User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

Default PyeongChang 2018 Olympics

This is a thread to discuss Olympic-related things. Who's watching/watched the opening ceremony?

Olympics | Olympic Games, Medals, Results, News | IOC
    Likes Xann, biohazard, Bella the Cat liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I watch it all. I personally play or played some of these events so the Winter Olympics are my favorite. I have no problem with the fact that the US doesn't dominate these games and never has. I just saw a poll that this appears be a reason some Americans don't watch it, plus they have no idea what many of the sports are and don't wish to educated themselves either. This reflects much of what I've heard myself.

The US finally won a medal in the luge -silver plus a gold in snowboarding makes 2. That puts us in 4th place overall currently.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes magpie liked this post

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I never paid much attention to the Winter Olympics before, but this year I've made a conscious decision to change that. My favorite event I've seen so far is snowboarding slopestyle. I think what those folks do is mind-boggling, especially Red Gerard. I also like that participants have different options available for obstacles to perform maneuvers off of.
    I'm excited to the see the skiing slpoestyle and compare and contrast.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes magpie liked this post

MBTI
    ISIS
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Saw an article from the economist saying that no athlete from Russia should be allowed to compete as it is being to lenient towards drug use when in the same breath they admit other countries do it too. So what? Individuals born in the wrong country should be penilzed for something they didn't do? Thats not the olympic spirit at all, this is the reason why we have the olympic team, so deserving athletes can compete even if their countrt fucked up. I'm so sick of rabid retards pretending to be intellectuals and trying to justify their hatred and politics when there is no justification. Stop bringing politics into sports you condescending pieces of shit. You hate Russia and you are trying to take it out on individual Russians because you a prejudiced asshole, banning Russia as a body is more than enough. I'm so sick of these stupid witch hunts. Sorry for the rant but it needs to be said.
    Life is a work of art.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by that's not my name View Post
    Saw an article from the economist saying that no athlete from Russia should be allowed to compete as it is being to lenient towards drug use when in the same breath they admit other countries do it too. So what? Individuals born in the wrong country should be penilzed for something they didn't do? Thats not the olympic spirit at all, this is the reason why we have the olympic team, so deserving athletes can compete even if their countrt fucked up. I'm so sick of rabid retards pretending to be intellectuals and trying to justify their hatred and politics when there is no justification. Stop bringing politics into sports you condescending pieces of shit. You hate Russia and you are trying to take it out on individual Russians because you a prejudiced asshole, banning Russia as a body is more than enough. I'm so sick of these stupid witch hunts. Sorry for the rant but it needs to be said.
    Sure, athletes shouldn't be punished for the country. But this investigation was years in the making, it's not about hating Russia. If anyone hates here, it's the Russian government for not giving a shit about their athletes as humans and will put any substance into their bodies. But hey, they probably aren't doing it now, right?

Russian athlete reportedly fails Winter Olympics drugs test | Sport | The Guardian

Incidentally, meldonium, the drug in question here, was developed in the Soviet Union.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

More interesting than the winter olympics is North Korea 'making an effort' to mend broken ties with South Korea.

Let's hope it works for the best.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    More interesting than the winter olympics is North Korea 'making an effort' to mend broken ties with South Korea.

Let's hope it works for the best.
    I hope it works out but I also think that's the only diplomatic choice they had. Once some dipshit thousands of miles away decided to cause a shit ton of upheaval for a country totally aware of what's on their northern border without any reminders, I mean.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

These Olympics are crazy. I predict you will never see the NHL barring players from representing their country ever again. The Canadians won't have it. Losing to the US men in curling is one thing. Losing to Germany in hockey is quite another.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

We've really enjoyed watching the Olympics this year. Normally I just like watching ice skating/dancing, but this year I've made an effort to catch some of every sport. What a treat! I am now obsessed with curling and the magic that are the Dutch doing speed skating.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

This should be the next thing added to the Winter Olympics.

Yukigassen - Wikipedia