• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2018 Healthy Habits Challenge!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ugh. I feel awful. Like I have the stomach flu with a headache. Ache all over. Chills. Sugar withdrawal? Hopefully not the real flu. I did get a flu shot.

I don't think you get a fever and chest congestion with sugar withdrawal. Dammit! :ranting:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You do when it's heated in a rusty spoon over a gas stove and enjoyed intravenously.

And now I feel pretty much fine. Sucked for about 12 hours or so but I'll take it over something that lasts a week.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Have you guys (TypoC) ever done before/after photos for the annual Healthy Habits Challenge? Not as a competition, but as a motivational tool to help you reach and acknowledge your goals. I mean, if you aren't comfortable, you certainly don't have to post the befores right now, or at all even, but I do think it helps to see how far you've come.

What do you guys think?

Permabanned
Have you guys (TypoC) ever done before/after photos for the annual Healthy Habits Challenge? Not as a competition, but as a motivational tool to help you reach and acknowledge your goals. I mean, if you aren't comfortable, you certainly don't have to post the befores right now, or at all even, but I do think it helps to see how far you've come.

What do you guys think?

Ya totes, this is me ib4/aftr 6 pack

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Some resources here for a positive change associated with sleep, productive mornings, the tick list manifesto gets a mention, I do that all the time but have slacked on it lately, some swearing in it so be aware NSFW maybe. :happy2:;)

I've been just playing YouTube videos that have relaxing sounds to help me get to sleep. There are a lot of them. I press play, and turn my monitor off, and head to bed.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait, was this an intermitent fasting thing? Did you go without food for a couple of days?

No. You just pretty much eliminate sugars (except for a couple servings of low sugar fruit - like a couple of applies).

Lark

No. You just pretty much eliminate sugars (except for a couple servings of low sugar fruit - like a couple of applies).

I'm going to look at this then, I try to eliminate obvious sugars but there are maybe others which I am not aware of, I'm thinking about the other intermittent fasting too but as part of a paleo idea, I read about this guy who had worked out some sort of ratio of low protein intake to high/strenuous exercise, with periods of hunger in between to try and emulate hunting on the plains of africa or something, now that's paleo! :laugh: :laugh:

Lark

I SAID PICTURES!

I am too fat, when I am "reasonably" fat but strong I might post some pics and then post progress pics to a six pack or something, although I dont tend to like that look, I like the look which Arnie had when he won the Mr Universe, if you check that out his abs were not so obvious as his shoulders, chest, arms and legs.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I don't think you get a fever and chest congestion with sugar withdrawal. Dammit! :ranting:

Unfortunately, the flu is very viral and rampant this year, this strain is really hard to vax against and was only effective in 10-30% in many areas of the US, including where I reside. Our ER was overflowing and we had to send people away because we've had so many flu cases.

Please don't let that dissuade you from future flu shots though! If more people were pro-vax here I think we'd have had at least 10% less people in our ER which could have made the difference between diverting people hours away or not.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My parents do a dry month or two every year.

I'm thinking indefinitely, I hadn't really given a lot of thought to planning it out. I might still drink socially, which wouldn't be very often as I don't have much of a social life outside of the internet.

I don't drink in all actuality (Hardly ever a full glass of anything.. I'll have a sip here, a 1/4th glass of wine there.. I probably have about 5-6 drinks in total in an entire year's time).. I found social situations easier when I order my own drinks, talk to the bartender before, and present it right.

Cranberry juice with lime in it in a high baller, or pineapple juice with coco in a short shooter, a sweet tea shaken to create a nice foam in a beer stein, or even ask for water and lemon wedge in a martini glass.

All I do is, I tell the bartender, "Look, I'm the DD, and I'd like to not have my drinks presented like I'm 5 years old in a plastic cup of "oh look at me I suck" if you wouldn't mind." the presentation really does ease people's minds I've found for some reason, just having that classier cup with something in it makes people chill tf out... and most of the time they don't question it, or if they choose to 'buy me a drink' I just say "another one of these please" and the bartender knows what I'm drinking. Most of the time the tenders don't charge me for my drinks either, particularly if my party is spending already. I just sip them slowly and sometimes even have the 'water chaser' cup right next to it.

All of my friends know me and my habits by now, it's really only new comers that get surprised, but still, it allows me to chill at a bar without feeling pressured by anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

I SAID PICTURES!

Okay okay! I've taken before pictures, but I won't post them until I have some after ones ;)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The healthy habit that I probably most need to adopt is getting better at relaxing.

That said... I am very, very bad at it. And if I get too invested in that goal, it'll mean I'm not relaxing anymore. :doh: So... we'll see.
Being knocked out by the flu for a whole week was infuriating but also conducive to this goal. Literally have had no choice but to dedicate 100% of my energy to taking care of myself and relaxing as much as possible. I hate it, and feel like a chained animal, but whatever works, right?
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION] : I got my flu shot too. They aren’t kidding when they say the flu this year is no joke. I was too brain-fogged to think straight and too tired to move much at all for three straight days. Even now, five days in, I can’t be on my feet for more than a few hours without losing my energy and getting achey again. (No end in sight re: the head and chest congestion. :dry: )

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
So far Falcarius has ran 80 miles and cycled 113.

That's badass.

I gathered all my exercise equipment (weights, yoga mat, resistance bands, etc) the other day, put on exercise clothes, and then sat down and talked to people on the internet before watching a movie.

Progress.

Lark

That's badass.

I gathered all my exercise equipment (weights, yoga mat, resistance bands, etc) the other day, put on exercise clothes, and then sat down and talked to people on the internet before watching a movie.

Progress.

Small incremental changes are the best :newwink:

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Finally starting to loose wieght, about 5lbs in two weeks.

A lot was just because I had to cut out dairy. No dairy, fewer calories AND less coffee, less coffee less sugar.

It’s been very tough to lose wieght since there aren’t really any high-impact exercises I can do. I’ve been doing a lot of hula hooping on my Wii-fit but I’m not sure how effective it will be. Some people say it’s perfect for losing belly fat and other’s say it’s completley pointless.