• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Height discussion?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1.79m

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
5'4" if you are being generous. Like... 5'3.5" otherwise.

Its short enough to be inconvenient at times like when having to reach something or see something in a crowd- short enough to be VERY convenient with having to be comfortable in small places like airplane seats(though I dont think ANYONE is ever truly comfortable in those)... and short enough to be mentioned here as 'short enough' instead of 'tall enough'.

It could be worse though. I could be 4'10" like my cousin... thats gotta be hard in some ways...

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yay! I am the shortest so far.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm 5'5. My husband is 6'5 and the only time I think much about my height is when someone tells me - he's way taller than you!

Really? I had no idea.

I don't compare myself to other women in height, it's never even entered my mind. It would be dumb of me to compare myself to men. Unless it's a man about my height with a Napoleon complex. I understand these men having that complex regarding other men. But they also project it on women. I've seen it projected at tall women but it's even happened to me and other women of average height. This, I laugh at. Out loud. It's so ridiculous.

I agree and I think it's especially funny that tall men are weirded out by tall women. It's gross and sexist and kind of misogynistic. Men alllllways want to feel superior.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree and I think it's especially funny that tall men are weirded out by tall women. It's gross and sexist and kind of misogynistic. Men alllllways want to feel superior.

Don't know where you derive your generalizations from, but you should refrain from their use until you can be more accurate.

I don't know a single tall man "weirded out" by tall women. The idea is poor projection by you, to say the least. Most men I know find tall women, the few that there are, very attractive.

For myself, I love tall women. My tallest girlfriend was the 6'4" center on my college's women's basketball team. Her height was not an issue.

As to the rest of your statement, to call merely wrong and a severely sexist generalization by you would be an understatement of epic proportions.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I didn't know that, how does shorter men feel about tall women then?:mellow:

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I didn't know that, how does shorter men feel about tall women?:mellow:

I'm not a guy, but I assume maybe some men are okay with their height, and others feel intimidated in general that they're short.

Tom Cruise is considered short (for a guy, I guess, he's like 5'7 1/2), he often wears lifts in his shoes, I think. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Don't know where you derive your generalizations from, but you should refrain from their use until you can be more accurate.

I don't know a single tall man "weirded out" by tall women. The idea is poor projection by you, to say the least. Most men I know find tall women, the few that there are, very attractive.

For myself, I love tall women. My tallest girlfriend was the 6'4" center on my college's women's basketball team. Her height was not an issue.

As to the rest of your statement, to call merely wrong and a severely sexist generalization by you would be an understatement of epic proportions.

I don't think it's that absurd of a statement, really. In general, men want to date women shorter than themselves, and women want to date someone taller. Even in your own example, you said tall men prefer taller women, and the basketball player that you dated was still shorter than yourself.

That's not to say that tall women are undesirable. I'm sure Victoria Secret models don't have any trouble getting dates lol. But unless you're that physically attractive, it probably does limit your range to people who are your height are taller. Most women don't want someone shorter anyways, though.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't know that, how does shorter men feel about tall women then?:mellow:

Awkward for me i think...not comepletely sure. I may get used to it, i dont know. Have always dated shorter then me from 5'0" to 5'8". I know high heels with 5'8" did seem a little weird...it bothered her MUCH more then it bothered me.

Usually sex is the only thing it really affects for me relationship wise, i wont go into why here. No preference either way. Both have plus and minuses.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yay! I am the shortest so far.

Congratulations from all my giant woman's heart :hug:

4bbb4fb7616c6a8c813d203e7c149bb0.jpg

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I am not that tall at 5'7, but I do live in a place where I suspect the average height of men is a little lower than the rest of the US, due to the common ethnic background. So I find myself on eye level with many men and a head taller than many women around me.

Men around my height and shorter will often like me, but be insecure about their own height. It has way less to do with my height than their own. I am talking guys as short as 5'3"-4" too. So I bet a fair amount of average height men may find super model height women attractive, but their own insecurity may hold them back. On dating sites though, I notice many men put a range which includes up to 2" taller than themselves.

