User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    I am thinking about the thirty day thing, in part because I found a lot of my 1001 goals were too vague, how to know when they were achieved and cross them off the list, thirty days is like a month so its like having a theme for each month.

Its not easy to find something new as much as these videos suggest though, or so I think a lot of the time.
    I don't think that the challenges necessarily need to focus on new things! The ones I've planned all focus on activities I've done before (and may have even considered hobbies in the past) but have neglected for various reasons: French conversation, drawing, yoga, journalling and photography. I like the idea of having themed months.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid in grids View Post
    I don't think that the challenges necessarily need to focus on new things! The ones I've planned all focus on activities I've done before (and may have even considered hobbies in the past) but have neglected for various reasons: French conversation, drawing, yoga, journalling and photography. I like the idea of having themed months.

Yeah, I saw it first in the movie Limitless when the guy's girlfriend picks up on the fact that he has been learning conversational french or italian, I cant remember which, but he realises he has done something out of character but seeks to brush it off with a remark along the lines of "self-improvement month" or something like that.

That movie sparked a real surge in activity for a while so far as my own efforts went, I just really liked the idea of a switch being flipped and focus and discipline rushing in to do what needs to be done, it starts out fairly simple too, he cleans his apartment, gets a restyling of his hair and look, becomings physically fit which all struck me as the things most people neglect as "success" is the goal instead.

Good luck in your endevours BTW
    Likes Abcdenfp, Ingrid in grids liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

my healthy habit challenge for this year is not to bite off more than I can chew.
    Exercise
    I found a fantastic app Aaptiv which helps me to do my work out on my schedule when it works for me vs a trainer. (Saving money too and I love it)
    stronger boundaries
    be honest with people about my limitations on where I can fit them into my schedule. I always end up trying to do too much for too many people and become overwhelmed, get it done but think you should have just said no. This year I will say Yes when I know it works for me.
    hydration
    water, water, water.. since I've opened my restaurant I've seen a decline in my water intake it's like I only have time for a quick salad and coffee.. water needs to be added back in.
    Likes Ingrid in grids, highlander liked this post

Some resources here for a positive change associated with sleep, productive mornings, the tick list manifesto gets a mention, I do that all the time but have slacked on it lately, some swearing in it so be aware NSFW maybe.

I think I will stop drinking alcohol
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    I think I will stop drinking alcohol
    For a month?

Are you going to do a dry january or february? Its become pretty popular, I know my brother does it annually.

I dont do it as my months are generally dry as a matter of default.

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    For a month?

Are you going to do a dry january or february? Its become pretty popular, I know my brother does it annually.

I dont do it as my months are generally dry as a matter of default.
    My parents do a dry month or two every year.

I'm thinking indefinitely, I hadn't really given a lot of thought to planning it out. I might still drink socially, which wouldn't be very often as I don't have much of a social life outside of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    My parents do a dry month or two every year.

I'm thinking indefinitely, I hadn't really given a lot of thought to planning it out. I might still drink socially, which wouldn't be very often as I don't have much of a social life outside of the internet.
    I dont drink regularly enough for dry months to make a lot of sense, I enjoy alcohol, although I dont enjoy drunkiness or time wasted recovering from hangovers, everything in moderation as they say. Like I think moderation is a worthier goal than being tee total for instance, I can understand some people need to be tee total because the risk of alcoholism runs in their family tree or something but I think total binging or reliance versus total abstaining is a bit of a swing of the pendulum between two extremes.

I've started to observe some of the ideas in the youtube I posted yesterday, even after just a day I feel better, it involves more of the minor lifting, like home dumbell and kettlebell lifting and swinging, and it makes me feel tired and sore at night and in the mornings a bit but its fine, in a day or two I'll feel the good of it.

Also started some other life logging and tracking exercises on the back of this, so I read more today and had less screen time, tomorrow I'm going to do better again, so I can believe that there will easily be an accumulative improvement or change for the better as a consequence of these small changes.

I've got a simple reading schedule that I've developed but had dropped and I'm going to start it again, I think it'll be a way to kick up my reading into a higher gear and work through all the to be read books I've got and then get them cleared out of the house, which will make space too and allow some sort of move, a small one but still a definite one, in the minimalist direction.

Finally, I'm thinking of starting a sort of journalling again, I already do a sort of journaling like the one mentioned in the video (or maybe its another video by the same guy) but this is one involving reflective questions like what @lightsun has been posting from time to time on the forum, I know its not like meditation but it works like that for me.
    Likes lightsun liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Ok, I'm trying out the 17 day diet. Will see how it works.

Easy Weight Loss: The 17 Day Diet - Lose Weight Fast
    Ugh. I feel awful. Like I have the stomach flu with a headache. Ache all over. Chills. Sugar withdrawal? Hopefully not the real flu. I did get a flu shot.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Lark liked this post