• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pep Talk Diary for Weight Loss

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
yup, once you get more acquainted with healthy foods you learn how to subconsciously mix and match, refrain from eating unnecessary things and you generally just get a good grasp on how to eat and how it affects you.

Olympic athletes like Michael Phelps expend an absurd amount of energy and they need the nutrients to replenish that. If you've ever seen the true life series about power lifters and bodybuilders you'll see why gaining muscle mass and maintaining it is a very challenging task. I think its also good motivation to work harder, because then you will get to eat more and if you work hard enough you can treat yourself more frequently with cheat meals and not have to be so self conscious.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I want Grayscale to be my dietician.

Grayscale, I'm befriending you for those purposes. :D

ALso remember, LL, that Phelps is 1) a dude and 2) huge. Talking about body composition even outside of Olympic level physical activity, please keep that in mind. He can and should eat a lot more calories than you to maintain his size.

TWO POUNDS OF PASTA A DAY? Holy --

My brother eats like that, he's also tall and an meso-endomorph. And he's NOT an Olympic level athlete. He's pretty sedentary. He once reached for a pack of cigarettes and it threw out his back so badly (mind you, he was 24 at the time) that he couldn't move and intensively visited a chiropractor for a few months.

Caloric wise, Phelps' diet might be fine for him but eventually even in people who exercise regularly, high cholesterol, high fat diets will catch up to you later in life. I agree with Grayscale, eat healthy and find foods that you can live with.

Suggestion -- instead of mayo, use yogurt. Add lots of herbs and seasonings to food -- often it's not "food" you want but *taste*. Add heat -- chilis, hot sauce, if you can stand it. Ever eaten a bland meal and really wanted to eat more, even though you're not technically really hungry anymore?

LL, I would also suggest weight lifting. Some people recommend less reps/lighter weights to "tone" as opposed to building muscle but I personally think for the average woman, it doesnt' matter. In fact, in terms of body composition, it's muscle tone that lends itself to looking good underneath your clothes. It's also strategic muscle training that adds curves, because unless you are obese, losing weight = *losing* curves for women. More muscle also means you can eat more calories.

I weight train much more than the average female and I don't think I'm 'bigger' for it.

I've also done the weight gain/weight loss thing (lost ~25 pounds or ~10 kg) and I NEVER thought I could do it. I love talking about this stuff and theory versus reality to interested parties and comparing notes so let's chat and I'll jump into this diary regularly.

And yes, I would suggest getting your body fat composition. Your fat/muscle percentages make a much bigger difference visually and life impact wise than just your height and weight.

I have seen women who on paper are similar height/weight to me but we (at least IMO) are very different sizes/shapes.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Listen to CzeCze, she sounds like she knows what she's talking about. I think one of the key things is getting over that roadblock of fearing weightlifting, especially for women.

These are a couple links to the bodybuilding site that I frequent. There is a lot of helpful information in there that is nicely gathered for you. I think its helpful because you don't have to go through the daunting task of searching for useful information through all the misinformed BS thats out there. The first link is just a short article about women and lifting and the second is a bodybuilding( don't worry there are a lot of women on there who are in similar positions to you) forum for women.

Bodybuilding.com - Tina Marina - Training Myths And The Female Athlete!

Female Bodybuilding - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Bodybuilding.com - Aimahn's BodySpace

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yup, once you get more acquainted with healthy foods you learn how to subconsciously mix and match, refrain from eating unnecessary things and you generally just get a good grasp on how to eat and how it affects you.

Olympic athletes like Michael Phelps expend an absurd amount of energy and they need the nutrients to replenish that. If you've ever seen the true life series about power lifters and bodybuilders you'll see why gaining muscle mass and maintaining it is a very challenging task. I think its also good motivation to work harder, because then you will get to eat more and if you work hard enough you can treat yourself more frequently with cheat meals and not have to be so self conscious.

Good point! Thanks so much! I will try my best to improve muscle mass.

ALso remember, LL, that Phelps is 1) a dude and 2) huge. Talking about body composition even outside of Olympic level physical activity, please keep that in mind. He can and should eat a lot more calories than you to maintain his size.

TWO POUNDS OF PASTA A DAY? Holy --

My brother eats like that, he's also tall and an meso-endomorph. And he's NOT an Olympic level athlete. He's pretty sedentary. He once reached for a pack of cigarettes and it threw out his back so badly (mind you, he was 24 at the time) that he couldn't move and intensively visited a chiropractor for a few months.

