User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    I heard, "Eat your breakfast alone, share your lunch with your friends, and share your dinner with your enemies."

Not so much the point of her podcast interviews, except for the idea of letting the digestive system rest at night so it's not processing constantly. I don't think she's a paleo advocate exactly, either, but she does promote eating a lot of raw broccoli or steaming it but sprinkling mustard powder on it to add the nutrient back in. She's into sulfurophane and isothiocyanates, and I forget which one is which, but evidently broccoli (and mustard powder and other cruciferous vegetables) provide those and are beneficial for DNA repair, among other things.

I don't think a randomly-timed diet would be ideal, because whether or not it's ancestral, if you don't eat, you're going to get hungry. It's better to eat when the good foods are easy to access rather than wait until you're hungry at a random time and have nothing to eat but fast-food.

I've been eating broccoli lately.
    I dont do the hunger fast one but I find it interesting, by and large it does acknowledge that it involves hunger but suggests a tolerance of the same should be learned, I've also read some paleo guides which go in for trying to develop tolerance for temperature dips and the cold, a lot of it seems to be more of a tough guy challenge maybe that a diet plan but apparently thee is something to some of it in terms of endurance and psychology.

I've never heard that saying about meals, it is interesting.

I'm thinking a bit more about what exactly it is I'm trying to achieve, what are the healthy habits I want to challenge myself to develop and make 2018 different to 2017.

I'll be frank and say that I've had more free time, the end of last year and beginning of this year but have not achieved much with it, the time seems to fly, part of this is bad planning and execution and part of it is motivation once I have the plan, planning and thinking is not the same as doing and acting.

I was trying to avoid setting goals which could themselves become an impediment, as has been the case from time to time, the tyranny of the ought, should etc. instead of the can, could etc. at least that's what I'd read.

A part of what's going is that every thing turns into a consumer experience, usually buying a book, sometimes watching youtubes, documentaries, netflix or amazon video.
    Likes Metis liked this post

heartland values Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I feel like there really is a link between diet and mood. I feel much better whenever I remember to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I feel more energetic, happy, and alert, and I also feel less heavy if I also happened to eat a lot of meat.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes Tater liked this post

I've got a question for you all, what's a great way to get fibre into your diet? I could eat more shredded wheat but I'm thinking something more along the lines of acceptable snack bars, a lot of the flat jacks or other bars are actually what I'd class as "sweets", whether they have those crazy "protein not sugar" labels on them (what do they even mean by that, its a mars bar for gods sake).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    I've got a question for you all, what's a great way to get fibre into your diet? I could eat more shredded wheat but I'm thinking something more along the lines of acceptable snack bars, a lot of the flat jacks or other bars are actually what I'd class as "sweets", whether they have those crazy "protein not sugar" labels on them (what do they even mean by that, its a mars bar for gods sake).
    Not with processed foods like snack bars. Oatmeal, lentils, black beans, raspberries, whole wheats, avocado. Add chia seeds to anything, flax seed.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Lark, Metis liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Not with processed foods like snack bars. Oatmeal, lentils, black beans, raspberries, whole wheats, avocado. Add chia seeds to anything, flax seed.
    I used to eat so much of that, and I think I will again, I've also read about some smoothie recipes which include oats and I think I might give that a try tonight.

Is bullet proof coffee made with coconut oil? I've got a big bottle of coconut oil to review and I read on the bottle that its supposed to be good in coffee so I'm wondering is it meant to just be milk substitute like almond milk or is it supposed to be for cold coffee done in the blender?

I've got a question for you all, what's a great way to get fibre into your diet?
    Eat more vegetables, too, like broccoli, radishes (my favorite)... If you're taking blood thinners or if you have kidney stones, there are some vegetables that you're not supposed to eat, which you would hear about from the doctor.

Is bullet proof coffee made with coconut oil? I've got a big bottle of coconut oil to review and I read on the bottle that its supposed to be good in coffee so I'm wondering is it meant to just be milk substitute like almond milk or is it supposed to be for cold coffee done in the blender?
    I think it's made with MCT oil, which is the medium-chain triglycerides from coconut oil. Some people put butter in their coffee. Some put coconut oil, probably. Some definitely buy MCT oil and put that. I never have.

Coconut oil isn't a milk/almond milk sub, because it's an oil. If you want it to have a milky consistency, you can use coconut milk (which is sold here in some places, but it's not the canned one, although I've heard of people using that, too, and I don't even know what's sold where you live).

With any milk substitute (eg. almond milk, coconut milk), there are usually emulsifiers like carrageenan and other gum ingredients that can irritate some people's guts.
    Likes Frosty liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

13 as of Moday. Just need 2 to cross 210 and 7 to cross 205

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Tater, Frosty liked this post

I ate lots of cookies today. And some salted caramel chocolates.
    Someone give me a challenge.
    Likes Tater, Novella, highlander, Frosty liked this post