12 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Chiropractor or acupuncture

I have pain all over my body, and my school has both these services as well as a massage therapist, and I was wondering if anyone on this site had any experience with any of these, and knows which one I should maybe try.

Idk if this is joint or bone pain or what. Meditation and a warm bath has helped me in the past.

johari
    nohari
    Likes magpie liked this post

I'm not convinced that chiropractors produce the results they claim to. I've had experience with chiropractors - once during early high school and another after I suffered whiplash in a car accident. In each case, I sought treatment for a period of several months. Unfortunately, I can't say my adjustments had any measurable effect on my physical well being. Furthermore, the entire practice seems steeped in a history of pseudoscience. Apparently, one of the first instances of chiropractic goes back to 1895 when a "magnetic healer" claimed to be able to cure deafness by cracking the back of a patient. Since then, the practice hasn't benefited from all that much revision.

However, I do think that massages and meditation help relieve muscle tension.
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I've had both and I've enjoyed both tbh. I prefer the acupressure just because it's was more long-lasting, in my experience.
    Likes Smilephantomhive, Yama liked this post

Socionics
    EIE Ni

I suggest a combination of both chiropractic and deep tissue massage. But I have never used acupuncture. Chiropractic realigns the joints and deep tissue massage helps to release fascia (knots). I had consistent back pain for a few years but with one adjustment a week, it's pretty much nonexistent.
    Likes Smilephantomhive, Yama liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    I have pain all over my body, and my school has both these services as well as a massage therapist, and I was wondering if anyone on this site had any experience with any of these, and knows which one I should maybe try.

Idk if this is joint or bone pain or what. Meditation and a warm bath has helped me in the past.
    Have you talked to your GP about this?
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Have you talked to your GP about this?
    I mentioned the pain, but they didn't really say anything about it. I just wanted to see if these things helped, and would probably go to gp if neither of them did.

johari
    nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    286 so/sp

When my parents refused to sign consent forms for me to see a chiropractor, I went to a back alley acupuncture place and they helped me out tremendously. Just make sure you are relaxed and it'll be worth it.
    I am currently looking for someone to give me an in depth typing. Willing to pay money.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

I guess it depends on what kind of pain it is. My back has been super fucked up my entire life and I benefit a LOT from going to chiropractors. I've never tried accupuncture but I definitely want to. I agree a good massage might do some wonders too.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I agree with seeing a doctor and getting to the bottom of the pain. I've tried them all but what worked best was twofold. Regular exercise and regular massages - I have a 30 min. deep tissue massage, 30 min. stretch once a week.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

I only have experience with massage and it's amazing. I don't know which option would be most effective for you though.
    Likes Smilephantomhive, Xann liked this post