Caloric wise, Phelps' diet might be fine for him but eventually even in people who exercise regularly, high cholesterol, high fat diets will catch up to you later in life. I agree with Grayscale, eat healthy and find foods that you can live with.

Suggestion -- instead of mayo, use yogurt. Add lots of herbs and seasonings to food -- often it's not "food" you want but *taste*. Add heat -- chilis, hot sauce, if you can stand it. Ever eaten a bland meal and really wanted to eat more, even though you're not technically really hungry anymore?

LL, I would also suggest weight lifting. Some people recommend less reps/lighter weights to "tone" as opposed to building muscle but I personally think for the average woman, it doesnt' matter. In fact, in terms of body composition, it's muscle tone that lends itself to looking good underneath your clothes. It's also strategic muscle training that adds curves, because unless you are obese, losing weight = *losing* curves for women. More muscle also means you can eat more calories.

I weight train much more than the average female and I don't think I'm 'bigger' for it.

I've also done the weight gain/weight loss thing (lost ~25 pounds or ~10 kg) and I NEVER thought I could do it. I love talking about this stuff and theory versus reality to interested parties and comparing notes so let's chat and I'll jump into this diary regularly.

And yes, I would suggest getting your body fat composition. Your fat/muscle percentages make a much bigger difference visually and life impact wise than just your height and weight.

I have seen women who on paper are similar height/weight to me but we (at least IMO) are very different sizes/shapes.

Wow, you definitely added a lot of insight. Today, I started weight training - but only one round. Since I have had a back injury, I don't want to overdo it. On Monday, I will try two rounds.

It gives me courage to know that there are other women who have managed the same thing. Makes my goal seem much more doable and realitistic.

What percentage of body fat is 'good' for women?

I will also try the tips you gave for good 'tasting' food. Sounds awesome and I will give it a shot.

It would be *awesome* if you would be willing to contribute to my diary on a regular basis!!! :D

Listen to CzeCze, she sounds like she knows what she's talking about. I think one of the key things is getting over that roadblock of fearing weightlifting, especially for women.

These are a couple links to the bodybuilding site that I frequent. There is a lot of helpful information in there that is nicely gathered for you. I think its helpful because you don't have to go through the daunting task of searching for useful information through all the misinformed BS thats out there. The first link is just a short article about women and lifting and the second is a bodybuilding( don't worry there are a lot of women on there who are in similar positions to you) forum for women.

Bodybuilding.com - Tina Marina - Training Myths And The Female Athlete!

Female Bodybuilding - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Bodybuilding.com - Aimahn's BodySpace

Thank you very much for the links and tips. That's awesome!!! Whenever you have cool links like that please share them!!!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Uh oh - the reckoning - let's take account of the damage:

Breakfast:

1 protein bar (sorry but I had to like run out the door) 175 kcal
1 pear 75 kcal
330 ml multivitamin juice 166 kcal
1.5 L tea, plain (peppermint and camomile) 0 kcal
Total: 416 kcal

Snack:
250 ml low-fat milk (sorry I cannot find skim milk here yet) 120 kcal
1 protein bar (I was starving) 175 kcal
5 spelt animal crackers 50 kcal

Total: 345 kcal

Drink: Fitness drink 500 ml (Water plus flavoring) 60 kcal
Water: 500 ml 0 kcal
Total: 60 kcal

Lunch:

300 ml Kefir mix (150 ml Kefir, 150 ml cherry juice) 300 kcal
1 banana 120 kcal
1 apple 80 kcal
Total: 500 kcal

Dinner
1 salad with chicken strips (they were fried, damn it!!! ughhh if I had known that, I wouldn't have ordered it - I thought they were grilled) 500 kcal
1L water 0 kcal
Total: 500 kcal

Total daily amount: 500 + 500 + 60 + 345 + 416 = 1821 kcal

BLOODY HELL!!!!! Gahhhhh!!!

*sigh*

Daily activity:

10 minutes walking to bus stop: 35 kcal
5 minutes walking to work: 15 kcal
10 minutes walking to nail salon: 35 kcal
10 minutes walking to gym: 35 kcal
35 minutes elliptical machine (level 7, avg. 55 rotations) 415 kcal
15 minutes weight lifting (1 round): 50 kcal
10 minutes walking to train station: 35 kcal
30 minutes walking home: 115 kcal (?)

