• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pep Talk Diary for Weight Loss

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Shit, I should do this again - consistently!!! (Yeah, right, as if)! But I'll give it a shot.

Warm up with 10 minutes of rowing on rowing machine.

Making progress with weights too (45-60 minutes, 3x 15-20 reps)

Bench press: 20 kg
Fly: 20 kg
Chin-up machine: 41 kg
Rowing: 15 kg
Cable machine (rowing squats): 80 kg
Cable machine (fly): 20 kg
Cable machine (expander): 30 kg
Leg press: 93 kg
Abductor: 40 kg
Adductor: 40 kg
Ab with cable machine and medicine ball: 40 kg

Today I went spinning for the first time - DAMN, that's hard!!! :D It's a great workout, though: I sweat like crazy!!!!!! :D

Ate pretty healthy:

Breakfast: 4 figs, 330 ml milk, protein bar
Lunch: 1 tomato/mozzarella salad with a bit of oil and herbs, whole grain bread roll, protein bar
Dinner: 1 mixed salad with dressing
Water: 1.5 liters, Juice: 0.3 L, Milk coffee: 330 ml

Eh, I should have drunk more water, but hell on wheels...:D Not bad...I've been working out consistently again for a month woo hoo...now, damn it, don't lose interest and stay on target!!!!!

I need a whip. Really. :shock:

Where's the food? I would starve to death and blow away. :D

Oh yes...more water. ;)

phoenity

Shit, I should do this again - consistently!!! (Yeah, right, as if)! But I'll give it a shot.

Warm up with 10 minutes of rowing on rowing machine.

Making progress with weights too (45-60 minutes, 3x 15-20 reps)

Bench press: 20 kg
Fly: 20 kg
Chin-up machine: 41 kg
Rowing: 15 kg
Cable machine (rowing squats): 80 kg
Cable machine (fly): 20 kg
Cable machine (expander): 30 kg
Leg press: 93 kg
Abductor: 40 kg
Adductor: 40 kg
Ab with cable machine and medicine ball: 40 kg

Today I went spinning for the first time - DAMN, that's hard!!! :D It's a great workout, though: I sweat like crazy!!!!!! :D

Ate pretty healthy:

Breakfast: 4 figs, 330 ml milk, protein bar
Lunch: 1 tomato/mozzarella salad with a bit of oil and herbs, whole grain bread roll, protein bar
Dinner: 1 mixed salad with dressing
Water: 1.5 liters, Juice: 0.3 L, Milk coffee: 330 ml

Eh, I should have drunk more water, but hell on wheels...:D Not bad...I've been working out consistently again for a month woo hoo...now, damn it, don't lose interest and stay on target!!!!!

I need a whip. Really. :shock:

I say whip it
Whip it good

So your goal with exercise is to increase strength and lose weight? Are you tracking your daily caloric intake, or just foods consumed?

You don't want to go too far into daily caloric deficit, especially with all the exercise you're doing. It will add up quickly and leave you mentally and physically fatigued, making it too easy to lose motivation, or burn out completely. Just make sure you listen to your body and you will know.

Spinning is an awesome exercise as well. A good instructor will make the time fly by, and having the support of a group really helps to push through the burn. It's also a great way to tone those sexy legs :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you can do it raw raw raw and all that shit!
cheerleader.gif

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I hope that at least one day a week you eat whatever you want. If you restrict your foods 7 days a week for any length of time you set yourself up for failure.

And just so you know, I don't consider all calories equal. :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hope that at least one day a week you eat whatever you want. If you restrict your foods 7 days a week for any length of time you set yourself up for failure.

And just so you know, I don't consider all calories equal. :D

Yep, I did today, which means I'm going to retain water like hell and put on one kilo in one day :( Nowadays I look at food and put on weight - it sucks.

What is my body's problem????

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
You're female. :D

And water weight is nothing to worry about, it can be removed quickly. Another thing, stop worrying about how much you weigh, worry about your measurements if you have to worry about something.