Having dated someone shorter who was super secure about it, I will say that how the man feels about himself can influence how the woman responds to him. Do I prefer someone taller though? Yes.

Also, a fair amount of tall men do prefer tall women (which doesn't mean taller). There was some study which showed women prefer men around 5" taller, but men prefer women only about 3" shorter. So women wearing heels can be more than just getting a sexy strut and lengthening the legs. It can make them appeal more to the men they find attractive.

I suspect this has something to do with getting a height advantage for future male offspring (because the social advantage is there, whether we like it or not) :thinking: . While men may prefer shorter than themselves because of sexual dimorphism, they don't want their offspring to be a lot shorter (subconsciously). But shorter women may want an upgrade for their kids.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think it's that absurd of a statement, really. In general, men want to date women shorter than themselves, and women want to date someone taller. Even in your own example, you said tall men prefer taller women, and the basketball player that you dated was still shorter than yourself.

That's not to say that tall women are undesirable. I'm sure Victoria Secret models don't have any trouble getting dates lol. But unless you're that physically attractive, it probably does limit your range to people who are your height are taller. Most women don't want someone shorter anyways, though.

Let's make it really simple.

Most women will not date a man shorter than themself. Many women here and elsewhere have expressed the idea that height in a man is very attractive. From my experience, women will only date shorter men if the man is very rich or very important.

The number of tall women is very small. I have heard tall women complain about the small pool of men they have to date. Tall women often criticize tall men for not dating tall women.

From my experience, short men have an extremely difficult time even getting a date unless they are wealthy or powerful. The ones I know are in no way put off by the height of a woman. It is only prejudice of many women that hurts the prospects of the typical short guy.

As to men, most are not overly concerned by height, unless it is extreme.

Therefore, it is women who are in control of the dating parameters in regards to height.

Now, when tall women complain about tall men dating shorter women, it is because men are not prejudiced like women typically are.

So, to call it "gross" is a stupid comment, projecting on to men the prejudice that many if not most women have.

To call it "sexist" is to label women, not men sexist.

To call it "kind of misogynistic" is anything but accurate.

And to say "men always want to feel superior" is extremely misandric.

TL;dr: women typically like taller men; men typically don't care about height.

Tall women are typically limited by their own height prejudice; tall men are typically not limited to only tall women by pursue women of all heights.

Short women typically are only limited in pursuing extremely tall men (less than 4% of men are 6'4" or taller.

Short men are typically limited to only shorter women (by the prejudice of women), unless the men are wealthy or powerful.

The poster I quoted made an extremely poor statement.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, to call it "gross" is a stupid comment, projecting on to men the prejudice that many if not most women have.

To call it "sexist" is to label women, not men sexist.

To call it "kind of misogynistic" is anything but accurate.

Ah. I think I kind of filtered out "sexism" business. I thought you were reacting to her general comment that dudes tend to prefer women shorter than themselves, which tends to be true. Your reaction makes more sense to me now, or at least I know what actually bothered you.

I don't know what to call those kinds of preferences. They sort of are what they are to me. Women are stringent about height in the same way that men are more stringent about weight. A slim, attractive woman might not mind a dad bod. A taller, attractive guy might not mind a shorty. :shrug:

Both sexes just have things they're hardwired to find desirable, even if there's social pressure for those preferences to be more egalitarian. All the same, everyone's beautiful to somebody.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is it horrible that I don't want to date a guy below 5'6? I am most attracted to 5'11-6' because guys of that height tend to lift me with the most ease. Unless they have a special circumstance, if they can't lift me at my 85-90 lbs, it's a big turn off.

Permabanned
I'm 178

- - - Updated - - -

Is it horrible that I don't want to date a guy below 5'6? I am most attracted to 5'11-6' because guys of that height tend to lift me with the most ease. Unless they have a special circumstance, if they can't lift me at my 85-90 lbs, it's a big turn off.

yes

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Congratulations from all my giant woman's heart :hug:

4bbb4fb7616c6a8c813d203e7c149bb0.jpg

Hahaha thanks, I play into my petiteness. However, at times, I would love to be tall with enhanced curves. :)