Total extra kcal burned: 735
BMR: 1100 x 1.2 = 1320
Total calories burned: 2055

Total calories burned - total calories eaten: 2055 - 1821 = 234 kcal

Okay, welllllllll - I can live with that! Must get rid of snacks!!! Damned snacks!!! Oh, yeah and it goes without saying - no fried chicken strips. DOH!

Soooo I wasn't that good of a girl today BUT the good news is that I was fairly active soooooo it wasn't that awful. Tomorrow I will try to be better. I bought myself a yummy tomato salad with onions and parsley and yummy oil and vinegar dressing to give it some kick!!!

;-) Eh, I hope I can stick to my diet now that my husband's back!!! :D

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Total extra kcal burned: 735
Total calories burned: 2055

Total calories burned - total calories eaten: 2055 - 1821 = 234 kcal

Okay, welllllllll - I can live with that! Must get rid of snacks!!! Damned snacks!!! Oh, yeah and it goes without saying - no fried chicken strips. DOH!

you are a fast learner, i didnt even need to point this out. :yes:

i think youre doing pretty damn good in terms of exercise, 735 is more than what most people who exercise regularly will do, just need to shave off those unnecessary calories (you know where they are)

in the as long as you have at least a little bit of a deficit, consider the day a success 'cause youre moving in the right direction. :)

im not an expert on this sort of thing in any stretch of the imagination, but hey, ISTPs know about everything right?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have nothing to add besides good luck and I just read the title of this thread as dirty pep talk for weight loss.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you are a fast learner, i didnt even need to point this out. :yes:

i think youre doing pretty damn good in terms of exercise, 735 is more than what most people who exercise regularly will do, just need to shave off those unnecessary calories (you know where they are)

in the as long as you have at least a little bit of a deficit, consider the day a success 'cause youre moving in the right direction. :)

im not an expert on this sort of thing in any stretch of the imagination, but hey, ISTPs know about everything right?

Thank you so much - yes, I have learned a lot from you and appreciate any further input you may have! :D :hug:

Mustard tastes way better on sandwiches and it has no calories fyi.

True!!!! Thanks for indicating that - I did not even think about it, and Germany makes really good spicy mustard, which gets back to what CC said about taste. :) Thanks, guys!

I have nothing to add besides good luck and I just read the title of this thread as dirty pep talk for weight loss.

;-) Maybe there are some dirty secrets for weight loss, but they probably go in another section of the forum. Heh heh, maybe I should start one there.

Yeahhhhh, that's a good question. I wonder if sex burns calories....I will start a topic there. Probably a stupid question, of course it does, but I wonder how many! ;-) It would definitely be more interesting than going to the gym. Hahahha, noooo, just kidding - of course I will go to the gym. :cool:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, Judgment Time.

Caloric Intake:

Breakfast/Brunch (yeah, I got up late):

1 can sardines in oil (125g total, 90g fish) 290 kcal
1/2 cheese pumpkin seed roll 120 kcal
100 g tomato salad 45 kcal
125 g green seedless grapes 85 kcal
1 tsp. honey 40 kcal
1.5 L black tea, no milk 0 kcal
Total: 580 kcal

Snack (sorry, folks, couldn't resist - the weather was great!!!)

1 Fruit bowl (3 scoops of ice cream with about 100 g fruit and 25g whipped cream and a tiny bit of sauce) 600 kcal (AHHHH!!!!)
1 cup black coffee 0 kcal
20 ml (a couple of sips) of milk coffee 50 kcal
Total: 650 kcal (whaaaa!)

Dinner (ehhh, I was good here!!!)

200 g red beet preserves 75 kcal
100 g pickles (cucumber preserves) 25 kcal
1 L fennel and camomile tea 0 kcal
Total 100 kcal (wooo hooo!)

Complete damage: 580 + 650 + 100 = 1330 kcal (Ehhh, not too bad!!!)

