• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Warrior Diet

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How to Lose Weight Safely Eating One Meal a Day | CalorieBee
10 Time-Saving Tricks for Teachers >> Connections Article

Since I'm completely changing careers and this new career is 8:15 AM to 3:30 PM Monday through Friday plus what will initially probably be 3-4 hours of work a day of extra "off-the-clock" work, I'm looking again into creating daily routines I can follow like an itinerary and be healthier for doing every day. One thing I need to do more of is exercise and weight loss. I'm more interested in endurance-themed exercise than strength since I really don't need a lot of strength compared to endurance, and I figure I could make more time for exercise and cooking if I used my "lunch" to do the "off-the-clock" work and just eat 1 massive meal 2 hours before bed every night (which would work out to about 8:30 PM since I usually stay up to 10:30). Another benefit of this is it will keep me from obsessing over eating 6 tiny planned meals a day at planned times and then feeling disappointed by how tiny each meal is. This way, I can not only devote every day from 6:30 AM to 5:30 PM to vocational activities (7:00 AM - 5:30 PM if you count out time for hygienic activities!), but I can devote 5:30-6:30 PM to cardio exercises and 6:30-8:30 on food preparation. Since I'm getting up at 6:30 AM every day and since I will only have 3-4 hours of work at home on weekends, even if I start working at 7 AM, I'll have 11 AM to 5:30 PM to pick up some hobbies or relax on Saturdays and Sundays. Probably, I'll let 11 AM to 5:30 be my "Mandatory Fun", ie, unstructured time.

This leads me to the main point of my post:

I wish to run a 500 calorie deficit with my one meal a day so I can lose half a pound a week over the next 60 weeks. How can I create a weekly meal plan with 7 balanced meals which each run that deficit? If possible, I'd like to make these meals at home without paying for a professional nutritionist. I haven't been able to find a guide online how to identify what my 500-calorie-deficit total would be nor how to accurately gauge how much food that many calories would be if I'm cooking at home. I intend to research this further on my own, but if anybody has any pointers on how I can make this plan a reality, please let me know.

Beorn

Permabanned
You just have to guess what your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is at the beginning. If you use this spreadsheet over the weeks and months you will start to get a more accurate idea of what your TDEE as you input calories and weight.

There's lots of different options out there for meal planning. One of the easiest (and detailed) programs I've used is Eat This Much. The key for you would be maximizing calories in a single meal component so that it gives you one pound of baked chicken instead of 1/3 baked chicken, 1/3 pound burger, 1/3 pound bean chili or something like that.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You just have to guess what your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is at the beginning. If you use this spreadsheet over the weeks and months you will start to get a more accurate idea of what your TDEE as you input calories and weight.

There's lots of different options out there for meal planning. One of the easiest (and detailed) programs I've used is Eat This Much. The key for you would be maximizing calories in a single meal component so that it gives you one pound of baked chicken instead of 1/3 baked chicken, 1/3 pound burger, 1/3 pound bean chili or something like that.

This is going to be so useful. Any interruption I have from work is seriously detrimental to my productivity. Setting schedules for these things will be really helpful with improving my life. I'd never seen that chart or website before.