Most people's weight can fluctuate from day to day, why the hell would anyone want to use that as a measure of fat loss? Look at most women on "diets" they are neurotic from worrying about weight. :newwink:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're female. :D

And water weight is nothing to worry about, it can be removed quickly. Another thing, stop worrying about how much you weigh, worry about your measurements if you have to worry about something.

Most people's weight can fluctuate from day to day, why the hell would anyone want to use that as a measure of fat loss? Look at most women on "diets" they are neurotic from worrying about weight. :newwink:

:D My measurements are getting better.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good, think of it in those terms, not weight. :D

Well my ultimate goal is to lose weight but not for the sake of losing numbers. I would like to lose fat mass, which is why I'm lifting weights and doing cardio like a crazy nut. Ultimately, my goal is not really losing the number you see on the scale, but the percentage of that number that is fat. :yes:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Well my ultimate goal is to lose weight but not for the sake of losing numbers. I would like to lose fat mass, which is why I'm lifting weights and doing cardio like a crazy nut. Ultimately, my goal is not really losing the number you see on the scale, but the percentage of that number that is fat. :yes:

Ack!...Have you had your body-fat percentage calculated?

Just don't go off the deep end, doing too much is worse than not doing enough.

Maybe you should join our fitness/exercise group. :)

kazama1

There is a substantial market for products which promise to make weight loss easier, quicker, cheaper, more reliable, or less painful. These include books, CDs, cremes, lotions, pills, rings and earrings, body wraps, body belts and other materials, not to mention fitness centers, personal coaches, weight loss groups, and food products and supplements.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ack!...Have you had your body-fat percentage calculated?

Just don't go off the deep end, doing too much is worse than not doing enough.

Maybe you should join our fitness/exercise group. :)

Really? What do you think is 'enough'? I would like to join your group!!! :D

I'm totally clueless.

There is a substantial market for products which promise to make weight loss easier, quicker, cheaper, more reliable, or less painful. These include books, CDs, cremes, lotions, pills, rings and earrings, body wraps, body belts and other materials, not to mention fitness centers, personal coaches, weight loss groups, and food products and supplements.

ACK!! I don't believe in shit that says it can help you lose weight like crazy!!!!!!! Or stuff that makes your heart race and other stuff....

I have a membership at a fitness center that I often take advantage of, however...!

Any specific ideas? (No creatine or weird stuff).

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Really? What do you think is 'enough'? I would like to join your group!!! :D

I'm totally clueless.

ACK!! I don't believe in shit that says it can help you lose weight like crazy!!!!!!! Or stuff that makes your heart race and other stuff....

I have a membership at a fitness center that I often take advantage of, however...!

Any specific ideas? (No creatine or weird stuff).

Talk to Wolfy about the group, although I think you can just go to the page and join.

"Enough" is when you are still noticing improvement without having to increase your workload. When the improvement stops, then you can increase it. But many times people do too much, and hurt themselves, when less exercise would work much better. You have to allow time for your body to recover.

Creatine is actually one of the supplements that works. I have used it for years.

Looking forward to seeing you in the group. :D:hug:

Alyssa3

MBTI Type
yes
Enneagram
yes
benefit for wieght loss

hello every one my self Alyssa from us
I suggest for u some weight loss tipps

votamins
minerals
fruits
vege

good health benifts?

help with weight loss?

nameBRAND

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ahh much kudos for the discipline! I'm also on "diet" as well for training but just wanted to make some suggestions, though I dunno if it'll work for you =).

Although you wanted to cut major chunk of protein from your diet (I.E. protein bar and fish). Protein is good especially when you're hitting the gym to build more muscle. More muscle helps in cutting the calories. Fish and white meats are usually good =D. I also agree with the other statements of having 5 smaller meals a day compared to 2 -3. It gives more time for your body to burn off the calories and you won't feel starved throughout the day. Like instead of having that yougurt with your dinner. You could have it 2 hours before you go to bed. Try not to eat anything within that 2 hour window before bedtime =D.

Well I dunno if that'll help but it seems you're on the right track anyway, keep going :D