• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2018 Healthy Habits Challenge!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I've started doing crunches as well. Between the close grip and wide push ups (250 wide, 100 close) I've really been blowing out my arms and chest so I haven't been able to go every day with them. I just wait until the soreness goes away before getting back to it.

I've also started incorporating crunches and 6 inch killers for my torso work. After the first day of that my tail bone was super sore so I've been putting a towel under my lower back when I do them.

Down 32.5lbs.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
A few goals:
Start calorie counting. I don't intend on getting super strict about it, but I want to be more cognizant of my intake.
Be more active. Specifically, I want to actively exercise as opposed to passively exercise. Like do more than walking long distances.
Remove soda from my diet. My soda drinking hasn't been excessive but I won't lose much by getting rid of it. (Except weight.)
Stand by more often. I think I am too quick to jump in and try to solve things. It leads to over extending myself.​

I've successfully removed soda from my diet. It was a little hard to fo whenever eating out, but I managed. Broke it during two special occasions, but I don't hold that against myself. While I do think I fell off it for a bit, being more passive and standing by has been working out. Calorie counting has been a fail, but it made me realize that I have a very irregular eating schedule and that I have no idea what a balanced meal looks like. The health class did give me a brief intro, but I'm switching this goal from "start calorie counting" to "educate myself on proper nutrition". Flat out didn't meet the exercise goal. Will try again this month.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm switching this goal from "start calorie counting" to "educate myself on proper nutrition".

That's healthier anyway. (This comes from someone who got overly obsessed with counting.)

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My healthy goal for this year is getting a driver’s license to facilitate driving out of the city and exploring natural areas, although there are alternatives up until then. I’m registering for some lessons for that next week. I’m terrified of driving, mainly in a self-conscious way of being afraid that I’m temperamentally unfit for it or can’t be good at it.
Registered.

#accountable

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Squat and Plank Challenge week 4 update

Last week, I did:

1,050 squats
21 minutes of planking

Tomorrow is my last day, so I'll be back with the tallies for the entire month, which will also include today which wasn't part of last week's numbers.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
K. Here it is.

Peter's Squat and Plank Challenge Totals

In the last 30 days, I did:

3,295 squats
53 minutes and 20 seconds of planking

Day 30 alone was:
250 squats
5 minute non-stop plank (I did switch between front, right, and left side at 2, 3, and 4 minutes respectively, and finished the last minute at front again, but NO dropping to the ground in between).

I plan on sustaining fitness by doing 50 weighted squats and a 3 minute plank 5 times a week, plus extra varied exercises to target all muscle groups.

My bf says my legs and abs look different already. :wubbie:

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
K. Here it is.

Peter's Squat and Plank Challenge Totals

In the last 30 days, I did:

3,295 squats
53 minutes and 20 seconds of planking

Day 30 alone was:
250 squats
5 minute non-stop plank (I did switch between front, right, and left side at 2, 3, and 4 minutes respectively, and finished the last minute at front again, but NO dropping to the ground in between).

I plan on sustaining fitness by doing 50 weighted squats and a 3 minute plank 5 times a week, plus extra varied exercises to target all muscle groups.

My bf says my legs and abs look different already. :wubbie:

i've been meaning to get in on the plank challenge as i actually love planks (i used it as currency during workouts with my trainer to get out of doing things i hated doing)

so... now you have inspired me to do this first thing in the morning.

i shall glorify and blame you for my burning body.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey look, it’s me doing my second Spartan Sprint:

Giving you the ol’ Blue Steel - and by that I mean, the ol’ mud-in-my-eyes.

Actually posting this to brag about two things. One, I could do 2-3 more obstacles this year than last year, AND could carry a much heavier bucket in the bucket carry*, AND my legs weren’t sore at all by the end (even though my upper body was wrecked). Two, this is the first time in my life that I’ve ever had visible arm muscles and I’m real proud.

*I accidentally carried the "elite" womens bucket weight, which meant that instead of 50-ish lbs (which I struggled a LOT with last year), I carried 70-80 lbs (which I KIND of struggled with but only because my arms were so sweaty that the bucket kept slipping).

Last edited:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Hey look, it’s me doing my second Spartan Sprint:

View attachment 20197

Giving you the ol’ Blue Steel - and by that I mean, the ol’ mud-in-my-eyes.

Actually posting this to brag about two things. One, I could do 2-3 more obstacles this year than last year, AND could carry a much heavier bucket in the bucket carry, AND my legs weren’t sore at all by the end (even though my upper body was wrecked). Two, this is the first time in my life that I’ve ever had visible arm muscles and I’m real proud.

I wish I could see the attachment.

Kas

Fabula rasa
It's my allergy season so I have problem with asthma again and as in August I want to go mountains, I need to get in much better form. I'm starting jogging today. I already was on my first 1,5 km run with some breathing difficulties, but usually with some work it's easily getting better. Aim is 2-3times per week jogging firstly 1-1,5km then 3,5-5km.

Also yesterday after having eating nearly nothing and then a lot of junky food I had terrible stomach ache, so I decided to eat better and more regularly.

Seems like today for me is begging of healthy habits 2018 .

Lark

I've been finding it really hard to get the steps during the hot, hot weather at the moment, I hate going outdoors and my hayfever is off the chart.

So my steps are down to about the average for someone my age, which is above 5,000 but not between 10,000 and 20,000 as I like to have it. :(

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My healthy goal for this year is getting a driver’s license to facilitate driving out of the city and exploring natural areas, although there are alternatives up until then. I’m registering for some lessons for that next week. I’m terrified of driving, mainly in a self-conscious way of being afraid that I’m temperamentally unfit for it or can’t be good at it.
It is done.

#stillaccountable

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Been engaging in physical activity at least hour per day to gain stamina and improve posture. I hope to also get more muscular definition (especially abs).