Activity Level (I was a lazy ass today - spent most of the day talking to hubby and enjoying the lovely weather) :

60 minutes walking (about 5 km/3 miles): 287 kcal
15 minutes moderate calisthenics: 74 kcal

Total burned: 361 kcal

Total burned: 1320 + 361 = 1681 kcal

Calories burned: 1681 - 1330 = 351 kcal (hehe, better than yesterday)

Okayyyyyy, so granted, I should have moved my ass more today AND I should not have eaten the ice cream (eh, salad would have been better, and some more protein) buuuuuut at least I did not eat so flipping MUCH! AND I had enough to keep my BMR intact. SO I guess I could call the day a success!!!!!!! :D

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Another woman who's lost 10 kg over here. :hi:

For me, the key (apart from exercise) was a drastic change of diet rather than eating less. I love food and I'm prone to comfort eating so I need to be able to indulge. The trick has been to reengineer my habits (and, admittedly, my taste buds) toward indulging in low-calorie foods. Basically, I eat a lot of vegetables, mostly in the form of salads. Salads can be excruciatingly dull or utterly delectable (CzeCze's point about taste applies here); it's a question of combining the right vegetables, lots of herbs and spices, some other taste givers including high-fat ones (e.g. sundried tomatoes, capers, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, olives, cheese) and a little bit of e.g. oil or low-fat yoghurt dressing. When you eat the right salads, you get to eat so much and feel so full that you hardly notice you're on a diet. (Well, not after the taste bud reengineering, anyway. :D)

Another thing that is helpful is to find low-calorie comfort foods. As I write I'm snacking on my staple, namely frozen corn (yes, I know, it's weird :blush:) which is really an ideal snack (not that I'm expecting to win anyone over :rolleyes:) since it takes time to eat and thus satisfies the oral fixation. ;) Relatively harmless snacks ftw!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Another woman who's lost 10 kg over here. :hi:

For me, the key (apart from exercise) was a drastic change of diet rather than eating less. I love food and I'm prone to comfort eating so I need to be able to indulge. The trick has been to reengineer my habits (and, admittedly, my taste buds) toward indulging in low-calorie foods. Basically, I eat a lot of vegetables, mostly in the form of salads. Salads can be excruciatingly dull or utterly delectable (CzeCze's point about taste applies here); it's a question of combining the right vegetables, lots of herbs and spices, some other taste givers including high-fat ones (e.g. sundried tomatoes, capers, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, olives, cheese) and a little bit of e.g. oil or low-fat yoghurt dressing. When you eat the right salads, you get to eat so much and feel so full that you hardly notice you're on a diet. (Well, not after the taste bud reengineering, anyway. :D)

Another thing that is helpful is to find low-calorie comfort foods. As I write I'm snacking on my staple, namely frozen corn (yes, I know, it's weird :blush:) which is really an ideal snack (not that I'm expecting to win anyone over :rolleyes:) since it takes time to eat and thus satisfies the oral fixation. ;) Relatively harmless snacks ftw!

Hey, that's awesome!!!! Congratulations for losing so much weight!!! :D It gives me a bit of courage to know that other people have managed to lose it as well. I will keep your tips in mind and definitely try to incorporate them into my diet. Tomorrow I think I won't eat much just because I don't have *time* to eat LOL. I'll have to work about 11 hours tomorrow.

Frozen corn??? You mean frozen corn that you cook in a pot or what do you mean exactly?

Thanks for the tips on how to add flavor because salads can become boring.

If you think of any other helpful tips, please let me know! :D

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Admittedly I wasn't that meticulous about my diet( I was blessed with a very forgiving metabolism) but I think one of the keys for me was just finding nutritious snacks that I could indulge in without to much concern, basically to tide my hunger over to the next solid meal or in place of my junk food cravings.

I found investing in low calorie and carb protein shakes was an excellent way for me to enjoy a snack and still get in a decent amount of protein and carbs. my goal was weight gain so I had to get a good amount of carbs in so I added some( you can adjust accordingly). The shakes were also something I could make quickly and they helped tremendously with the time they saved thinking about preparing meals and what not. Another benefit of the shakes is they can be easily timed for workout times so you get the maximum benefit for your muscle recovery.

Cereal and PB and J's( on whole wheat of course) were also key because they were very easy to make and also very nutritious. In the states there is a brand called Fiber One which is surprisingly tasty and very nutritious(packed with plenty of Fiber and not bad on the calories)

But basically the point I was trying to get across, and one that Economica thankfully brought up is just sort of actively looking for that staple comfort food that you know actually contributes to your dietary goals and is also something you look forward to. I think everybody would be lying if they say they 150% stuck to an ultra clean diet for a lengthy period of time, in fact most trainers sort of discourage that sort of extreme devotion( hollywood actors and athletes aside), but if you think of it as an active process of trying to find a balance with a great diet and always striving for more pleasing foods that can be accommodated to your diet you will be much happier.

