First 3456715 Last

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj None

I actually just screenshotted my basic/color-coordinated post in my super-duper-old-as-hell fitness journal on here a week or so ago. The purpose was that I would use it to post on Facebook every evening in a daily update/goals update status. It's been going really well so far! The only things on it at the moment are simple check boxes for "Water 64oz" "Calories <2000" "Vitamins". When I'm over my cold, I plan to add others goals like pushups, yoga, zumba, stretching, strength training

So! My aims for healthier changes overall:
    1. Hydrate! 64+oz everyday
    2. Vitamins! I've been taking a Multivitamin and Probiotic everyday, and B Complex every other day.
    3. Apple Cider Vinegar. Aiming for daily. (I still need to do this today..)
    4. Tracking my food in Sparkpeople, and gradually decreasing caloric intake overall.
    5. Making better food choices overall. I've started to try overnight oats, and finding better options to put in them/utilize in general. I'm open to suggestions for good, but yummy food options in general!
    6. Cooking more! I'm a lazy cook, and I've known it forever. I like things that are minimal prep, yet have tasty conclusions. It's one recipe at a time, but I've got an arsenal saved. I want to keep adding more sure-fire dishes to my own arsenal.
    7. Exercise! At 29 it's time to stop on/off slacking. My body isn't getting any younger, but I need to start exercising enough where it feels as young as it can.
    I *require* Zumba, but I need all of those other goodies in between. So my goal is to A. Exercise more, but also B. Create a more functional exercise space in my home so I have fewer excuses, even if it's doing something small.
    8. Laundry/Cleaning/Pampering/Hygiene! There's always more I could be doing, or things I could be doing more frequently. I really want to make a schedule for all of the above, and try to stick to it all for a cleaner home, me, boyfriend, life, and mind.
    9. Mental Health! My intention for this year is to speak to a Professional and really seek to establish healthy and helpful goals for generally existing. I'm always in an existential crisis, and I need to find ways to remain content, calm, and relatively happy. I think it would positively impact many other facets of my life.
    10. Financial Stability! I really need to focus (more now than later) on finding a job that I feel okay with, saving money, setting up and sticking to a budget (I need an Excel sheet Badly lol), utilizing Cashapps and Couponing often, and just establishing a better concept of money.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

What would any of you consider to be rigorous exercise? I was reading about some monks in a story, which I am unsure whether or not it has any basis in fact, who retreated from the world to live in remote mountain temples, it describes them as eating a restricted diet, ie bare essentials of water and rice (it is in an oriental taoist context), dedicating themselves to rigorous exercise and a "contemplative lifestyle" (which is also a bit of a mystery but at least different to the routine, "mediation").

I wondering what this meant in that context, whether it meant that the majority of their day was taken up running or in physically challenging weight lifting or push ups, sit ups or pull ups or whatever really.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    What would any of you consider to be rigorous exercise? I was reading about some monks in a story, which I am unsure whether or not it has any basis in fact, who retreated from the world to live in remote mountain temples, it describes them as eating a restricted diet, ie bare essentials of water and rice (it is in an oriental taoist context), dedicating themselves to rigorous exercise and a "contemplative lifestyle" (which is also a bit of a mystery but at least different to the routine, "mediation").

I wondering what this meant in that context, whether it meant that the majority of their day was taken up running or in physically challenging weight lifting or push ups, sit ups or pull ups or whatever really.
    No. High-intensity exercise for 30 minutes or more minutes or lower intensity exercise 60 or more minutes most days of the week. Unless you are training for something you don't need more for health. Diet is another issue entirely.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post

Rigorous is kind of a subjective term. It's relative to the individual's own fitness capacity. I know that in Physiology, anything above 70% VO2max (maximum oxygen consumption/aerobic capacity) is considered to be rigorous or high-intensity, and that number will differ for everyone. It's hard to say what type of exercise they were performing, because any of those you listed could potentially raise the heart rate to a rigorous level. I'd say it's more easily achieved through aerobic exercise, though.

Most of my goals for 2018 are not health related, but here are my ones that are:

+ Commit to taking SNRI for 12 months

+ Trial Neurofolin for 2 months

+ Find a new psychologist

+ Be generally more proactive in managing eating disorder recovery and anxiety/panic disorder - set aside time each week to go over therapy notes

+ 30-day yoga challenge

I'm taking a slightly different approach to my resolutions this year. Instead of committing to all my resolutions as year-long endeavours, I'm going to focus on some of them sequentially as 30-day challenges. I figure I'll be more motivated this way.

Likes Beorn, Lark liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Ok, I'm trying out the 17 day diet. Will see how it works.

Easy Weight Loss: The 17 Day Diet - Lose Weight Fast

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid in grids View Post
    Rigorous is kind of a subjective term. It's relative to the individual's own fitness capacity. I know that in Physiology, anything above 70% VO2max (maximum oxygen consumption/aerobic capacity) is considered to be rigorous or high-intensity, and that number will differ for everyone. It's hard to say what type of exercise they were performing, because any of those you listed could potentially raise the heart rate to a rigorous level. I'd say it's more easily achieved through aerobic exercise, though.

I've been on Pristiq for a few years.

I looked it up and just as I suspected (because of the name) it's basically the same thing as the Deplin I'm taking.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes Ingrid in grids liked this post

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу PumpkinMayCare's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    714 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

- Fruit and Veggie days. Basically, I wanna take 3 days out of my week, and on these I only eat fruits, veggies, and nuts. No sugar, no carbs. I have already started and it's going better than I thought

I wish we were all rose-colored too
    My rose-colored boy

You say, "We gotta look on the bright side"
    I say, "Well, maybe if you wanna go blind"

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I cured my environmental allergies. I cured my depression & anxiety. I cured my wheat allergy. And I've helped make my Celiac Disease more manageable. I did it all through the keto diet and herbal supplements I take. So I'd like to continue that and make some videos on it to help other people who are going through the same issues. My "gluten attacks" would last me 2 months and now they're only two days and super manageable with supplements. I also don't have seasonal effective disorder this winter because of keto.

I'm now completely man-made medication free. I'm very proud of myself for this and I would like to continue curing myself naturally.
    Likes magpie, Smilephantomhive liked this post

Most of my goals for 2018 are not health related, but here are my ones that are:

+ Find a new psychologist

+ Be generally more proactive in managing eating disorder recovery and anxiety/panic disorder - set aside time each week to go over therapy notes

+ 30-day yoga challenge

I'm taking a slightly different approach to my resolutions this year. Instead of committing to all my resolutions as year-long endeavours, I'm going to focus on some of them sequentially as 30-day challenges. I figure I'll be more motivated this way.

I am thinking about the thirty day thing, in part because I found a lot of my 1001 goals were too vague, how to know when they were achieved and cross them off the list, thirty days is like a month so its like having a theme for each month.

Its not easy to find something new as much as these videos suggest though, or so I think a lot of the time.