• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sweet-Tooth Brands for Health-Conscious Peeps

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I have been calorie counting for about a week (which is going decently -- I've been sticking to a 1600-calorie intake balanced by exercise), but as part of that I admittedly like my sweet snacks and do not entirely want to drop them.

At the moment, aside from an occasional Lifesaver, I have treated myself with Outshine fruit bars (which are in the 50-60 calorie range), Skinny Cow products, etc., and just watched my intake so I don't eat much of that in a given day.

Still, I love ice creams and chocolate and a whatever else in that category. (At the moment, I have cut Oreos out entirely.)

A friend of mine was all excited about these ice cream pints, brand Arctic Zero -- usually only about 150 calories for an entire freaking pint -- and she was claiming how great it tasted. Well, I bought one today (chocolate peanut butter), and... ugggh. It tastes like watered-down ice milk... the flavor is pretty minimal, and the texture is icey, not creamy. Anyway, unless they have some other better flavors, I'm not really gonna depend on Arctic Zero. Skinny Cow's stuff is pretty good, albeit more of a "reduced calorie" than "limited calorie" snack. My friend is half-Asian and grew up shopping at Asian stores, and I have noticed that Asian snacks/desserts are a lot less sweet than what I am used to in terms of raw American indulgence (I don't like those snacks as much as the hardcore sugar stuff)... so maybe that makes the Arctic Zero ice cream more palatable to her but not to me.

But mainly I'm just asking for other snack brands that might be worth checking out. I might have to just resort to treating myself on occasion (moderation is the key) to the "real thing" versus trying to find satisfaction in inferior-tasting snacks. I am getting a pretty good sense of how much food and what types I can eat on a given day, to keep my calorie intake under control, but it would be nice to not have to go completely sweet-less.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I have been calorie counting for about a week (which is going decently -- I've been sticking to a 1600-calorie intake balanced by exercise), but as part of that I admittedly like my sweet snacks and do not entirely want to drop them.

At the moment, aside from an occasional Lifesaver, I have treated myself with Outshine fruit bars (which are in the 50-60 calorie range), Skinny Cow products, etc., and just watched my intake so I don't eat much of that in a given day.

Still, I love ice creams and chocolate and a whatever else in that category. (At the moment, I have cut Oreos out entirely.)

A friend of mine was all excited about these ice cream pints, brand Arctic Zero -- usually only about 150 calories for an entire freaking pint -- and she was claiming how great it tasted. Well, I bought one today (chocolate peanut butter), and... ugggh. It tastes like watered-down ice milk... the flavor is pretty minimal, and the texture is icey, not creamy. Anyway, unless they have some other better flavors, I'm not really gonna depend on Arctic Zero. Skinny Cow's stuff is pretty good, albeit more of a "reduced calorie" than "limited calorie" snack. My friend is half-Asian and grew up shopping at Asian stores, and I have noticed that Asian snacks/desserts are a lot less sweet than what I am used to in terms of raw American indulgence (I don't like those snacks as much as the hardcore sugar stuff)... so maybe that makes the Arctic Zero ice cream more palatable to her but not to me.

But mainly I'm just asking for other snack brands that might be worth checking out. I might have to just resort to treating myself on occasion (moderation is the key) to the "real thing" versus trying to find satisfaction in inferior-tasting snacks. I am getting a pretty good sense of how much food and what types I can eat on a given day, to keep my calorie intake under control, but it would be nice to not have to go completely sweet-less.

It may not be the type of sweet you're looking for but PB2 is great for dessert shakes. I put nonfat plain greek yogurt in with some chocolate almond milk, ice and blend and it tastes great.