• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Back to back fitness classes?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is this overkill? I plan on doing something high intensity for an hour followed by an hour of yoga.

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No that should be fine. Probably good actually. Just maybe take a rest day after if you're not used to it, and make sure you have enough carbs for energy. Maybe bring something with sugar (doesn't have to be processed) and some protein to eat between the classes. I probably wouldn't do the classes in the reverse order though.

It depends on what kind of yoga class it is. If it's an Ashtanga or power vinyasa style yoga class, then it might be overkill, especially after doing an hour of high intensity. A slower-paced, hatha yoga class should be fine though. Yoga can actually be pretty intense itself, so if it's a harder class, then maybe try alternating them instead.

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you used to doing HIIT for an hour? Cause that's a lot on your heart if you haven't worked up to that.

As long as it's gentle yoga after you should be fine. Yoga is more of a form of stretching.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
No. I do a few miles on the treadmill every day, even on my gym/weights off day.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do it! And when you are done eat a meal and drink a cold beer and pat yourself on the back for being more driven than most. Then get up tomorrow and do it again! Repeat ad infinitum.

Lark

Is this overkill? I plan on doing something high intensity for an hour followed by an hour of yoga.

Sounds like a great idea.

If I was independently wealthy I would do nothing other than this, maybe I'd build in some time for reading but that would be my life and it would be a good one I'm sure. :happy2:

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do it! And when you are done eat a meal and drink a cold beer and pat yourself on the back for being more driven than most. Then get up tomorrow and do it again! Repeat ad infinitum.

Don't drink the beer for a few hours after your workout. Otherwise this.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
After doing back to back, I feel like a new person! It was an easy and relaxing yoga class (they even had lavender scented eye cover things for the Savasana) and the intensity training kicked my ass just right. Would highly recommend this workout combo!

The only thing that was hard on my heart was the half mile walk home (it is stupid cold out).