• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gluten Sensitivity

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is a new thing (possibly old thing and I just never realized) I'm dealing with now.

Anyone else have this issue? Want to offer tips to a young padawan trying to navigate a gluten-free life?

Dorito

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a semi-mild gluten insensitivity. I won't notice much if I have one gluteny thing, but you can pick up a trend, if I don't make sure to avoid it, I have stomach issues, inflammation, and skin problems, as well as it triggers depressive stints in me. Basically, I just eat a lot of meat and vegetables, and don't do bread and pastries, or many cereals, etc. The only issue I have is low fiber intake.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a semi-mild gluten insensitivity. I won't notice much if I have one gluteny thing, but you can pick up a trend, if I don't make sure to avoid it, I have stomach issues, inflammation, and skin problems, as well as it triggers depressive stints in me. Basically, I just eat a lot of meat and vegetables, and don't do bread and pastries, or many cereals, etc. The only issue I have is low fiber intake.

I'm in a similar boat right now. Fortunately their are TONS of gluten-free food items at the grocery store but I'm always on the go so I don't always have enough time to sit down, cook, and eat something. Finding enough calories in the day is a challenge sometimes :(

Dorito

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm in a similar boat right now. Fortunately their are TONS of gluten-free food items at the grocery store but I'm always on the go so I don't always have enough time to sit down, cook, and eat something. Finding enough calories in the day is a challenge sometimes :(

You don't have to tell me. I have zero time to cook or prepare. So I always eat on the go. What I do is eat vietnamese food for lunch, like Bun Bo Nam Bo, which is my favorite, or just do some vegan Indian food and avoid the gluteny things. It's a pain. Make your own protein bars, and instead of using oats, use rice puffs. Works quite well and keeps you satiated.