Another point I wanted to add is that its very important to sort of step outside of the controlled schedule your on and just listen to your body, your moods, the mirror and acquaintances, friends and spouses to get a more accurate and fluid representation of your efforts. The scale can be maddeningly misleading. I remember when I first started working out the scale didn't move for like a month but I noticed the difference in my clothes and how I felt appearance wise, energy wise, and stomach moods.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Frozen corn??? You mean frozen corn that you cook in a pot or what do you mean exactly?

I mean frozen corn, in a bowl, eaten with a spoon like it was ice cream. :blush: (In case anyone out there actually wants to try it, I recommend organic corn. :yes:) My excuse is that my mother used to give it to me when I was hungry close to dinner time - so she's really the weird one, not me! :headphne:

If you think of any other helpful tips, please let me know! :D

I think my main tip is the change of focus from eating less (in terms of how often you eat and how full you get to feel) to changing your diet. Doing the right thing needs to become second nature, both in order for you to stick to it (I know I never managed to remain hyper-aware and diligent about my food intake for longer than it took for the next distraction (e.g. exams) to come along) and because even if you do lose the weight by counting calories, if you go back to your old eating habits once you've lost the weight, you'll just gain the weight again. For me, it was key that I had a no-turning-back realization that what I'd been eating up until then was the wrong kind of food for someone with my metabolism (which I think is average - compared to my sister and brother who have high metabolisms and pretty much have to eat ice cream all day (as my sister did one summer when she worked in an ice cream shop - I'm pretty sure she thinks it was worth it ;)) in order to gain anything). Besides, it's unnecessary to starve yourself; the satisfaction and, importantly, the don't-have-to-think-about-it normalcy of eating and of feeling full can be had if you simply eat the right things. (Compare the fullness feeling after some slices of white bread to the same amount of calories in vegetable form.) Once you've made the initial changes (which are admittedly difficult to figure out and implement), the weight will start to melt off almost effortlessly - and it will stay off!

You're obviously motivated right now - how about using that energy to figure out what you will need to say goodbye to (did someone say mayonnaise? :whistling: I'll take it one step further and say bread :2ar15: (except black bread)) and to find some salad and other vegetable recipes and some low-calorie comfort foods that you'll enjoy? :)

Another point I wanted to add is that its very important to sort of step outside of the controlled schedule your on and just listen to your body, your moods, the mirror and acquaintances, friends and spouses to get a more accurate and fluid representation of your efforts. The scale can be maddeningly misleading. I remember when I first started working out the scale didn't move for like a month but I noticed the difference in my clothes and how I felt appearance wise, energy wise, and stomach moods.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Ignore the scale, at least until you're no longer gaining any muscle. Focus on how you feel and on how your clothes fit you instead. :)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I mean frozen corn, in a bowl, eaten with a spoon like it was ice cream. :blush: (In case anyone out there actually wants to try it, I recommend organic corn. :yes:) My excuse is that my mother used to give it to me when I was hungry close to dinner time - so she's really the weird one, not me! :headphne:

I think my main tip is the change of focus from eating less (in terms of how often you eat and how full you get to feel) to changing your diet. Doing the right thing needs to become second nature, both in order for you to stick to it (I know I never managed to remain hyper-aware and diligent about my food intake for longer than it took for the next distraction (e.g. exams) to come along) and because even if you do lose the weight by counting calories, if you go back to your old eating habits once you've lost the weight, you'll just gain the weight again. For me, it was key that I had a no-turning-back realization that what I'd been eating up until then was the wrong kind of food for someone with my metabolism (which I think is average - compared to my sister and brother who have high metabolisms and pretty much have to eat ice cream all day (as my sister did one summer when she worked in an ice cream shop - I'm pretty sure she thinks it was worth it ;)) in order to gain anything). Besides, it's unnecessary to starve yourself; the satisfaction and, importantly, the don't-have-to-think-about-it normalcy of eating and of feeling full can be had if you simply eat the right things. (Compare the fullness feeling after some slices of white bread to the same amount of calories in vegetable form.) Once you've made the initial changes (which are admittedly difficult to figure out and implement), the weight will start to melt off almost effortlessly - and it will stay off!

