User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 306

  1. #131
    The Devil of TypoC EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Posts
    19,520

    Default

    FINALLY back into my exercise routine, after nearly 3 weeks without it due to health issues. I already feel more energized and motivated.
    ”We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous.”

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w9 + sp/so + 145(?) tritype (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Lark, kyuuei, Tilt, Frosty, Dreamer liked this post

  2. #132
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    24,166

    Default

    So I'm down 10 pounds in the last two and a half weeks and it makes a huge difference. This diet is working. I'd like to lose another 30.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639
    Likes Tilt, Lark, Tater, magpie, Frosty and 3 others liked this post

  3. #133
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,981

    Default

    My food tracker for the past 7 days: I'm naturally eating around 1200-1300 calories EXCEPT when an event is going on. 1700 calories yesterday for the Superbowl, and I really was conscious and trying to reign it in because I knew I'd have to write it all down later haha. I think that there is an unavoidable bias like this with calorie counting, but I think it's good for me to continue.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  4. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    29,426

    Default

    Did a serious day of low carbs and sea food, my blood sugars have been in single figures!! Yeeoooh!

    I have been drinking the shots of apple cidar vinegar, its fecking disgusting but it works too apparently as I think its helped with the insulin resistance.

    I'm liking eating kippers again, had some for breakfast with poached eggs, that was nicer actually than the mackerel I had for dinner.

  5. #135
    Saturn's Amethyst Lord Lavender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Enneagram
    479
    Socionics
    IEE None
    Posts
    6,382

    Default

    One healthy habit I've been getting into is journal writing as it helps me deal with emotions and worries in a constructive way. I've also been trying to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.

  6. #136
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,976

    Default

    Going to exercise 2 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time. Thats the goal and maybe maybe not Ill work up to more time or more frequent!

    Im excited.
    Likes Lord Lavender, Dreamer liked this post

  7. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post


    This guy has a great website too, there are good notes accompanying the youtubes, there's a lot of health and other good information on sleeping and intermittant fasting, which I'm thinking about giving a go this in coming month.

    Why Top Athletes Only Eat One Meal a Day
    Rhonda Patrick does a lot of interviews with experts in the field in addition to her own research, and she and her podcast guests have been discussing a lot about intermittent fasting and timing of meals as well as the content. I forget which of her podcast episodes had it, but the suggestion was that it's better to take an early dinner and not eat for a few hours before going to sleep because eating before sleeping primes you physiologically in a way that can interfere with sleep as well as leading to health problems related to how the nutrients get used. They said that when you wake up, you should be hungry and eat a nutritious breakfast.

    It might have been this episode. If not, probably one of the chronologically adjacent ones.

    In this one, at about 53:55, you can hear them talking about how it affects melatonin as well as insulin, and at 55:58 there's something else interesting. I don't have time to go back and try to find the excerpt I'm thinking of right now, but the whole discussion is extremely fascinating. They like to get detailed.

    Satchin Panda, Ph.D. on Time-Restricted Feeding and Its Effects on Obesity, Muscle Mass & Heart Health

  8. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    29,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    Rhonda Patrick does a lot of interviews with experts in the field in addition to her own research, and she and her podcast guests have been discussing a lot about intermittent fasting and timing of meals as well as the content. I forget which of her podcast episodes had it, but the suggestion was that it's better to take an early dinner and not eat for a few hours before going to sleep because eating before sleeping primes you physiologically in a way that can interfere with sleep as well as leading to health problems related to how the nutrients get used. They said that when you wake up, you should be hungry and eat a nutritious breakfast.

    It might have been this episode. If not, probably one of the chronologically adjacent ones.

    In this one, at about 53:55, you can hear them talking about how it affects melatonin as well as insulin, and at 55:58 there's something else interesting. I don't have time to go back and try to find the excerpt I'm thinking of right now, but the whole discussion is extremely fascinating. They like to get detailed.

    Satchin Panda, Ph.D. on Time-Restricted Feeding and Its Effects on Obesity, Muscle Mass & Heart Health
    It would seem to fit with the old sayings about breakfast like a king, lunch like a commoner, dinner like a pauper.

