• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Aromatherapy Thread

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Candles and incenses and oil burners, oh my!

This thread will be dedicated to things that smell good and thus make you feel good or really anything that produces a nice smell.

Tobacco-Candle-Gear-Patrol.jpg
main-qimg-3fa0041cd1e00129c4dc4d4c315df6c1-c
dia-8-5-height-11cm-color-ceramic-fragrance.jpg

[Note: While this thread is titled 'Aromatherapy Thread', aromatherapy as a holistic medicine has been proven to be ineffective. It is not a valid method of treating any diseases. It is a good tool to have in self care and general relaxation though. This thread is not for discussing the validity of it as a medicine and it is not to be treated as a source of medical advice.]

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
To start things off, I love the scent of mint. I used to have chronic dizziness and mint would always be sharp enough to help me refocus. I keep peppermint Altoids in my purse at all times.

I also just got back into the habit of using an oil burner. I like having it to where my room smells so minty that it almost hurts to inhale too deeply.

I make sure to always wear a body spray when I'm leaving the house. At first, I had a rule that'd I'd only wear sprays if the scent was of something edible, but I was gifted these two body sprays, one lavender and one cherry blossom. The one I wear each day is dependent on if I want to be a passive player or an active player in how my day goes respectively.

I think once I run out of mint for my oil burner, I'll try to get some intense vanilla. But until then, mint for life.

Crabs

Permabanned
At first, I didn't care for the WV Timber scented beard oil, but it's starting to grow on me.

61KIrzcKffL._SY355_.jpg

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Well, I don't subscribe to any medical benefit of aromatherapy but it does create a relaxing environment to sleep in. I like eucalyptus, lavender, sweet orange and rosemary.

My husband uses Detroit Barbers beard balm and the scent is Cuban tobacco, Cedar and Vanilla. It smells ridiculously good.

Detroit Barber Co. Barbershop & Brand | Ferndale & Corktown

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The oils I have in rotation most nights are lavender, rose, and lemongrass. More special is a rose/ylang-ylang combo that I want to make last. It’s a little way to make bed a better place - at least it will smell good if I wake up in the middle of the night.

I have also kept incense around since I was a teenager, and favor cinnamon and rose in that.