• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Corset training: Would you do it?

diccs

Here's a neat trick for you inexperienced ladies:

Go to your local home depot and pick up some green paint. It doesn't matter which brand you pick, just as long as it's green. Stir it up real good with your paint brush, remove the excess and erase those extra sides away! It's as simple as one-two-three!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Barbaric BS. NO. Let's see men reshape their bodies with bone cages to fit what women find sexy :dry: .
The ideal whr was not so uncommon half a century ago. The exaggerated hourglass is not the same as the ideal whr.
My whr is .68 and I don't appear extremely curvy at all. Corsets usually create an exaggerated hourglass look.

I think if the extreme hourglass body was so desirable, then we'd see more of it in nature, and instead it's relatively uncommon. Why do men keep picking women who aren't extreme hourglass shapes to reproduce with and pass on their genes? I can tell you that having close to the ideal whr (or even a bit curvier) doesn't give any advantage in terms "mating". It may give health advantages, but no one is chasing me down simply because I have a small waist...

Now the increasing prevalence of no defined waist or the extreme apple shape obviously have to do with diet and sedentary lifestyles. I guess you can go the Christina Hendricks route and create a faux hourglass look with a corset/girdle, but getting in shape seems the smarter option; why fake good health when you can BE in good health?

However, the exaggerated hourglass has always required artificial "enhancement" of some kind, demonstrating how it's not the natural look for a woman. Nowadays they have lipo, cool-sculpting, tummy tucks, Brazilian butt lifts, and injecting fat strategically to create the exaggerated hourglass look. It results in the ridiculous Kim Kardashian look. The body looks pieced together in a laboratory....

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Barbaric BS. NO. Let's see men reshape their bodies with bone cages to fit what women find sexy :dry: .
Don't give Rich Piana any ideas! I'm already worried that he'll start injecting synthol into his scrotum! ;)

Mole

Permabanned
Corsets strive to create the 'golden' 0.7 waist-to-hip ratio that's socially deemed as a desirable trait in women in terms of attractiveness. A lot of clothing styles have a similar aim, albeit more subtle. I guess it's about symmetry/balance.

Over literally millions of years of hominid natural selection males have learnt unconsciously that the golden 0.7 hip to waist ratio means the female is fertile.

And because it is unconscious, it is all the more powerful, and women will not only wear corsets to mimic the golden ratio, they will starve themselves to death with anorexia to achieve the golden ratio.

It is important to point out that over millions of years of hominid natural selection males have automatically and unconsciously learnt calculate down to the millimetre the hip to waist ratio of the female.

This is the male gaze, and it is entirely unconscious, and without it we wouldn't be here.

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm totally open to it and very curious about it. I'll try anything once. I've already altered my waistline though by weightlifting. It radically reduced my waistline, especially since my abs are now developed. I have done a few photo shoots in a corset though and really enjoyed it. I think if someone is educated in it then it's totally up to them to do it... I ain't yo mama 🤷🏻bless♀️

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I can see one of the athletic ones because it helps you keep your attention on your abs and keeping them tight as you should when you exercise. All that said, I have a soft spot for them because I have a natural hourglass shape. They look hot and I don't see the harm in wearing them some of the time. Properly fitted, they are comfortable and supportive.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean, I think most women have an "hourglass" figure but maybe not to the extent of Kim K... And taken to extremes it looks kinda strange and gross.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, I wouldn't. It seems quite unhealthy and painful. I get that many woman feel the strong need to as physically attractive that they can possibly be because of society's pressure, but still, it is a shitty idea.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suck my gut in when I'm walking around. It's good exercise for my abs since I'm too lazy to actually hit a gym and I'm one of those people blessed with the appearance of being slender even when my BMI is too high, meaning my weight only shows in my belly, not so much in my face and other areas. It's a genetic trait inherited from my tall northern European ancestors alongside our higher risk for skin cancer.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Am I the only person here asking, what is a hourglass shape figure and why is it such a big deal?

Last edited:

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
they make male corsets... i am not sure how often they are more than a fashion accessory... i guess i don't really see the point of a male corset, given that the shape produced isn't sought after in males (to the best of my knowledge)... most of the male corsets aren't visually appealing to me (in and of themselves)... i don't have a gut to combat, so (all in all) i can see little reason for me to adopt one personally... i don't see any problem with "light training" but i think the people who take it seriously often do at their own detriment (at least in matters of health)... i think they look nice on women (as a fashion accessory) regardless of wether they are tight enough to condition the body... i think if i was female and i desired further curves, it is possible i would consider minor modification through these means, given that the shape does tend to have a link to sexual desirability for some people... i think if the practice if self inflicted (by an adult) , it is their own business... i personally find the shape induced by these practices attractive if not taken to an extreme, though the mental processes (as i percieve them) that lead to such modification are (in and of themselves) are less than attractive... i wouldn't encourage a partner to adopt corset training even if i felt it would lead to a more pleasing (to me) form... i would prefer to have a healthy partner, and if they were currently engaged in "training" i can picture myself politely and rarely suggesting that they give it up... as changes becamee more prominent, i think my subtlty and rarity of requests would change due to concern for their well being...

