User Tag List

First 12

phallus impudicus

I hope you find relief soon and your doctor listens to you.
    They can be real dicks when it comes to pain, especially toward women (this bias has been shown).
    Likes Smilephantomhive, biohazard liked this post

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

In my very limited experience, Western doctors don't advocate acupuncture. BUT...my mom had great success with acupuncture to cure this pain she would get in her scalp (!).

My mom went to her normal GP and they didn't figure out what was wrong. But the acupuncturist did. In fact, they became friends over time, and my mom, who has an incredible green thumb, eventually got to the point of 'paying' for sessions with vegetables ! Not sure what kind of exchange rate they settled on

A couple of my coworkers go to an acupuncturist for various issues (digestive and female issues) and they swear by it. I keep meaning to go but right now need to watch my finances.

My SO had some excruciating back issues (where he could not stand up straight and was howling in pain) not long ago and went to a chiropractor, which provided a miracle for him over the course of a couple gentle sessions (that is, it doesn't have to be the loud cracking sound they are stereotyped for)
    Likes magpie, Smilephantomhive liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard View Post
    I've had both and I've enjoyed both tbh. I prefer the acupressure just because it's was more long-lasting, in my experience.
    Same
    Likes biohazard liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I have a feeling this may be a bone thing, so I think I'm going to try out a chiropractor. @fidelia @Dreamer or any other mod, could you move this thread to the Health forum, and maybe change the title to experiences with chiropractors and acupuncture. I think it would be beneficial to see other people's experiences with it, and I will share my own of course.

johari
    nohari
    Likes magpie liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I agree with seeing a doctor and getting to the bottom of the pain. I've tried them all but what worked best was twofold. Regular exercise and regular massages - I have a 30 min. deep tissue massage, 30 min. stretch once a week.
    I have been slacking on exercise. Getting back into it shouldn't hurt. I do tend to get nervous at gyms. Maybe a class would be better, but I don't like the idea of having an obligation in the midst of my school work. I should probably look around, and find something that fits. When it gets warmer I could swim on the weekends.

johari
    nohari

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    I have a feeling this may be a bone thing, so I think I'm going to try out a chiropractor. @fidelia @Dreamer or any other mod, could you move this thread to the Health forum, and maybe change the title to experiences with chiropractors and acupuncture. I think it would be beneficial to see other people's experiences with it, and I will share my own of course.
    This might sound weird, but have you been getting enough vitamin D? Do you take a multi vitamin?

I had some pain all around at one point and I think it was a lack of Vit D (rickets!!). Just a suggestion. Took a multivitamin and felt better rather quickly.

Hope you feel better.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by xenaprincess View Post
    This might sound weird, but have you been getting enough vitamin C? Do you take a multi vitamin?

I had some pain all around at one point and I think it was a lack of Vit C (rickets!!). Just a suggestion. Took a multivitamin and felt better rather quickly.

Hope you feel better.
    I have no idea how much vitamin C I'm taking. I don't take any vitamins.

johari
    nohari

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Oh... I totally confused things. I meant scurvy and a lack of Vit C

D'oh. Anyway.... I just didn't feel good all over, and it turned out to be a simple dietary issue!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I went to the chiropractor today. I felt better during and right after, but the pain started to creep back in once I began walking to lunch. She recommended that I try massage therapy, and said I was very tense lol. I didn't seem to have any severe back problems, but she said some sort of thing, I forgot the name of it, wasn't as good as it could be.

johari
    nohari