degrease the school's pizza, I swear the cheese came of with the grease. The pizza was like 75% grease.

We always used to say the Mac & Cheese had glue in it. You could hold the plate upside down and the food just stayed in place. It also had the consistency of Elmer's liquid glue.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why not? Pizza doesn't require only bleached white flour in the dough. It does require yeast-based dough that rises and can be rolled or tossed out into the appropriate shape before filling. Besides, "virtual air quotes" are for when you don't have access to proper quotation marks because you aren't using a written medium.

That's why the air quotes are virtual, since we do have access to a written medium.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You don't put pizza "on" anything. Pizza includes what the ingredients are put on, when that thing is pizza crust. When it is something else, it is not pizza. I have considered experimenting, though, and making, say, a Ruben pizza, with a crust made of rye dough, topped with corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and dressing.

It would be great. One of my favorites is wheat crust with Mae Ploy for sauce, bacon, shrimp, mozzarella and provolone and a little cilantro, baked on the grill.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yes french bread pizza is amazing, though it has to be baked that's my only requirement

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My coworker asked me if pizza has lots of different ingredients on it, and so does salads, is pizza therefore a type of salad?