User Tag List

First 182627282930 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Last weekend I exercised three days in a row, and got myself back into the swing of things after having not exercised for about 2 weeks due to illness and then recuperating. I did a 4.5 mile run on the first day, a leisurely nature walk for maybe 2.5 miles on day 2, then a 2.5 mile run the third day.

Then I worked and was fairly busy from Tues-yesterday, and knew by yesterday that I needed to exercise and get my heart rate going. Due to it being pretty windy outside I didn't feel like going for a run, but I made myself do a bunch of indoor exercises and stretches for about 25 minutes, so that I at least did *something*.

This morning wasn't feeling like a run but went on a 2.5 mile faster walk, again to just do something, rather than nothing. I intend to do a run tomorrow, else another walk if the run doesn't happen, but it's very possible I'll be incapacitated due to cramps but hopefully not...
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    Likes highlander, Tilt, Metis, xenaprincess liked this post

Pansexual Primadonna ThoughtBubbles's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I have been eating a lot more veggies lately. I essentially just cut up a bunch, then have them bubble in butter, then add whatever else I'm doing, like chicken, spices, the carb, etc. It's nice to be eating so many veggies. I'm proud I am.
    Likes Metis, xenaprincess liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

So I didn't feel like exercising today, but since my period hasn't started yet and I'm physically still ok, I forced myself out since I'm wanting to keep the big picture of staying strong and fit in mind. I walked for about a mile, then I decided to do a short fast run. I stopped when I felt like it, walked, and then did a sprint, walked, ran, walked, fast run, walk, sprint, etc etc, starting and stopping whenever I felt like it. It ended up being a really feel-good and productive workout and I broke out into a good sweat.

I've decided whenever I don't have the desire/bundle of energy or mental discipline necessary to do an Official Run, I'm just gonna force myself out on a walk. Once I'm out I always end up enjoying it.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

Likes Metis liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    Metis's Healthy Habits for the Rest of 2018

Green smoothie 4x+ a week
    Martial arts 2x-3x per week
    Other gym or hike 1x+ per week
    1-day fast ~1x every other week

Week 1: Oct 1-6
    Check.

Week 2: Oct 7-13
    One day early, check.

Week 3: Oct 14-20
    Check.

Week 4: Oct 21-27
    Yes, if I recall.

Week 5: Oct 28-Nov 3

More or less.

Week 6: Nov 4-10

More or less.

Week 7: Nov 11-17

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I have an all-or-nothing approach to much of life, and because of that, I've done horribly with my health this year. My new and much more realistic goal is to just do what I can, starting with the chiropractic exercises I've not been performing. I've been feeling cagey anyway but EXTREMELY lazy, and physical activity makes me feel better. Thinking it will help me sleep better too.

Something is better than nothing.
    I have to agree. The tough thing is that it is much easier to curl up into a ball. Whilst in a ball formation, you think you feel pretty good but (I believe) you would feel 200% better if active.

It's hard to counteract the ball tendency, especially when the weather is getting colder. Anyways, since this is at least in my head, I will try to be better about it.
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

Anyone go to Slimming World? I'm thinking of going to one tomorrow with a friend, I tried it before but this is a different group and largely a social thing, although if it allows me to lose weight all the better, plus I'm thinking of going to a spin class with the same person later in the week if they are running it.

I'm thinking of enquiring about circuits or classes at a local gym again but I'm not 100% sure yet. Someone I know who is a psychopath could have some friends or contacts there so I'm wary about the place.

Metis's Healthy Habits for the Rest of 2018

Green smoothie 4x+ a week
    Martial arts 2x-3x per week
    Other gym or hike 1x+ per week
    1-day fast ~1x every other week

Week 1: Oct 1-6

Yes, if I recall.

Week 5: Oct 28-Nov 3

More or less.

Week 6: Nov 4-10

More or less.

Week 7: Nov 11-17
    Check, to the extent possible.

Week 8: Nov 18-24

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I went running 2 days last week, which was good.

The past few days though I've been focusing on more yoga-type movements and stretching, because I realized my neck and shoulder muscles were beyond f*cked up and knotted and so it's a daily focus over the past week to do lots and lots of shoulder rotations and also started lifting weights again to hopefully get some more uniform strength -- I'm wondering if my having focused so much on only planks was too restrictive and caused some of the knotting. It's clear whatever the case though that I'm at the age where stretching and joint rotations need to be a daily thing.

Likes Falcarius liked this post

How feasible do you think that Dwight's new routine is?

I started supplementing with vitamin D drops about a month ago. There is already a noticeable improvement in my moods and anxiety, and I feel like I have a bit more energy.

Still failing in the exercise department and need to dedicate time solely to my chiropractic exercises. The goal is 3 times a week, so it shouldn't be as difficult as I'm making it.