and yes, perhaps it is a bit hypocritical of me to suggest that the attitudes leading to this behavior are unattractive, due to the admission that i would not be above such behavior if i thought it was a desirable thing for me to do...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Corset training = no

I think some are artistically beautiful to look at, but I wouldn't distress my body for one.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
waist-hips-ratio.jpg

Corsets strive to create the 'golden' 0.7 waist-to-hip ratio that's socially deemed as a desirable trait in women in terms of attractiveness. A lot of clothing styles have a similar aim, albeit more subtle. I guess it's about symmetry/balance.

I was fortunate enough to have been born with pretty wide pelvic bones (34" around at the iliac crest), & a thin, lanky frame (& with that perceived blessing came the curse of hip dysplasia, so it ain't all it's cracked up to be). I already have the 0.7 hip/waist ratio naturally (37" - 25.5" by the above measuring guide). I don't really feel like I need to emphasize this much further, unless it was for a costume, or something. I'd just look cartoonish if I exaggerated my shape every day. Even if my proportions didn't align with the 'ideal' shape, I would prefer to strive for an overall healthy body, vs subject it to constant compression in an attempt to alter it for the sole purpose of attractiveness.

I have worn corsets for costumes, & when they're fitted well, they can be comfortable (a particularly well-fitted one I once had actually doubled as a spare back brace for me when I fractured my T7), but most are not going to be a custom fit. Most will mess with breathing, possibly blood circulation. They generally look & feel like crap. Compress one place only to have weird unnatural bulges someplace else, etc. You'll overheat easily from a combination of tight, usually nonbreathable material, & diminished lung capacity. No thx.

Corset-training as an everyday lifestyle choice is well established as unhealthy, as it often leads to atrophied core muscles, which can lead to a host of injuries throughout life. Muscle strains, disc herniations, abdominal hernia, etc. Floating ribs are at inscreased risk of fracture or perforating the peritoneum. Organs often shift upward in similar fashion to that of a pregnant woman. I'm sure many pregnant women can attest to a variety of digestive discomforts at their heaviest point, among other things.

The damage occurs over a number of years, so it's likely any success stories you'll see online for corset training will not have a long enough track record to expose the damage, or they otherwise may not be aware of it yet. There's always the chance for general bias, or ulterior motives like selling a specific product, as well.

Wear as a costume? Sure. Daily - it's not safe, practical, or even necessary. Love your shape, whatever it is, & strive to be as healthy as you can. That's beautiful.

^This. I did have a custom corset made for me, by a seamstress who specialized in it. Even when done to measurements it is difficult to wear on a daily basis and requires a specific routine in terms of dress and care. I don't knock those who do it within reason, and they can be fun to wear, but have no interest in waist training and think it's silly.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hell no.

I mean, I'm dysphoric in the first place so I wouldn't want a tinier waist. But the idea of wearing a waist trainer not only seems exceedingly uncomfortable, but it seems damaging.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. I wouldn't mind my waist being smaller, but I will not risk damaging my health for it.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Don't give Rich Piana any ideas! I'm already worried that he'll start injecting synthol into his scrotum! ;)
Looking back just now I realized Rich Piana died less than two months after I posted this. It turns out that reshaping your body with drugs is another way to wreck your organs. :wack:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looking back just now I realized Rich Piana died less than two months after I posted this. It turns out that reshaping your body with drugs is another way to wreck your organs. :wack:

I just googled him and he looks like the MMO character of someone who regularly gets bullied at school. How was it possible for one human to be so anatomically incorrect...

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I just googled him and he looks like the MMO character of someone who regularly gets bullied at school. How was it possible for one human to be so anatomically incorrect...
Some people have speculated that the movie version of Thanos was modeled after him, and I have to admit there's a certain resemblance. :laugh:

Speaking of bodybuilders, Roelly Winklaar apparently used a waist trainer in an effort to correct his case of "bubble gut" (aka Palumboism).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I might distress my body for one now. IDK. I might.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm sorry, I can't watch that video past 10 seconds.

I was a very athletic/skinny guy. I had lots of muscles, comparitively, and extremely little fat. I Could put one hand on my back and one on the stomach and feel my hands from the opposite sides. 173cm, 70kg and my stomach was so ridiculously non-existent you wouldn't believe. I was 60kg at some earlier time and my stomach size was even more riduculous at that time.

Afterwards I progressed to style where I ate more, had more muscle and fat.

I would never flatten my thigh/stomach area in any direction anymore, except by healthy eating.