• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2018 Healthy Habits Challenge!

Permabanned
If you're only going to do 3 exercises, do planks, burpees, and squats. They all have such a broad impact on overall health and tone.

I love planks, it's the only thing I excel at naturally.

Just finished 6h reverse plank. Neeed a bit more tho.

Lark

The other night I was imagining this sort of forum in which your ability to post was only unlocked after a set number of steps on a fitbit or similar device and then posting again within the same 24 hrs it was an increased step count and if you were banned you could access the forum again if you reached your BMI perfect and maintained that for a set number of weeks, stuff like that.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Down 22.5 lbs. Had my first cheat day on Fri and went overboard and gained six lbs. Then fasted for 36 hrs and am now back to progressing forward.

Cant go over board.

Tater

I've reached a plateau doing 100 push-ups daily. Will be raising the bar to 140 to exceed 52 consecutive push-ups.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I obviously am not part of this 'challenge', but since it's relevant to fitness and it's something I have recently implemented, I just wanted to mention that for the past roughly 2 weeks I've started just doing planks, and when in plank, moving my feet one at a time away from my body, back and forth, as years ago I'd seen a video about how it's good for abs / a good sit-up alternative. Well let me tell you... sit-ups are worthless compared to this. I gained stomach muscle tone within the first week (granted, I am one who puts on muscle relatively quickly/easily, but still), and it also tones pretty much every other muscle in my body. Highly recommend. :)

I loathe situps. I haven't been doing this very often, but I did discover this good alternative, which I like because it doesn't hurt my neck...
AbSt-BW_Dead_Bug.jpg

I started a squat and plank challenge that is surely going to kill me.
It's day 4 and I can already see I've made a huge mistake.
I'll let you know if I make it through the final week which consists of almost 1,000 squats and nearly 20 minutes of planking.

Wow! Wow.

I can only force myself to consistently do workouts that I find fun. I've been doing more squats and lunges since I've been doing this workout (which is not the best quality and little corny, but a lot of fun for me.)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
[MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] - I think the "fun" part for me is the actual challenge itself. Basically, I just wanna accomplish something super hard just to say I did it.
Plus, I wanna be thicc.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I've reached a plateau doing 100 push-ups daily. Will be raising the bar to 140 to exceed 52 consecutive push-ups.

I've been at 150 per day for a while. About to up that to 200. I'm upping my sets to 40 per. I haven't done pushups to failure.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just tried to do three sets of 40 back to back. Gassed at around 35 on the third set. Need more work.

I'm switching to walking instead of squats. My legs are strong enough and the cardio is more valuable, and also less likely to aggravate a rather bad past injury to my left quad.

Eating well but I've been in a shit mood and stressed for the last couple of days and haven't lost more weight, so I would imagine my cortisol levels have been keeping me from dropping lbs. Still eating well and waiting everything to stabilize so that I can keep shedding pounds.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Make that 27 lbs down. Putting down the fork is the most effective diet there ever was. Calories in calories out. I wouldn't recommend eating as little as I have been to anyone but its not that hard to eat less once you get used to hunger.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Squat and Plank Challenge week 2 update:

In the last week, I did 580 squats and 6:45 of planks. I didn't report planks the first week because I felt it was ridiculously easy.

I'll be back again for week 3 updating! :happy2:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
29lbs down. This is less than I weighed when I was in DC 7 years ago.

Haven't been doing my push ups every day, more like every other day. Need to be better about that, but I've had some IRL stuff that's been taking the wind out of my sails.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My main healthy goal rn is sleeping earlier as I feel better both physically and mentally when I've slept well

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Up to 50 pushups a set.

Had a food relapse on thurs and gained 2 lbs, but am now just a 1/2 lb over where I was. The fight is ongoing.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ran my first 10k, with two of my friends! Longest I’ve ever run in a stretch. Kept a steady pace of almost exactly an 11 minute mile the whole way, so... not fast. But I feel good about my performance, especially because I didn’t feel dead afterwards. I’ll be sore tomorrow, but I know how it feels for your whole body to be wrecked from a run, and that’s not how I’m feeling.

That said: it was extremely humid and 80-85 degrees for the whole race. Spent the last half mile feeling almost nauseous, spent almost the whole race with a mild headache, and the headache didn’t go away until I took Advil at home. The race started at 8:45am and it took me til 4:30pm to get my appetite back. So I do feel dead, and I am exhausted, but entirely because my body couldn’t handle the heat.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My healthy goal for this year is getting a driver’s license to facilitate driving out of the city and exploring natural areas, although there are alternatives up until then. I’m registering for some lessons for that next week. I’m terrified of driving, mainly in a self-conscious way of being afraid that I’m temperamentally unfit for it or can’t be good at it.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Squat and Plank Challenge week 3 update

Last week, I did:
785 squats
13 minutes of planking

I have 9 days left, and I have yet to split up the daily task into more than one session (i.e. I did 180 squats today and only took brief stretching/breathing breaks after 100, 50, and 30 squats respectively, and I did the full 2.5 minutes of planking straight through).

Apparently I like to torture myself.