First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Work out 4 - 5 times a week. At least two days upper body, two days lower body and all days incline walking for 20 - 30 minutes. Eat healthy and cut down on sugars/carbs.
    So far so good for the most part. It's been more like 4 times a week. I need to continue to work on the food thing. Am eating healthier but need to cut down on the sugar/carbs.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Permabanned

Got my first workout of the year in!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    The healthy habit that I probably most need to adopt is getting better at relaxing.

That said... I am very, very bad at it. And if I get too invested in that goal, it'll mean I'm not relaxing anymore. So... we'll see.
    It's helpful to start very small with this. Use apps. I like the 2 minute breathing relax on my Fitbit and it vibrates on my wrist to remind me. I do it a few times a day and right before bed. It works. I've also used Mindfulness and Stop, Breathe & Think.

The Best Meditation Apps of the Year
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes EJCC, xenaprincess, kyuuei liked this post

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Hopefully everyone will reach their goals, but I'll invite you all to add something else to your list. Add a strong resounding why. Why do you want to accomplish them? Put that strong reason that will make you get back up whenever you're thinking about quitting or procrastinating. The first "why" is usually not that strong. So if you answer "Well, I want to make more money this year because I enjoy financial freedom", then ask yourself again "Why do you enjoy financial freedom?", and keep asking yourself why and answering honestly until you reach a profound and honest reason with a strong emotional component that will shake every fibre of your being relating to your unique experience and deepest desires.

If you have someone close to you, who will never judge you, but can hold you accountable to your resolution, then by all means invite them to do so. A support system will make things easier.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ISIS
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLI Si

I couldn't do anything with a barbell besides hip thrusters (partial left bicep tear) so I had to do a bodybuilding style workout. Word to the wise...never superset pistol squats with single leg leg press. I looked like a mess and thought I was dying multiple times.
    Life is a work of art.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I love the meditation suggestions. I was using Headspace for a while but then fell off the wagon. Need to calm my OCD brain.

Need to eat even better.

Need to sleep more.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I just want to not burn out from work...or, not escalate to a new level of burnout, anyway. Work volume isn't an issue so much as an unpredictable routine (tech requests from people who need help doing things), so dealing better with uncertainty is key...or, at least deal with uncertainty at all. Miscellaneous physically healthy things also will help.

TBH my "why" is scaring myself by reading too many stories about workaholics whose bodies just said ENOUGH, got sick, and forced them out of regular work.
    β˜… β˜… β˜…
    Likes Peter Deadpan, biohazard, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Video View Post
    I just want to not burn out from work...or, not escalate to a new level of burnout, anyway. Work volume isn't an issue so much as an unpredictable routine (tech requests from people who need help doing things), so dealing better with uncertainty is key...or, at least deal with uncertainty at all. Miscellaneous physically healthy things also will help.

TBH my "why" is scaring myself by reading too many stories about workaholics whose bodies just said ENOUGH, got sick, and forced them out of regular work.
    You have to create boundaries and enforce them. You also have to stick to a schedule you create. I work from home and apparently that means I work 24/7 to some people. I don't answer emails or my work phone after 5pm. Outside of the very rare emergency, no work related issue, supervisor or coworker breaks that rule. I understand this is easier said that done and it's much easier for some types vs others - I'm only saying that you have to be your own advocate.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes biohazard, EJCC liked this post

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I have trouble sleeping because I'm withdrawing from Zyrtec-D. It's a pretty insane withdrawal where I get red rashes and insanely intense itching from head to toe. So I've figured out natural solutions like milk thistle herb, bromelain, quercetrin, and turmeric to help keep my histamines at bay. I also continue my keto diet and I'm eating cow liver 2x a week to help with my own liver. I eat sauerkraut because it contains 2000% more vitamin C than is needed per day and helps my immunity.

I can't sleep worth shit at night. So my healthy solution for that has been smoking weed... well I actually have been vaping it and using a type called "Northern Lights" which apparently they give to cancer/leukemia patients to help them sleep. Anyway, it's been amazing. I had the best sleep of my life last night and can't wait to sleep more. I slept through the whole night, only got up once at 3:30am for some water. I slept from 9:30pm-7am which is gold for me when I can't sleep until like 4am. So yeah, this is my healthy habit that is helping me out and I'm excited to feel better with more proper sleep.

πŸ€žπŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ€žπŸΌ
    Likes magpie liked this post

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    You have to create boundaries and enforce them. You also have to stick to a schedule you create. I work from home and apparently that means I work 24/7 to some people. I don't answer emails or my work phone after 5pm. Outside of the very rare emergency, no work related issue, supervisor or coworker breaks that rule. I understand this is easier said that done and it's much easier for some types vs others - I'm only saying that you have to be your own advocate.
    I am definitely a type that has more trouble, but that didn't stop me - the problem of boundaries and control of workload and timing is actually the one I've made crazy strides on over the last year and now feel I've got handled, with no more rough patches in this respect than anyone else. The support of a leader who was in fact your exact type played a big part in that! This boundary management is no less than one of the steps to mastering an advanced role and its responsibilities, not something in conflict with them.

The issue this year is that something less obvious about work continues to have corrosive effects in spite of the above success, and figuring out what that is - the uncertainty of the duties is just my best guess for now. Also, my relationships in the office are all on positive terms and all respectful of the limits when I communicate them, so it would be very surprising if it were that kind of abuse, either. Hell, it could even be something like how I'm spending my time at home and effectively resting.
    β˜… β˜… β˜…
    Likes EJCC liked this post