User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    The Rock eats a ton of cod. A couple pounds a day. It's my favorite fish to have on a regular basis but I would get sick of having to stop what I'm doing and eat that often the way he does.
    I love Cod too, particularly battered Cod with chips, I wish it hadnt gotten over fished because it used to be a cheap fish but now its mad rarer and mackerel is about the only cheap fish, kipper maybe aswell but Cod used to be where it was at and cheap into the bargain. Not so now.

The Rock is my inspiration, especially now he's gotten even bigger for roles like Road Block in GI Joe, apparently all the different roles he has done in which he was "a fat kid who stayed in his room", like Terry in Brooklyn 99 or Everyone Hates Chris, had some basis in fact, or so he's said, maybe it is just a story but I like to think that with enough work and the right information I could get fit too, maybe not exactly like those guys but you got to have dreams right?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

After reading up more in IF, I decided to try it and see how it works. I stop eating at 8pm and eat again around 12pm the next day. 16 hours of fasting and 8 hours of eating each day. So basically just skipping breakfast. I usually eat breakfast at lunch with additional fruits and vegetables as I love breakfast foods.

The Beginner's Guide to Intermittent Fasting
    The Good and The Bad of Intermittent Fasting: 2 Years of Experiments

Nothing I read said anything about changing healthy eating habits so I didn't add another day of vegetarian but I did add one more day of weights. I'm down 9 lbs since Christmas, although I wasn't really shooting for weight loss as much as strength training with weights but I'll take it. It's not hard at all to me (I do have black coffee, just nothing with calories). There are other kinds of fasting but this one is easy since you sleep for the majority of it. I would recommend it to anyone but check with a doctor. I sent mine an email with the links and she said - cool, let me know how it goes.

I've never even heard of taking a dry month until I heard it here. I apparently just had a dry January but not on purpose. Maybe I'll have a beer Thursday.
    Haha, I know I have dry months all the time. I did have a mojito with a friend as they told me about their honeymoon in costa rica.

So far IF has helped me out with both not feeling so stressed out about meals and, from what I can tell, I am eating slightly less. This month I don't care so much if I drink calories or not just like last month, but I've narrowed the window from 10 hours to 8-9 on my own in January. By 1pm I'm grumbling, but right now it's 9pm and I only had a couple snacks and a single meal and I'm full as can be.

Let me know how it does for you, so far it's treated me really well to not have to even worry about breakfast, planning it out, etc. and I don't seem to notice any decrease in my energy, increased headaches or irritability either. I used to get really hangry by noon, now noon rolls by and I'm like "Oh, cool."

I do want to start tracking my food to see if I'm eating healthy meals overall this month, and see if I can't adjust it. I started today and hit right at 1242 calories roughly not including drinking 3-4 cups of milk which probably boosted it up to 1500ish calories. I didn't track all of this until the end of the day just now, but it is good to know I'm stopping at an appropriate amount of calories on my own! Now, what I am eating could use some improvement, but overall.. can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    I love Cod too, particularly battered Cod with chips, I wish it hadnt gotten over fished because it used to be a cheap fish but now its mad rarer and mackerel is about the only cheap fish, kipper maybe aswell but Cod used to be where it was at and cheap into the bargain. Not so now.

The Rock is my inspiration, especially now he's gotten even bigger for roles like Road Block in GI Joe, apparently all the different roles he has done in which he was "a fat kid who stayed in his room", like Terry in Brooklyn 99 or Everyone Hates Chris, had some basis in fact, or so he's said, maybe it is just a story but I like to think that with enough work and the right information I could get fit too, maybe not exactly like those guys but you got to have dreams right?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Does anyone have any lists of good pages to like or subscribe to on Facebook for fitness or positive thinking?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Haha, I know I have dry months all the time. I did have a mojito with a friend as they told me about their honeymoon in costa rica.

So far IF has helped me out with both not feeling so stressed out about meals and, from what I can tell, I am eating slightly less. This month I don't care so much if I drink calories or not just like last month, but I've narrowed the window from 10 hours to 8-9 on my own in January. By 1pm I'm grumbling, but right now it's 9pm and I only had a couple snacks and a single meal and I'm full as can be.

Let me know how it does for you, so far it's treated me really well to not have to even worry about breakfast, planning it out, etc. and I don't seem to notice any decrease in my energy, increased headaches or irritability either. I used to get really hangry by noon, now noon rolls by and I'm like "Oh, cool."

I do want to start tracking my food to see if I'm eating healthy meals overall this month, and see if I can't adjust it. I started today and hit right at 1242 calories roughly not including drinking 3-4 cups of milk which probably boosted it up to 1500ish calories. I didn't track all of this until the end of the day just now, but it is good to know I'm stopping at an appropriate amount of calories on my own! Now, what I am eating could use some improvement, but overall.. can't complain.
    My Fit Bit has a food tracker but I like Eat This Much better. The Automatic Meal Planner
    - Eat This Much
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Lark liked this post

My Fit Bit has a food tracker but I like Eat This Much better. The Automatic Meal Planner
    - Eat This Much
    I used My Fitness Pal for a while, its still on my phone I think, which had a calorie calculator on it but it was a bit of a chore to work.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I used My Fitness Pal for a while, its still on my phone I think, which had a calorie calculator on it but it was a bit of a chore to work.
    It might be a chore but you have no idea how much you eat until you log food. Plus I often repeat meals so since it's already in the database, it's easy to log.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

- Eat This Much
    That one looks fairly cool actually. I think my sister would like it. I'm a cheap-o and just use a draft email and type it in with the calories by hand.. XD

MFP is super popular, but I found it exhausting honestly. I thought it was actually faster to type things in by hand in an email with the date and use a quick calculator to add up the calories. I'm more just seeing if I am eating too much or too little vs trying to hit a certain goal so its better for me to tally things up later.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

It might be a chore but you have no idea how much you eat until you log food. Plus I often repeat meals so since it's already in the database, it's easy to log.
    It is seriously, meh.

Can you put youtube or other channels on my LG TV? I dont know how to do that too.

That one looks fairly cool actually. I think my sister would like it. I'm a cheap-o and just use a draft email and type it in with the calories by hand.. XD

MFP is super popular, but I found it exhausting honestly. I thought it was actually faster to type things in by hand in an email with the date and use a quick calculator to add up the calories. I'm more just seeing if I am eating too much or too little vs trying to hit a certain goal so its better for me to tally things up later.
    I think of it as being similar to spot training or having a leg day, chest day, should day for lifting, I understand that that works for some people and if I ever got that ripped that I was training a specific part of my body I'd be happy as larry but for the now, actually getting to the gym as often as possible is good to great.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Apparently we aren't the only people that find it humorous.

Dry January Diary: What Giving Up Alcohol Can Do for You | The New Yorker

Haha Days 14-19.