User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

phallus impudicus

I SAID PICTURES!
    Likes Lark liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    No. You just pretty much eliminate sugars (except for a couple servings of low sugar fruit - like a couple of applies).
    I'm going to look at this then, I try to eliminate obvious sugars but there are maybe others which I am not aware of, I'm thinking about the other intermittent fasting too but as part of a paleo idea, I read about this guy who had worked out some sort of ratio of low protein intake to high/strenuous exercise, with periods of hunger in between to try and emulate hunting on the plains of africa or something, now that's paleo!
    Likes xenaprincess liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I SAID PICTURES!
    I am too fat, when I am "reasonably" fat but strong I might post some pics and then post progress pics to a six pack or something, although I dont tend to like that look, I like the look which Arnie had when he won the Mr Universe, if you check that out his abs were not so obvious as his shoulders, chest, arms and legs.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I don't think you get a fever and chest congestion with sugar withdrawal. Dammit!
    Unfortunately, the flu is very viral and rampant this year, this strain is really hard to vax against and was only effective in 10-30% in many areas of the US, including where I reside. Our ER was overflowing and we had to send people away because we've had so many flu cases.

Please don't let that dissuade you from future flu shots though! If more people were pro-vax here I think we'd have had at least 10% less people in our ER which could have made the difference between diverting people hours away or not.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    My parents do a dry month or two every year.

I'm thinking indefinitely, I hadn't really given a lot of thought to planning it out. I might still drink socially, which wouldn't be very often as I don't have much of a social life outside of the internet.
    I don't drink in all actuality (Hardly ever a full glass of anything.. I'll have a sip here, a 1/4th glass of wine there.. I probably have about 5-6 drinks in total in an entire year's time).. I found social situations easier when I order my own drinks, talk to the bartender before, and present it right.

Cranberry juice with lime in it in a high baller, or pineapple juice with coco in a short shooter, a sweet tea shaken to create a nice foam in a beer stein, or even ask for water and lemon wedge in a martini glass.

All I do is, I tell the bartender, "Look, I'm the DD, and I'd like to not have my drinks presented like I'm 5 years old in a plastic cup of "oh look at me I suck" if you wouldn't mind." the presentation really does ease people's minds I've found for some reason, just having that classier cup with something in it makes people chill tf out... and most of the time they don't question it, or if they choose to 'buy me a drink' I just say "another one of these please" and the bartender knows what I'm drinking. Most of the time the tenders don't charge me for my drinks either, particularly if my party is spending already. I just sip them slowly and sometimes even have the 'water chaser' cup right next to it.

All of my friends know me and my habits by now, it's really only new comers that get surprised, but still, it allows me to chill at a bar without feeling pressured by anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

I SAID PICTURES!
    Okay okay! I've taken before pictures, but I won't post them until I have some after ones
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Peter Deadpan, Lark liked this post

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

So far Falcarius has ran 80 miles and cycled 113.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.
    Likes EJCC, Peter Deadpan, magpie liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    The healthy habit that I probably most need to adopt is getting better at relaxing.

That said... I am very, very bad at it. And if I get too invested in that goal, it'll mean I'm not relaxing anymore. So... we'll see.
    Being knocked out by the flu for a whole week was infuriating but also conducive to this goal. Literally have had no choice but to dedicate 100% of my energy to taking care of myself and relaxing as much as possible. I hate it, and feel like a chained animal, but whatever works, right?

@highlander and @kyuuei : I got my flu shot too. They aren’t kidding when they say the flu this year is no joke. I was too brain-fogged to think straight and too tired to move much at all for three straight days. Even now, five days in, I can’t be on my feet for more than a few hours without losing my energy and getting achey again. (No end in sight re: the head and chest congestion. )
    ”We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous.”

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w9 + sp/so + 145(?) tritype (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

phallus impudicus

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    So far Falcarius has ran 80 miles and cycled 113.
    That's badass.

I gathered all my exercise equipment (weights, yoga mat, resistance bands, etc) the other day, put on exercise clothes, and then sat down and talked to people on the internet before watching a movie.

Progress.
    Likes EJCC, Lark, xenaprincess, Falcarius, kyuuei liked this post

That's badass.

I gathered all my exercise equipment (weights, yoga mat, resistance bands, etc) the other day, put on exercise clothes, and then sat down and talked to people on the internet before watching a movie.

Progress.
    Small incremental changes are the best
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Finally starting to loose wieght, about 5lbs in two weeks.

A lot was just because I had to cut out dairy. No dairy, fewer calories AND less coffee, less coffee less sugar.

It’s been very tough to lose wieght since there aren’t really any high-impact exercises I can do. I’ve been doing a lot of hula hooping on my Wii-fit but I’m not sure how effective it will be. Some people say it’s perfect for losing belly fat and other’s say it’s completley pointless.
    Likes xenaprincess liked this post