User Tag List

First 3111213

Thread: ADHD

Quote Originally Posted by Lia_kat View Post
    I have a few questions for you guys. Please let me know your thoughts/opinions.
    Nice questions. I'd like to answer. For clarity's sake, what do you mean about when the 'thoughts stop'? From how you phrase it, it seems that you can either mean the stop of the flow of thoughts, meaning you are thinking or focusing only on the present task (which is still a thought), or did you mean just the entire stop of thoughts- completely blank, going on autopilot? (or either?)
    S K Yγ€€K I N G
    It is said to have lived for hundreds of millions of years in the earth's ozone layer, above the clouds.
    Its existence had been completely unknown because it lived so high in the sky.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    Nice questions. I'd like to answer. For clarity's sake, what do you mean about when the 'thoughts stop'? From how you phrase it, it seems that you can either mean the stop of the flow of thoughts, meaning you are thinking or focusing only on the present task (which is still a thought), or did you mean just the entire stop of thoughts- completely blank, going on autopilot? (or either?)
    Thanks. I meant focusing only on the present task. Sorry for the confusion. Looking forward to your answers!
    "..But my dreaming self refuses to be consoled."- M.Atwood
    tumblr | instagram

Answers to Lia_kat's questions.
    S K Yγ€€K I N G
    It is said to have lived for hundreds of millions of years in the earth's ozone layer, above the clouds.
    Likes Lia_kat liked this post

Amethyst's Snowqueen Bismuth Blitz's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    964 sp/so

Not to self diagnose, but I do wonder if I have this. My therapist thinks it's a good possibility, been talking to people about it and they think I should get tested. I got screened at the doctor's for it, except they never told me if I had it or not???

It's hard to for me to do anything without music, which apparently is an ADHD thing. I make little mistakes constantly and I've had this pacing habit since I was a kid. People are always like, "Why don't you sit down??", and I'm just too antsy to sit down. Besides classes, I don't even have the attention span to watch a movie or read a book half the time. I explained to my therapist that it feels like my mind is speeding a mile a minute, and yet when I'm asked what's on my mind I forget almost everything. It may or not be ADHD, but whatever it is it's getting annoying. I'm planning on seeing a doctor for it in January though.
    But then came the Tongues on that terrible day
    Steadfast as winter, they entered the fray
    And all heard the music of Alduin's doom
    The sweet song of Skyrim, sky-shattering Thu'um

βœΊπ”Έπ•žπ•–π•₯𝕙π•ͺ𝕀π•₯ π”Έπ•£π•”π•™π• π•Ÿ, π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•—π•šπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•₯ 𝕛𝕖𝕨𝕖𝕝 π•šπ•Ÿ 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•π•’π•Ÿπ••, 𝕒 π•™π•šπ••π••π•–π•Ÿ π•₯𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕀𝕦𝕣𝕖. 𝕀 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕀𝕠 π•žπ•¦π•”π•™ 𝕓𝕖𝕀π•₯π•šπ•– ✺
    Likes Lia_kat, ThisName liked this post

Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    :(: None

@Lia_kat

@Bismuth Blitz a doctor isn't able to screen you. Unless you mean your psychiatrist? I don't know how it works in your country, but to get an official diagnosis you usually have to take various tests. In total these tests might take three hours or more to finish them.
    But it wouldn't be a bad idea to get tested indeed. How was middle school and high school for you? And socializing?

@Earl Grey. Some parts you described (such as picking up the pencil) sound like Executive Dysfunction. (Or maybe it's just the same as brain fog? Not sure rn)
    β€œI can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”

- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
    Likes Bismuth Blitz, Lia_kat liked this post

Amethyst's Snowqueen Bismuth Blitz's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    964 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ThisName View Post
    @Lia_kat

@Bismuth Blitz a doctor isn't able to screen you. Unless you mean your psychiatrist? I don't know how it works in your country, but to get an official diagnosis you usually have to take various tests. In total these tests might take three hours or more to finish them.
    But it wouldn't be a bad idea to get tested indeed. How was middle school and high school for you? And socializing?

Ahhh yeah, psychiatrist I mean. Like I'm getting a referral. Middle school and high were a mess. I was pretty lonely especially in high school-was quiet and had trouble relating to people. I wasn't the best at schoolwork and it sucks because I was all gifted in stuff in elementary stuff and I love learning. But I just went downhill somehow. I zoned out a lot, took forever to write things, wasn't good at math, wasn't good at keeping organized. I doodled a lot in class and I still do today.
    But then came the Tongues on that terrible day
    Steadfast as winter, they entered the fray
    And all heard the music of Alduin's doom
    The sweet song of Skyrim, sky-shattering Thu'um

βœΊπ”Έπ•žπ•–π•₯𝕙π•ͺ𝕀π•₯ π”Έπ•£π•”π•™π• π•Ÿ, π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•—π•šπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•₯ 𝕛𝕖𝕨𝕖𝕝 π•šπ•Ÿ 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•π•’π•Ÿπ••, 𝕒 π•™π•šπ••π••π•–π•Ÿ π•₯𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕀𝕦𝕣𝕖. 𝕀 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕀𝕠 π•žπ•¦π•”π•™ 𝕓𝕖𝕀π•₯π•šπ•– ✺

Quote Originally Posted by ThisName View Post
    @Earl Grey. Some parts you described (such as picking up the pencil) sound like Executive Dysfunction. (Or maybe it's just the same as brain fog? Not sure rn)
    Nice catch! It is! ADHD is one of the many disorders that impair executive functioning. I actually found an article about executive dysfunction before I was diagnosed with ADHD, and it was something that actually helped me with- not as much realize that something wasn't normal (I'm as abnormal as a pink elephant, can't be missed) but exactly what and how. Helped me chart and note down my symptoms to get a very swift diagnosis.
    S K Yγ€€K I N G
    Likes ThisName liked this post

Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    :(: None

Quote Originally Posted by Bismuth Blitz View Post
    Ahhh yeah, psychiatrist I mean. Like I'm getting a referral. Middle school and high were a mess. I was pretty lonely especially in high school-was quiet and had trouble relating to people. I wasn't the best at schoolwork and it sucks because I was all gifted in stuff in elementary stuff and I love learning. But I just went downhill somehow. I zoned out a lot, took forever to write things, wasn't good at math, wasn't good at keeping organized. I doodled a lot in class and I still do today.
    It's strange that they never talked to you again about it? Some psychiatrists just suck tho.

That generally sounds like AD(H)D. Though some things might also be related to ASD. There's a big overlap between the symptoms of ASD and ADHD, there's a big correlation/comorbidity too. With so many mental illnesses/disorders... It's sometimes hard to distinguish what these symptoms could relate to. So that's why it's important to find yourself a good doctor. They will normally also interview someone who has known you as a kid, be it a parent, caretaker,... So they can get the whole 'picture'.
    β€œI can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”

- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
    Likes Bismuth Blitz liked this post