You're obviously motivated right now - how about using that energy to figure out what you will need to say goodbye to (did someone say mayonnaise? :whistling: I'll take it one step further and say bread :2ar15: (except black bread)) and to find some salad and other vegetable recipes and some low-calorie comfort foods that you'll enjoy? :)

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Ignore the scale, at least until you're no longer gaining any muscle. Focus on how you feel and on how your clothes fit you instead. :)

Thank you so much! You're right, of course - I have to make a permanent change, or it's no use. I guess counting calories just reminds me that I'm keeping on track until I get the hang of it all.

Frozen corn??? Really? Ha, interesting - perhaps I shall try it too, if it really is yummy. I mean, I can't knock it til I try it right?

No bread??? At all??? Forever and ever??? Nooooooo please noooooo....Oh, okay, if I have to, then fine....:cry: What about multigrain or wholewheat bread??? I like those, and I don't know - but I don't think they are too bad, right?

Well I started today by getting rid of mayonnaise and butter - I think that's a step in the right direction! :D And I did not eat any sweets today at all (did I? no...I didn't).

I think you're right about the scale. I should look at the fat percentage anyway, shouldn't I?

Thanks once again for your help and support - I do appreciate it!!! :hug:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Caloric Intake:

Breakfast:

1 multigrain roll with pumpkin seeds 150 kcal
100 g light turkey breast 100 kcal
2 tablespoons mustard 50 kcal
1 pear 75 kcal

Total: 375 kcal

Snack:

500 ml A-C-E juice 205 kcal
1 protein bar 175 kcal
1L tea (camomile, peppermint) 0 kcal

Total: 308 kcal

Lunch:
1 apple 80 kcal
1 pear 75 kcal
300 g low-fat yogurt 240 kcal

Total: 395 kcal

In between:

500 ml water 0 kcal
1L fitness water 120 kcal

Total: 120 kcal

After-workout snack (I was starving folks)

1 protein bar 175 kcal
125 g grapes 85 kcal

Total: 260 kcal

Total damage: 375 + 308 + 395 + 120 + 260 = 1458

Calorie Expenditure:

Extra calories expended:
Walking (to bus, to work, to bank and back, to bus stop, back home = 55 minutes) 265 kcal
Elliptical trainer, 50 minutes, level 6, avg. 55 rotations a minute = 595 kcal
Weight lifting (15 minutes) 57 kcal
Calisthenics (15 minutes) 75 kcal

Total extra calories burned: 265 + 595 + 57 + 75 = 992 kcal

Total calories burned: 1320 + 992 = 2312 kcal

Total calories burned off: 2312 - 1458 = 854 kcal

Muhahahha - gettin' betta!!!!!!

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
economica and aimahn are right, although fat percentage is the important indicator (Understanding Your Body Fat Percentage) it moves rather slowly, so at least on a day-to-day basis, it's more useful to use your general overall feeling you get from being more energized, not as bloated, compliments from friends and better fitting into your clothes to motivate you to keep going.

and it looks like you've already got the basics down pat... as the other two stated, the key now will be to learn to eat a variety of foods, a long lasting diet is a balanced one.

some other "trick" food is sugarfree candy and gum, low cal frozen treats like otter-pops and fat-free fudsicles, and rice cakes. :yes:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
economica and aimahn are right, although fat percentage is the important indicator (Understanding Your Body Fat Percentage) it moves rather slowly, so at least on a day-to-day basis, it's more useful to use your general overall feeling you get from being more energized, not as bloated, compliments from friends and better fitting into your clothes to motivate you to keep going.

and it looks like you've already got the basics down pat... as the other two stated, the key now will be to learn to eat a variety of foods, a long lasting diet is a balanced one.

some other "trick" food is sugarfree candy and gum, low cal frozen treats like otter-pops and fat-free fudsicles, and rice cakes. :yes:

Thank you, that is true. I will try to work out as often as I can so that my fat ratio goes down and my muscle mass increases. Do you think I can do anything better to increase muscle mass or am I on the right track?

Yeah, I see what you mean with varying my diet. I think I will do some experimentation when I get on vacation. :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
By the way, I really want to thank all of you for your help and advice.

Today I almost did not go to the gym - but then I thought, SHIT, you're going to have to admit you were a lazy ass tonight, so I went to the gym, and look how good I was. :D This was such a good idea!!! And you all helped make it worthwhile, too! :yes:

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Thank you, that is true. I will try to work out as often as I can so that my fat ratio goes down and my muscle mass increases. Do you think I can do anything better to increase muscle mass or am I on the right track?

naw, it will develop naturally.

all i can say is be patient and stick to it, results will come. :)