    I think the point of it though is to have long stretches between meals during which there is not the constant grazing, plus the aim of one meal a day, I've followed paleo bloggers before now who have tried hard to create true randomisation in their diets in terms of single days or even more protracted periods of fasting or scarcity in order to try and reflect a diet of a hunter-gatherer, of course there is also room in that idea for feasting too, although I honestly do not know how you could achieve true random and not simply fall into a pattern again, a bad pattern in all likelihood of an unstructured diet characterised by intermittent grazing of the kind you're trying to avoid.

  9. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    It would seem to fit with the old sayings about breakfast like a king, lunch like a commoner, dinner like a pauper.
    I heard, "Eat your breakfast alone, share your lunch with your friends, and share your dinner with your enemies."




    Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    I think the point of it though is to have long stretches between meals during which there is not the constant grazing, plus the aim of one meal a day, I've followed paleo bloggers before now who have tried hard to create true randomisation in their diets in terms of single days or even more protracted periods of fasting or scarcity in order to try and reflect a diet of a hunter-gatherer, of course there is also room in that idea for feasting too, although I honestly do not know how you could achieve true random and not simply fall into a pattern again, a bad pattern in all likelihood of an unstructured diet characterised by intermittent grazing of the kind you're trying to avoid.
    Not so much the point of her podcast interviews, except for the idea of letting the digestive system rest at night so it's not processing constantly. I don't think she's a paleo advocate exactly, either, but she does promote eating a lot of raw broccoli or steaming it but sprinkling mustard powder on it to add the nutrient back in. She's into sulfurophane and isothiocyanates, and I forget which one is which, but evidently broccoli (and mustard powder and other cruciferous vegetables) provide those and are beneficial for DNA repair, among other things.

    I don't think a randomly-timed diet would be ideal, because whether or not it's ancestral, if you don't eat, you're going to get hungry. It's better to eat when the good foods are easy to access rather than wait until you're hungry at a random time and have nothing to eat but fast-food.

    I've been eating broccoli lately.
    Likes Yuurei liked this post

  10. #140
    Noncompliant Yuurei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    I’ve been working very hard on my diet and excercise. Seeing some results but damn is it frustrating.

    Since I cut my caloris in half and cut out dairy- that seems to work for me. Don’t like sugar or junk food so completley cutting certain things is not nessecery-I have lost about 8 lbs in less than a month ( Yaaay!) BUT, I swear those rare occasions where I go out and eat a full meal ( for me, still a small amount compared to most) I instantly gain another 4 lbs back and it’s another 3 days to get rid of it.




    Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    I heard, "Eat your breakfast alone, share your lunch with your friends, and share your dinner with your enemies."






    Not so much the point of her podcast interviews, except for the idea of letting the digestive system rest at night so it's not processing constantly. I don't think she's a paleo advocate exactly, either, but she does promote eating a lot of raw broccoli or steaming it but sprinkling mustard powder on it to add the nutrient back in. She's into sulfurophane and isothiocyanates, and I forget which one is which, but evidently broccoli (and mustard powder and other cruciferous vegetables) provide those and are beneficial for DNA repair, among other things.

    I don't think a randomly-timed diet would be ideal, because whether or not it's ancestral, if you don't eat, you're going to get hungry. It's better to eat when the good foods are easy to access rather than wait until you're hungry at a random time and have nothing to eat but fast-food.

    I've been eating broccoli lately.
    These are both very good points.

    Oh and I don’t snack much at all but for some reason if I go more than three hrs without eating my stomach throws an epic fucking fit and tries to destroy us both.

    This was a huge problem for me. When my friend wasn’t working we’d spend all da6 out running errands. I’d forget to eat and by the time my stomach reached critical mass we were on the road and I either didn’t want to wait or did not have the money for a decent sit-down restaurant. The best I could get was Taco Time
    ( oh yah, Tice Time is WA only. Well, it’s the best fast food you could ask for. They are all about sustainable, local, fresh ect. But it is still full of salt and fat.)

Similar Threads

  1. The Official 2017 Healthy Habits Challenge/Goals!
    By kyuuei in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 12-25-2017, 04:57 PM
  2. The 2016 Healthy Habits Thread
    By kyuuei in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 553
    Last Post: 12-28-2016, 08:35 PM
  3. [NF] Emotional Challenges
    By proteanmix in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-07-2016, 04:21 PM
  4. Whole30 foods vs Traditional healthy habits
    By kyuuei in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-14-2013, 07:37 PM
  5. Healthy Eating Challenge!
    By Aquarelle in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 08:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO