User Tag List

First 192728293031 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I started supplementing with vitamin D drops about a month ago. There is already a noticeable improvement in my moods and anxiety, and I feel like I have a bit more energy.

Still failing in the exercise department and need to dedicate time solely to my chiropractic exercises. The goal is 3 times a week, so it shouldn't be as difficult as I'm making it.
    Really?

I been taking it for a while and not noticed anything really, I know why people in my part of the world are recommended it, the lack of sunlight but I notice not much change in mood or anything else. I take chromium picolinate too for diabetes and omega 3 but I'll be honest I'm not sure about any benefit from supplements at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Really?

I been taking it for a while and not noticed anything really, I know why people in my part of the world are recommended it, the lack of sunlight but I notice not much change in mood or anything else. I take chromium picolinate too for diabetes and omega 3 but I'll be honest I'm not sure about any benefit from supplements at all.
    What form/brand and how much?

I take a high quality liquid D3 at 5,000 iu/day. I started with 10,000 iu/day for a month, but I was tested as low D prior.

What form/brand and how much?

I take a high quality liquid D3 at 5,000 iu/day. I started with 10,000 iu/day for a month, but I was tested as low D prior.
    Its just a generic stores own brand type I bought in Tescos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Its just a generic stores own brand type I bought in Tescos.
    Quality and dose matter a lot. I'd opt for a 3rd party verified D3. If you don't get much sun exposure, take 4,000-5,000 iu a day. If you get some sun exposure, take 2,000 iu a day.

Liquid drops are nice cuz they are cheaper (I think I paid like $20 for a 6 month supply at 5,000 iu a day), plus, some are flavored (mine is minty).

Quality and dose matter a lot. I'd opt for a 3rd party verified D3. If you don't get much sun exposure, take 4,000-5,000 iu a day. If you get some sun exposure, take 2,000 iu a day.

Liquid drops are nice cuz they are cheaper (I think I paid like $20 for a 6 month supply at 5,000 iu a day), plus, some are flavored (mine is minty).
    You may be right because I've noted some changes in my blood sugar, of a positive nature and I think it's largely due to taking the supplements at a different time with a different dosage, I mean, I'm not doing a lot of exercise right now. A few dumb bell churls today but that is all.

I've been over-weight, but never fat. The secret to my success is low carbs, no sugar. I consume no more than 10 carbs a day, and I intermittent fast. I carb-up one day a week. I eat foods with casein protein before bedtime. I workout five days a week, which doesn't include my spontaneous HIT workouts, where I'm hauling heavy animal traps up a precarious flight of attic stairs and crawling around in my attic.on a 2x4 over dead mice and under ductwork. This lifestyle isn't for the weak. True story.

I'm still planning on posting some pictures of myself, but I'm not going to make them public. I'll post them to a private album, which will be accessible to my friends. I'll do it around the Christmas holidays when I feel like playing around online. Right now, I'm about to head out to Ace Hardware to buy a couple of gifts and some more Christmas lights!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so

This is kind of random, but it occurred to me today that I'm basically achieving one of my 2017 health resolutions in 2018, even though I didn't make it a 2018 resolution.

Specifically:
    - Run a 10k, and if you manage that, try for a half marathon afterwards
    I'm not running a half marathon, but: earlier this year I ran a paved/flat 10k, a few months ago I ran a trail/hilly 10k, and a week from today I'm attempting a trail 10-miler. (Hopefully the fact that I ran 8 miles a few days ago and didn't die is an indicator that I'll live through it. But I'm still concerned lol.) At the end of last year the farthest I'd ever run was 6 miles.

Not bad, given that I hadn't really planned on going in that fitness direction this year.
    ”We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous.”

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w9 + sp/so + 145(?) tritype (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

I have been exercising three times a week for the past month and I already feel a lot better. I lost two pounds while eating the same amount of food I'm used to and I feel a little better in my own body. I have to say... I've started to exercise with a personal trainer and she weighed me and counted the percentage of fat in my body as well as my BMI and BMI really means NOTHING! I look slim and my BMI is around 19 which is normal but still pretty low, but my fat percentage.... uff, ugh... just disgusting. I'm not even going to say what it was but it was extremely high for someone of my body structure and BMI. I need to exercise more and get that fat percentage down and I hope I can make it 'til the end of December.
    "Time makes us sentimental. Perhaps, in the end, it is because of time that we suffer."
    Likes EJCC, Lark, StrawberryBoots, xenaprincess liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'm not running a half marathon, but: earlier this year I ran a paved/flat 10k, a few months ago I ran a trail/hilly 10k, and a week from today I'm attempting a trail 10-miler. (Hopefully the fact that I ran 8 miles a few days ago and didn't die is an indicator that I'll live through it. But I'm still concerned lol.) At the end of last year the farthest I'd ever run was 6 miles.
    Not bad, given that I hadn't really planned on going in that fitness direction this year.
    Great job, EJCC! Since you've achieved the level of fitness required to trail run 10k and long distance run 8 miles, I think you'll do fine next week. I believe you can accomplish just about anything you're determined to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    I have been exercising three times a week for the past month and I already feel a lot better.
    Great job to you too, Fay! Keep it up!
    Likes EJCC, highlander, Fay liked this post