User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear. The only thing that ever works for me is to put some water in my mouth and bend over as far as I can when I swallow it.

...yes whores, I know how that sounds.

Good luck man. I hope you feel better.
    NOSCE TE IPSUM. "Know thyself."
    Likes Avocado liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

The Baclofen does nothing.

I just want the hiccups to stop.

@Starry

Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    The Baclofen does nothing.

I just want the hiccups to stop.

@Starry

Sweetie, I wish there was something I could tell you but I don't know jack shit about hiccups. I mean, I believe the original purpose for this reflex is to exercise/strengthen the baby's diaphragm in utero so that they will be strong enough to breathe on their own once born.

^If it were me I would probably be meditating on that. I really like the suggestions to take up yoga. <-I have never looked but there must be tons of videos online or at your university library. There may be free community classes...many yoga instructors have a decent understanding of what happens to a person when they are out of balance.

Again, it really stands out to me that this is a reflex. I would be racking my brain trying to remember all that had changed for me around the time the hiccups started. What unprocessed stress or pain are you stuffing and your body is saying back to you..."Sorry...not going to let you do that this time. I'm going to irritate you until you work this out."... ?

Have you tried breathing exercises like others have suggested?

It's probably an old wives' remedy but supposedly a good scare or ejaculating helps.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

As you may know, I've had hiccups for months, now, and even though I've been to the doctor many times, they can find no physical cause for this curse I'm saddled with. It's not acid reflux, not a tumor, not a hernia, not electrolytes, and not nerves. Yet, I'm going hic-hic-hic and its hurting me at work since they started cutting my hours way down. I can no longer afford these expensive doctors visits, and I have tried all kinds of home remedies to stop these hiccups, but they will not go away. What other CHEAP thing can I try?

It's not that I'm unwilling to spend more money to fix the problem, I'm just not able.
    I am still hiccupping 2 years later. I have about 4-12 an hour (every 5-15 minutes).
    @Starry

The meditation hasn't helped. Nothing really helps.

The only thing that changed right before my hiccups started was my grandmother died. The hiccups started minutes after she was declared dead.

I am still hiccupping 2 years later. I have about 4-12 an hour (every 5-15 minutes).
    @Starry

The only thing that changed right before my hiccups started was my grandmother died. The hiccups started minutes after she was declared dead.
    I'm sorry about your annoying medical issue. I have one of those as well; an ongoing nuisance that subtly interferes with my life all the time.

I don't know what to do about either yours or mine.

Actually, I have an idea for mine, which I'm planning on trying.

I don't have any good ideas for yours.

@Starry

Did you try yoga or some other core strengthening exercise? (hint: that's what I suggested in March of 2017). It sounds as if medication is only effective if the cause is gastrointestinal - not stress induced which is why I suggested yoga as it should help with that as well. Likewise, I would suggest going to a grief counselor.
    Likes Population: 1, Avocado liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Did you try yoga or some other core strengthening exercise? (hint: that's what I suggested in March of 2017). It sounds as if medication is only effective if the cause is gastrointestinal - not stress induced which is why I suggested yoga as it should help with that as well. Likewise, I would suggest going to a grief counselor.
    Now that I have more money and am starting to have a more predictable life, I can try those things.

Now that I have more money and am starting to have a more predictable life, I can try those things.

Predictable life...I can understand. Try not too spend too much money on these things though. You can try out yoga DVDs from the library if you had to...or a free/inexpensive yoga class from a community center or hospital. You often times can get super cheap grief counseling from a hospital...there should be grief support groups...