• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2018 Healthy Habits Challenge!

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been very good at keeping up with exercising regularly. My belly dancing class ended on a disappointing note, with the teacher who was taking over focusing on everything else at the sacrifice of any fun, joy, or spiritual beauty. I'll look around later for a different teacher, and just dance at home in the meantime.

I don't know whether I've lost weight. Maybe? I feel a bit lighter in the stomach, but I also feel my upper abs more, which is a kinda weird but cool feeling. I'd really like to lose weight, but I can't do anything but keep exercising and just try to make sure what I eat is reasonable.

I saw a diet mentioned somewhere that's supposed to fix your metabolism. Basically you just eat whatever you want. And as many processed foods as you want. Gain some weight, but in the process realign your body with what it naturally wants (as it's assumed you'll tire of gorging yourself on foods you'd been denying yourself and settle into something healthy.) Sounds fun, but I wouldn't try it without a doctor's input. Lol

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been very good at keeping up with exercising regularly. My belly dancing class ended on a disappointing note, with the teacher who was taking over focusing on everything else at the sacrifice of any fun, joy, or spiritual beauty. I'll look around later for a different teacher, and just dance at home in the meantime.

I don't know whether I've lost weight. Maybe? I feel a bit lighter in the stomach, but I also feel my upper abs more, which is a kinda weird but cool feeling. I'd really like to lose weight, but I can't do anything but keep exercising and just try to make sure what I eat is reasonable.

I saw a diet mentioned somewhere that's supposed to fix your metabolism. Basically you just eat whatever you want. And as many processed foods as you want. Gain some weight, but in the process realign your body with what it naturally wants (as it's assumed you'll tire of gorging yourself on foods you'd been denying yourself and settle into something healthy.) Sounds fun, but I wouldn't try it without a doctor's input. Lol

belly dancing sounds sooo fun! i am not very coordinated though -_- so i admire your bravery here.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
update: my frozen smoothie shipment arrived! i feel ridiculously decadent and frivolous.... but... the first one is amazingly delicious and i felt full after eating half of it. so i think i can turn these 24 into 40-48 without too much difficulty and have a good chunk of healthy eating spoken for this month.

also will help me from needing/wanting to go to the store at random points in the week for small purchases because #imhungaryNAO.

will post my results after a few weeks/the month is up on whether my plans work and i feel justified in doing this for april too.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
belly dancing sounds sooo fun! i am not very coordinated though -_- so i admire your bravery here.

Well, aside from the class, I'm doing it at home where the general public doesn't see me. lol I was a bit nervous before the class, but all the ladies there were nice, so it was no big deal-it was very laid back.

These are a good place to start, if you're interested... [video]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8LCuhaX9aHB-pPI3gowiJ5X9sHQRODca[/video]

Lark

I've been thinking a lot about this thread lately, how it differs from the pinned exercise challenge, how it doesnt and stuff like that.

I'm planning on increasing my participation in either one of the threads, when I decide which is the most appropriate, I got a bunch of goals about activity, exercise, sleep, routines, the amount of time I'm spending reading, watching TV or online, screen time mainly.

I've kind of been in this place or frame of mind before though, so I dont really want to be just repeating the past.

SirCanSir

MBTI Type
hmm
Enneagram
hmm
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Its sad this thread has been inactive. Im confused about what i would propose since im experimenting with several ideas to make my life healthier right now.

Guess im going to post here in hope someone else revives it for now.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I’ve been fasting the last few days, doing the 16:8 fast, where you fast for 16 hours a day. I’ve been using the Zero app, which helps you keep a record of fasts, tracks your mood and can track much more, like sleeping time and weight. We don’t have a scale...yet.

My goal is to stay on this fast routine for at least one month, to mid April. Baby steps. :D

I did some fasts a couple years ago and they worked well. I picked this up again because I had a physical recently and my cholesterol came back high. I’ve also gained weight. It was stress eating and snacking that did it.

There are some days that I fast more than 16 hours, because I’m busy or am not hungry.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My goals for this year:

-If I go out for coffee, order less sugary stuff(like a hot coffee with almond milk versus iced coffee lodged with caramel)

-Eat less free meals from work, and if I do eat more salads and add extra toppings to them(like spinach and mushrooms). Balsamic, not caesar or ranch.

-When I eat out, look at the amount of calories the meal has, and order things that are diverse(protein, vegetables, grains, etc.)

-Drink primarily water and coffee/tea(which I'm getting better at, I drink soda usually once a week or even biweekly now)

-In restaurants not order as much sugary drinks. I feel weird about getting water at restaurants cause it's like, "What's the point of a going to a restaurant to drink water?". I could do more unsweetened iced tea, though.

-Look up foods that are more filling. I have a problem with grazing, and it's because I'm not good at keeping full. I could have something like a bowl of chicken pasta with some veggies and like 4 rolls and my stomach will still be growling.

-When I game and watch videos, do it while standing.

-Stretchhhhh. I'm so tired and sluggish so that's why I don't exercise more, but I think starting off with stretches could help.

-Exercise when I first get up. If I get up at 6, it means I've actually woken up refreshed and that I have energy to exercise. These days I've been sleeping later than I used to, but when I do wake up at 6 I'll take that to my advantage.

-Beg my family to hang out with them. Would help me get out more and probably would improve my mood.

-Put on the most dance worthy music, and dance.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What I ate yesterday, 'cause I'm proud of myself:

Breakfast: Leftover Mediterranean salad(quinoa, lemon, mint, cucumbers, feta, chickpeas, Greek olives)

Snack: Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey and a few pecans

Lunch: Pasta with marinara, spinach, mushrooms, garlic, feta, and oregano

Dinner: Tacos with black olives, tomatoes, hot sauce, Greek yogurt, onions, and avocado, with lettuce in place of the tortilla