• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2018 Healthy Habits Challenge!

Metis

Metis's Healthy Habits for the Rest of 2018

:Ti: Green smoothie 4x+ a week
:Ti: Martial arts 2x-3x per week
:Ti: Other gym or hike 1x+ per week
:Ti: 1-day fast ~1x every other week

Week 1: Oct 1-6

Metis

Check.

Week 2: Oct 7-13

Lark

At present I am considering seriously what are healthy habits online, its not the first time I have found myself in this particular bind which indicates, I think, an unhealthy pattern.

So.

Still thinking about how best to act.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I checked my health chart at the doctors the other day and it seems I have lost 17 pounds since last December. I knew I'd lost some weight but didn't realize how much till I noticed I was fitting into sports jackets that haven't fit me for years. I have been trying to eat healthy - low carb, low fat, yogurt, fruits and vegetables, etc. I started working out again a few weeks ago and am getting in better shape. I'm just focused on having a more healthy lifestyle. If I do another 17 pounds, I'll be relatively comfortable with my weight. I was always a skinny person. Will be nice to get there again. It would be nice to do fun exercise - like tennis or something.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I have an all-or-nothing approach to much of life, and because of that, I've done horribly with my health this year. My new and much more realistic goal is to just do what I can, starting with the chiropractic exercises I've not been performing. I've been feeling cagey anyway but EXTREMELY lazy, and physical activity makes me feel better. Thinking it will help me sleep better too.

Something is better than nothing.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have an all-or-nothing approach to much of life, and because of that, I've done horribly with my health this year. My new and much more realistic goal is to just do what I can, starting with the chiropractic exercises I've not been performing. I've been feeling cagey anyway but EXTREMELY lazy, and physical activity makes me feel better. Thinking it will help me sleep better too.

That sounds like a great plan! I research and write motivational/educational content for a health and fitness company. And the main takeaway is to take little steps consistently. Almost everyone fails at the "all or nothing" approach so you are definitely not alone. ;)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last weekend I exercised three days in a row, and got myself back into the swing of things after having not exercised for about 2 weeks due to illness and then recuperating. I did a 4.5 mile run on the first day, a leisurely nature walk for maybe 2.5 miles on day 2, then a 2.5 mile run the third day.

Then I worked and was fairly busy from Tues-yesterday, and knew by yesterday that I needed to exercise and get my heart rate going. Due to it being pretty windy outside I didn't feel like going for a run, but I made myself do a bunch of indoor exercises and stretches for about 25 minutes, so that I at least did *something*.

This morning wasn't feeling like a run but went on a 2.5 mile faster walk, again to just do something, rather than nothing. I intend to do a run tomorrow, else another walk if the run doesn't happen, but it's very possible I'll be incapacitated due to cramps but hopefully not...

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have been eating a lot more veggies lately. I essentially just cut up a bunch, then have them bubble in butter, then add whatever else I'm doing, like chicken, spices, the carb, etc. It's nice to be eating so many veggies. I'm proud I am.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I didn't feel like exercising today, but since my period hasn't started yet and I'm physically still ok, I forced myself out since I'm wanting to keep the big picture of staying strong and fit in mind. I walked for about a mile, then I decided to do a short fast run. I stopped when I felt like it, walked, and then did a sprint, walked, ran, walked, fast run, walk, sprint, etc etc, starting and stopping whenever I felt like it. It ended up being a really feel-good and productive workout and I broke out into a good sweat.

I've decided whenever I don't have the desire/bundle of energy or mental discipline necessary to do an Official Run, I'm just gonna force myself out on a walk. Once I'm out I always end up enjoying it.

Metis

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I have to agree. The tough thing is that it is much easier to curl up into a ball. Whilst in a ball formation, you think you feel pretty good but (I believe) you would feel 200% better if active.

It's hard to counteract the ball tendency, especially when the weather is getting colder. Anyways, since this is at least in my head, I will try to be better about it.

Lark

Anyone go to Slimming World? I'm thinking of going to one tomorrow with a friend, I tried it before but this is a different group and largely a social thing, although if it allows me to lose weight all the better, plus I'm thinking of going to a spin class with the same person later in the week if they are running it.

I'm thinking of enquiring about circuits or classes at a local gym again but I'm not 100% sure yet. Someone I know who is a psychopath could have some friends or contacts there so I'm wary about the place.

Metis

Yes, if I recall.

Week 5: Oct 28-Nov 3

More or less.

Week 6: Nov 4-10

More or less.

Week 7: Nov 11-17

Check, to the extent possible.

Week 8: Nov 18-24

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went running 2 days last week, which was good.

The past few days though I've been focusing on more yoga-type movements and stretching, because I realized my neck and shoulder muscles were beyond f*cked up and knotted and so it's a daily focus over the past week to do lots and lots of shoulder rotations and also started lifting weights again to hopefully get some more uniform strength -- I'm wondering if my having focused so much on only planks was too restrictive and caused some of the knotting. It's clear whatever the case though that I'm at the age where stretching and joint rotations need to be a daily thing.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I started supplementing with vitamin D drops about a month ago. There is already a noticeable improvement in my moods and anxiety, and I feel like I have a bit more energy.

Still failing in the exercise department and need to dedicate time solely to my chiropractic exercises. The goal is 3 times a week, so it shouldn't be as difficult as I'm making it.